Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,065 members, 7,919,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:40 AM

Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later (922 Views)

What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? / I Welcome This Idea:from 2011, President, Govs Must Be Graduates / Whoever Gave Seun This Idea! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Onlytruth(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
Is there a way to add IQ testing to the politics section user profiles? How challenging can it be to create a small application that either runs on the same server that tests general IQ of a tester and post the scores as stars against a username, or on a separate server which tags results against usernames and profiles?
For instance, top scores, 5-4 stars; medium scores, 3-2 stars; low scores, 1-0 star.

How does it help Nairaland?

It helps to ensure that posters are known by their IQ scores BEFORE a poster can decide to engage them in argument or any exchange. This is important because this site has lost a lot of smart posters to illogical posters. I even believe that some government officials must have come across this site and left because of some extreme low IQ folks who reduce the quality of exchange here.

I would want folks to avoid me if I score low. cool

How easy can it be?

I don't know much about web applications because I am more interested in embedded systems (low level machine language stuff). Beaf might have an idea.

Nairaland will improve in image and clout if we have a user ranking system based on IQ results.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Onlytruth(m): 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
To ensure that you don't lose traffic (lol I know you value traffic like mad! grin) it does not have to be compulsory. Just make it to be part of the option available in user profile setup. Folks can choose to avoid those without stars if they like.

I am thinking that the easiest way might be through an external source/site using Nairaland users' email addresses. Your site will simply call the results from the IQ site (if you reach such agreement with the site owners ahead of time), to create stars against usernames here. It should be a one time event to avoid bandwidth guzzling.

I repeat, it does not have to be compulsory. It should be there though.
Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by aljharem(m): 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin LOL grin grin grin grin grin Onlytruth no go kill pesin
Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2012
The poster with the lowest IQ making a thread about IQ..

If I may ask, what's your IQ?

Foolish people!!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
Do an IQ test here, and post your result!!
Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
Onlytruth: Is there a way to add IQ testing to the politics section user profiles? How challenging can it be to create a small application that either runs on the same server that tests general IQ of a tester and post the scores as stars against a username, or on a separate server which tags results against usernames and profiles?
For instance, top scores, 5-4 stars; medium scores, 3-2 stars; low scores, 1-0 star.

How does it help Nairaland?

It helps to ensure that posters are known by their IQ scores BEFORE a poster can decide to engage them in argument or any exchange. This is important because this site has lost a lot of smart posters to illogical posters. I even believe that some government officials must have come across this site and left because of some extreme low IQ folks who reduce the quality of exchange here.

I would want folks to avoid me if I score low. cool

How easy can it be?

I don't know much about web applications because I am more interested in embedded systems (low level machine language stuff). Beaf might have an idea.

Nairaland will improve in image and clout if we have a user ranking system based on IQ results.

Nairaland is a multipurpose Nigeria forum where everything Nigerian and non-Nigerian from silliest to the smartest ideas are discussed by people of varying personalities with different shades of opinions. How does IQ help such a website other than killing it? What's killing discussion particularly in politics section of Nairaland has nothing to do with IQ. You can easily spot a not too smart fellow and avoid his/her responses. The issue here is tribalism which in any case you are a chief promoter on Nairaland.

The best you can do if you feel strongly about it is to advocate a section for yourself and your likes.
Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Onlytruth(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
I hardly comment on threads moved out of the politics section, so I take it my idea is not accepted.
Moving on and leaving the usual oafs behind. . . cool
Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 22, 2012
Onlytruth: I hardly comment on threads moved out of the politics section, so I take it my idea is not accepted.
Moving on and leaving the usual oafs behind. . . cool

LMAO. This post is enough to get you stripped of your Eze title and get you banned from ever posting on Nairaland. Straight out of Adolf Hitler's theory of eugenics.
Re: Seun, Think About This Idea. Thank Me Later by fstranger: 2:16am On Aug 22, 2012
Aigbofa:

LMAO. This post is enough to get you stripped of your Eze title and get you banned from ever posting on Nairaland. Straight out of Adolf Hitler's theory of eugenics.

Comparing this thread to the theory of eugenics is an insult to the inventor of eugenics, Francis Golton, and a derision of the immaculate concept behind eugenics. This thread ranks high on my list of stupidd and senseless threads and in no way comparable, in person or thought or intent, to the concept of eugenics. Simply stated, Onlytruth is a person.

(1) (Reply)

Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Beverly Osu Breaks Big Brother Africa Record / Get the Full Details Of The 2009 ASUU-FG Agreement here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.