Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,288 members, 7,881,073 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:52 AM

Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? (14949 Views)

Nigerian Lady On Twitter Ready For Marriage (photo) / Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / How To Approach A Girl On The First Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by LarrySun(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
boomssey: R u in need of a spouse or jst wana av som fling.

You got someone for me?
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Zenanted(m): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
talina: Nothing wrong with it as long as you respect the ones who arent interested smiley
depending on hw she sends d not-interested's msg.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
crackhouse: Yeah it's fine. That was how my father trapped my mum.

Hehe.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by LarrySun(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
Interest knows no bound. Even some ladies do it. It's not only guys that approach the opposite sex on streets.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by MrCork17: 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
actually i connect one babe at the bus stop 2 weeks ago.. mission accomplished! cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
Larry-Sun:
Why do some view approaching a hot girl on the street as an abomination? Personally, I like the courage of a guy who is brave enough to go for whatever he desires.

Ladies, irresponsibility isn't instilled yet in the act, except the tone and mode of approach. I wouldn't start judging a book by it's cover if I didn't want to remain a celibate for life.

it is ok.
but don't stalk or be OVERLY persistent.
It's quite freaky and annoying. undecided

One oloshi grabbed my arm when I walked passed him and ignored his disgusting noises and comments
about my body. I turned around and was about to give him the two piece combo grin grin when my cousin retrained me.
He stunk of liquor and what made it frikin worse was when he had the nerve to continue talking and said "ummm feisty! I like that!" angry angry angry grin.

yeah...**hears crickets**

So as I was saying, it's cool but do so in moderation. Get to the point but don't be too bold.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by IZUKWU(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
In this game,nothing ventured,nothing gained. I have approached my own fair share of ladies on the street with varrying degrees of success. It is about having the boldness and confidence to say what is on your mind. And the maturity to handle whatever the lady throws at you. My ex and even my present girlfriend i met both on the street. I wonder if we would have met otherwise if i was looking for a more formal setting.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by yuzedo: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
coolzeal: picking up a lady from the street is not bad but you can't tell if she's busy or perhaps running out of time to her destination. Best places to pick up women are Library, Garden, Functions/events, Art & gallery display, movie theater and sometimes in a restaurant etc..
What??!
Pick up a Nigerian lady in a restaurant??
So that she can ask you to pay for her food??!
You must be mad! angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by slimyem: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
coolzeal: picking up a lady from the street is not bad but you can't tell if she's busy or perhaps running out of time to her destination. Best places to pick up women are Library, Garden, Functions/events, [s]Art & gallery display, movie theater and sometimes in a restaurant [/s]etc..
only the bolded is pratical in naija.
How many arts and gallery displays happen around,how many movie theaters do we having in the country?
How many public libraries do we have and how many people use them?
How many gardens are around...and how many people use them.
Mister,asides owanbes' and other ceremonies,the rest is not feasible in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by promire2004(f): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
There is no definite place where spouses or soul-mates are met. U can meet someone in d street, it all depends on ur perspective bout life. It's unfortunate dat once a lady finds herself in d bad book of her hubby's pple, she is often tagged as "been picked from d street", when in reality it's not always d case. Although, there are no fast rules as to where u meet ur spouses, i still fink dat life is full of stages. If u accost a lady on d street, u can do that politely and wait patiently to observe her reaction. If she sounds friendly and interested, u can forge ahead, otherwise u just respect her opinion. I rem some time ago, i was motioned to a stand-still on a very sunny day by one funny looking fellow like dat, d way and manner with which he beckoned at me got me pretty scared. I later realised he was just a lousy fellow. Tried to be nice sha burrrrr.........anyway, some guys are very funny. Guys, don't stalk ladies on d streets, and ladies, pls don't be too hard on guys. *my 2 cents*.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
pro01: I can approach a girl anywhere, even in a burial ground. I can't count the number of girls I've met in the street since I started this 'toasting' business about a decade ago. Most times they might appear unfriendly and hostile at first, but when they assess you to be cool, good-looking, funny, polite and all that, they let their guard down. . .eventually when you guys become friends or lovers, they would be thankful they did not make the mistake of ignoring you when you first met in the street. I'm sure most girls can relate to this.

The fact is that there are no rules in this boy-girl business - everything boils down to whether they both make a good first impression on the other in terms of charisma, looks, money, or whatever else they use as selection criteria. End of.
Eh, you beat me to it. My ffriends don tire for my matter. When I see a girl I like it takes me about 5seconds to decide if I want to scope her or not. Street or no street, I walk up briskly and get down to business and more often than not I get a number and in many cases home address, and I never get ride be dat o.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
IZUKWU: In this game,nothing ventured,nothing gained. I have approached my own fair share of ladies on the street with varrying degrees of success. It is about having the boldness and confidence to say what is on your mind. And the maturity to handle whatever the lady throws at you. My ex and even my present girlfriend i met both on the street. I wonder if i would have met otherwise if i was looking for a more formal setting.
Like a garden maybe. Me, I no dey go restaurant or art gallery for that matter. So that one mean say no cuties for me? Uh uh.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by hamsky: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
Reminds me of this hot girl I saw at the grocery store yesterday that kept following wherever I went...wish I said something to her.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by jaymdee(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
Not in Lagos tho...
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by FX(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
Nwa Teacher: Dia is nothing bad in someone expressing his feelings to a lady he want whether in the street, party, market etc. Opportunity comes but once, if u miss her in the street, how sure are u seeing her somewhere else. Be brave and go 4 what u want at anytime, anywhere and anyhow. No harm in trial and insult is part of d game.

Nwa Teacher, u r a correct man. Go for what u want anytime n anywhere.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
fresh_dude: Eh, you beat me to it. My ffriends don tire for my matter. When I see a girl I like it takes me about 5seconds to decide if I want to scope her or not. Street or no street, I walk up briskly and get down to business and more often than not I get a number and in many cases home address, and I never get ride be dat o.

My Oga, you bad pass Tony Montana be dat oh. But for real it's funny this topic is even being discussed here. Seems a good number of peeps on NL are couch-potatoes with no real-life experience out there in the field. Even girls have no problem with being approached in the street, as long as they 'feel' the guy approaching them, or are in the right mood to be approached.

Trust me, if the average babe isn't approached by any guy in the street for a whole week, she would run to her pastor for deliverance. They need it more than we do. It's great for their self-esteem. Afterall, as the legendary Ovid says, “Whether they give or refuse, it delights women just the same to have been asked". No be lie.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Elueme: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
A man get to do some crazy things @ times to get wat he wants...She may Neva cross your part again if u don't establish sometime in the interim. Though I haven't tried it for personal pride but I don't think it's out rightly wrong

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by billyG(m): 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
if no bi street na 4 wher b4,na 4 her papa house?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by abysirius(m): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
Larry-Sun:
Why do some view approaching a hot girl on the street as an abomination? Personally, I like the courage of a guy who is brave enough to go for whatever he desires.

Ladies, irresponsibility isn't instilled yet in the act, except the tone and mode of approach. I wouldn't start judging a book by it's cover if I didn't want to remain a celibate for life.
It's no crime walking up to a lady u like on d street. As far as u know u want her and u're sure d timing is right, no qualms. But personally I don't think I like d idea anyway. Not be'cos I'm too shy or timid to but may b be'cos I've neva had a reason (beauty wey man no fit resist) like u do.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by LarrySun(m): 12:40am On Jun 25, 2012
abysirius:
It's no crime walking up to a lady u like on d street. As far as u know u want her and u're sure d timing is right, no qualms. But personally I don't think I like d idea anyway. Not be'cos I'm too shy or timid to but may b be'cos I've neva had a reason (beauty wey man no fit resist) like u do.

I tried it yesterday and almost got hit by a motorcycle...so embarassing! Next time, I'd put on my pair of lenses.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by mrman2(m): 1:09am On Jun 25, 2012
i am here to drop my golden pen into your silver basket. Even the girl was embarrassed on my behalf.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by JB789: 1:10am On Jun 25, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]watch
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by JB789: 1:11am On Jun 25, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]browsing
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Jack65: 1:21am On Jun 25, 2012
BoboYekini: pro01, gbam gbam....gbam!
I'd like to add, if i may, that the 3-second rule is also worth applying when contemplating approachement. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

"The 3-second rule" ? Is that from the Game-Mystery Method. I think all the guys who said its wrong here are AFCs. They are scared shitless to approache a woman anywhere! How can you see a girl you like and not talk to her simply because its on the street ? As if you will get to meet her again in a more private place. That's bull!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by coolzeal(m): 2:55am On Jun 25, 2012
yuzedo:
What??!
Pick up a Nigerian lady in a restaurant??
So that she can ask you to pay for her food??!
You must be mad! angry

Well that is your mind set, she never ask you to pay for her and am not mad, just laying down my opinion and my personal feelings have no bearing on reality..
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by coolzeal(m): 3:00am On Jun 25, 2012
slimyem: only the bolded is pratical in naija.
How many arts and gallery displays happen around,how many movie theaters do we having in the country?
How many public libraries do we have and how many people use them?
How many gardens are around...and how many people use them.
Mister,asides owanbes' and other ceremonies,the rest is not feasible in Nigeria!

Don't know about Lagos but we have places like that in Abuja. I know for sure NYSC camp is one of the best places to pick up ladies..
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 25, 2012
Zenanted: depending on hw she sends d not-interested's msg.

Im assuming she sends it straight forward. In a decent way!
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by sayso: 8:15am On Jun 25, 2012
rude.
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by RuuDie(m): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2012
Na wah oh. . . . .a man can't approach a lady online, can't approach her in the streets, can't approach at the place of business, place of worship or place of leisure - then how and where the f*ck else are guys supposed to approach ladies!!?
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2012
I can never approach a lady on the street
Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by LarrySun(m): 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
Adetayo100: I can never approach a lady on the street

Where would you rather? In the tunnel? Perhaps you're agoraphobic.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Approach A Lady On The Street? by boomssey(f): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Larry-Sun:

You got someone for me?
Well larry it al depends on wot ur lukin 4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Sex With My Virgin Girlfriend. Advice Needed / Can Nairaland Girls Post There Pictures, Some Men Are Interested In You Here! / Let's Reason Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.