Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,285 members, 7,971,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:56 PM

D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy (9452 Views)

Tiwa Savage Attends BRIT Awards After-party (photos) / D’banj: I Will Not Marry Until I Win Grammy Award / Jjc 419 Squad Lambasts D’banj “i Even Give You Girl, 419″ (interview Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2012
He can't win a Grammy if he keeps Oliver Twisting in the UK. Until he makes himself relevant in the US or switches to Afrobeat and starts sounding like Miriam Makeba or Youssou N'Dour, he can't win a Grammy.

A Brit Award is definitely doable though, so best of luck to him on that.
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
No Dbanj didn't win everytin in 9ja,he is just desperately marketing himself and it would soon dawn on him.i still wonder what he sings 2 be dreaming so high.Fine,with Don Jazzy they made good package buh he is still far far behind 2face,Nneka and Asa,his best album ENTERTAINER is an over-hyped shit.and that was 2008,he is only going WEST to expose himself which everyone will def see.wtf with Oliver Twist this,Oliver Twist that.does he even know he needs to be super-talented 2 make it in such climes.The Koko master is just stretching his luck too far.fine he is a successful bizman and possibly into some shady deals but does thayt make him better than 2face Idibia or why is he always sounding like he is so gifted or exceptional at some point he even described himself as the Messiah for african music,what nonsense man..according to him he has been dreaming about going global 2years ago,why couldn't he strive so hard to win the MOBO award which would have really helped him in his quest for International stardom,how did Wizkid won it against him yet he is ejaculating at the thought of Brit award and Grammy.I always want to puke at the height of propaganda and stunt the guy is pulling,he is too desperate and full of pride,he can't fathom that another Act(s) could come and steal his shine the way wizkid did.He sings rubbish yet its more than 4years since he dropped an album.Dbanj is fond of caling himself an entertainer,who is not one?Psquare,wizkid,2face are great singers yet they are also entertainers.Don Jazzy mastery and some faceless songwriters made Dbanj look like a big deal yet he has to leave the scene cos he has fear of the unknown.How desperate could he have been to pay Kanye to sign him,it doesn't work that way.talent is like a Shining star,everyone discovers it,not the mockery he made of himself running after Kanye at Dubai,and one other thing Kanye has the pedigree he will not allow Dbanj to poo on,Never,Nuffsaid#

1 Like

Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by cyril83(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
Joey82: not hating but d banj dosnt look like the african music messiah.
his lyrics lack substance and that is what wins u an award.
the only grammy hopefuls we have in naija right nowis either asha or nneka or maybe darey!
nice said we shouldnt doubt him, he'll bring those grammies but i doubt
do u ever listen to music? Why can't he?....jst take a simple look @ outcast crew what do they sing and they 've won grammy several times....we r here talkin about power of devil u r hia claimin talent
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Heymus(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Wish u dbest
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by obailala(m): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
Hoodrat:

Murafucker angry Dbanj is an entertainer he is more educated and ambitious than you and will never use while for why.

tot i was the only one dat saw dat grin grin grin
As for dbanj, he's a great businessman and at the rate he's going, he would be winning something big soon. Lyrics or no lyrics, its all about pressing d right buttons
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Joey82(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
cyril83: do u ever listen to music? Why can't he?....jst take a simple look @ outcast crew what do they sing and they 've won grammy several times....we r here talkin about power of devil u r hia claimin talent

and hw many demons had to gather b4 adele clinched 6 of em grammies in 1 night.
even if the devil goes blind, it wont mistakenly touch d banj for a grammy.
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by adelaja70(m): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2012
TRADEMARK: No Dbanj didn't win everytin in 9ja,he is just desperately marketing himself and it would soon dawn on him.i still wonder what he sings 2 be dreaming so high.Fine,with Don Jazzy they made good package buh he is still far far behind 2face,Nneka and Asa,his best album ENTERTAINER is an over-hyped shit.and that was 2008,he is only going WEST to expose himself which everyone will def see.wtf with Oliver Twist this,Oliver Twist that.does he even know he needs to be super-talented 2 make it in such climes.The Koko master is just stretching his luck too far.fine he is a successful bizman and possibly into some shady deals but does thayt make him better than 2face Idibia or why is he always sounding like he is so gifted or exceptional at some point he even described himself as the Messiah for african music,what nonsense man..according to him he has been dreaming about going global 2years ago,why couldn't he strive so hard to win the MOBO award which would have really helped him in his quest for International stardom,how did Wizkid won it against him yet he is ejaculating at the thought of Brit award and Grammy.I always want to puke at the height of propaganda and stunt the guy is pulling,he is too desperate and full of pride,he can't fathom that another Act(s) could come and steal his shine the way wizkid did.He sings rubbish yet its more than 4years since he dropped an album.Dbanj is fond of caling himself an entertainer,who is not one?Psquare,wizkid,2face are great singers yet they are also entertainers.Don Jazzy mastery and some faceless songwriters made Dbanj look like a big deal yet he has to leave the scene cos he has fear of the unknown.How desperate could he have been to pay Kanye to sign him,it doesn't work that way.talent is like a Shining star,everyone discovers it,not the mockery he made of himself running after Kanye at Dubai,and one other thing Kanye has the pedigree he will not allow Dbanj to poo on,Never,Nuffsaid#
Sharaaaap there!....mumu,if he win am you go commit suicide,abi?,,,oponu!
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by nolongtin(m): 12:03am On Jun 26, 2012
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 26, 2012
Nonsense! I want to win...! Work toward what you know you can do. If you are very good you will get it dude!
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Stiv(m): 4:13am On Jun 26, 2012
Dbanj is just trying to keep himself relevant until he can get good songs to keep himself going. Oliver Twist is roughly a year in the market. Since then, we are yet to hear any music from him. His publicists are fighting hard to keep him in business, that's why a cameo appearance in K.West's video is being overhyped. P-Square has done 3 videos with international artists, and are not making noise about it. Dbanj should do music, and stop rushing to the media at the slightest opportunity.

1 Like

Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by arkitekt: 5:11am On Jun 26, 2012
Joey82: not hating but d banj dosnt look like the african music messiah.
his lyrics lack substance and that is what wins u an award.
the only grammy hopefuls we have in naija right nowis either asha or nneka or maybe darey!
nice said we shouldnt doubt him, he'll bring those grammies but i doubt
guy terminate ur doubt, is all about entertaiment, lyrics aint shit. Dbanj is an entertainer...ar u not entertained? One luv dbanj.
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 26, 2012
@Adelaja,u must be one of his online rep,i can feel your desperation,omo-baba- were.U must be high on some cheap skunk 2 think Dbanj will win anything,.Face it mugun he will win Nada,the scales will soon fall from his eyes then all of u will mellow down.Poor soul like U
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by dasparrow: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2012
Stiv: Dbanj is just trying to keep himself relevant until he can get good songs to keep himself going. Oliver Twist is roughly a year in the market. Since then, we are yet to hear any music from him. His publicists are fighting hard to keep him in business, that's why a cameo appearance in K.West's video is being overhyped. P-Square has done 3 videos with international artists, and are not making noise about it. Dbanj should do music, and stop rushing to the media at the slightest opportunity.

Well said.
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by musty1987(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2012
but Can U really win grammy all d best sha bro
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2012
Who's D'banj? undecided
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by safarigirl(f): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2012
D'banj, i like your ambition, but if the likes of Femi Kuti, Nneka and Asa are yet to win this grammy despite the strong message their music sends, how can your noise jump them? My guy, Nora Roberts and Sidney Sheldon are great writers, but neither of them won a Nobel Prize for Literature. Your music may be club bangers, but it takes more than a good beat to get a grammy.
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by queensmith: 10:31am On Jun 26, 2012
He's gassed

then again, don't grammys follow hype?
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 26, 2012
I wish him best of luck in his pursuit of Grammy awards, but he really need to step up his music
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2012
The post is uselessly long, I'm sooo exhausted from reading it. Gosh I feel sooo stupid to have actually read the whole thing! Wow I prolly need a job or something sad
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
Btw best of luck Dbanj... *turns to poster* monkey!
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by bernieamce: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Hoodrat:

Murafucker angry Dbanj is an entertainer he is more educated and ambitious than you and will never use while for why.
guy u don kill me! I don quensh where i de luagh!
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by babyboy3(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ijogz K: Who's D'banj? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XOv7OabeZg

Don J dey miss oooo
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by queensmith: 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
am i the only person that doesnt get the hype about bricka? i don't call any of what he does dancing?
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by ocyno2001: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2012
ds thread is too long,Did any got d msg. Cnt waste my time reading a repeated writing

1 Like

Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by omar22(m): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
Stiv: Dbanj is just trying to keep himself relevant until he can get good songs to keep himself going. Oliver Twist is roughly a year in the market. Since then, we are yet to hear any music from him. His publicists are fighting hard to keep him in business, that's why a cameo appearance in K.West's video is being overhyped. P-Square has done 3 videos with international artists, and are not making noise about it. Dbanj should do music, and stop rushing to the media at the slightest opportunity.

Do you know what a product life cycle mean?
Re: D’banj - I Want To Win A Brit Award & A Grammy by oluchijud(f): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
Bro,u dey ma mind... I was expectin somefin lyk,''Author: Free2rhyme'' @ d end of d post.. He cld av gone 2 a publishing press n got it published. Read it 2 an insomaniac n it wld send d person 2 a deep sleep.. D article was so borin d@ i had 2 pause n assured masef i was gonna try n read it someday wen i suffer insomnia...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Beautiful Girl Found On Instagram. / Photos:first Day Of Yul Edochie's Daughter In Secondary School / Why Didn't Peter Okoye Marry Munachi Abii? His Biggest Mistake In Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.