Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,442 members, 7,944,192 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) (13613 Views)

My Business 1 0 1: The Entrepreneurs' Lounge / 12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by luck007(m): 1:08am On Jul 05, 2009
@Uche thanks
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by stagger: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
This thread is a wonderful one. There are enough posts for anyone looking to start a business to harness from. Kudos to all who have made contributions here.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by KAeybanj(m): 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
I started my small biz because I wanted to prove my managerial competence. The major challenge was fear of failure. If I could conquer it, all other challenges are just stepping stones
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by webprof(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2009
a movie producer selling his VG millenium beetle for N580,000

Clean body
Strong Engine
Full Air cOnditioned
10 Loader Cd player
2.0 Litre engine
Manual Transmission

PICTURES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by ProfTayour(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
It is amazing how businesses die in this part of the world because aspiring entrepreneurs cannot access required finance. As an entrepreneur, the most daunting challenge is always lack of fund especially for people just starting out.

I remember years back 2002 to be precise; i walked and visited almost all the banks and other financial institutions in Nigeria looking for just N30, 00 to start a business.
The business idea just popped into my head and to me it will be stupid for any bank not to give me that amount. Many of my friends and relatives that I shared the business idea with were excited but lacked the finance to help.

I was a newcomer myself at one time and I know the hurdles one has to cross to make it to the big scene. However, I also know that anyone – I repeat, ANYONE is capable of turning his or her business dream into reality.
I have seen the dumbest of people with not too brilliant ideas make good money with their business. If they can do it, anyone can.

ideas raelly rule the world. That is what i discovered after a long search that it is not really money constraints but ideas.

There are businesses that cost little or no money to start up.

Anyone who has an idea can share them here.

I willcaome and post cos i have like 5oo of those.
thanks
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Emmandus(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2009
Have you seen my blogs? They are set up for the sole purpose of providing free business success tipsCheck them out and tell me what you think about it .Later. 07033875827
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
Great thread indeed. For me the greatest threat to starting out is fear while the greatest cause of failure is lack of motivation to continue which can be due to numerous problems. The issue of capital is a very delicate one as i can deduce from comments, but it needs not be. As a former bank manager, before moving out to my own business, i can tell you it is easy if you know the right things to do because the bank doesn't also want to lose money. send me a mail at solobliss@gmail.com and i will get back to you he you need help. I have useful articles on my clog which someone starting out may like. If you need an auto responder for your marketing campaign, send me an email and i will get you one free. To your success.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by deb(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
Lack of enough knowledge is the bane of most aspiring entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
A technician wakes up one day and thinks his technical skill is enough for him to run his own business.
He starts the business and he has no system in place, he is the secretary, the manager, the marketer, the accountant
the technician and everything.

A Technician, because he is good at what he does, he gets a lot of customers and soon they become too many for him to handle.
Mistakes begin to occur day in day out and the customers begin to complain before long they take their business elsewhere and before
you know what the business is only managing to survive. Eventually it collapses.

What is all my story trying to paint here? LACK OF SYSTEM. A business that lack system cannot run in the absence of the owner and
when a business cannot run effectively in the absence of the owner then the owner only has a job, he is not an entrepreneur and the
business will eventually fail.

I will give you a simple example; Dangote does not go to the factory to make cement yet he produces and sells cement
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by ebonyking: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2009
I had really been tough but with great determination I have been able to float the first[url=http://webfireng.com/index.php/topic,93.msg191.html#msg191]Onitsha Business Forum[/url] A monthly program where people of the city will lectured on basic enterpreneurial skills that will help them propel them into profitable business ventures that suits them.

I started that amidst many challenges like:lack of venue,capital to pay resource persons,etc but I am determined not to stop until success is assured
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Genergo(m): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2009
I need info on anyone who deals in Regulators , valves and any other accessories for LPG/COOKING GAS CYLINDERS.

I have huge demand for them and always struggle to meet the demand.

Also, I have cylinders for sale on behalf of Chimons gas Ltd.I ccan give goodd discount for bulk buyers.

12.5kg - 8000.00
6.25kg with burner - 7200.00

send email to ehius@yahoo.com
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by kemoju: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2009
am intrested in openin a supermarket how i do i register the company ,can i hv moer than i have more than i bussines under one registration,how do i write a bussines plan wen do i knw that i hv gotten to the break even point
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by GreatErhi(m): 6:45am On Jul 29, 2009
First thing first,while do you want to start your own biz? Is it because of the money or what? you must ask yourself some
questions ,you know you along ve the answer to. shocked shocked shocked then an idea will come that you can start from.
starting a biz or comp. in naija is easy it all depend on you,how do you see it?
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by omogbadebo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2009
Dear Nairalanders,
I am in need of sincere ideas,opinions,suggestions and proposals regarding a venture.
I just completed a building in a serene area of Coker estate, alakuko,lagos state.Its a
4 units 3-bedroom flat with modern amenities and ample spaces everywhere. I had planned
to start an hotel project elsewhere on completion of this particular building but i got severely
burnt in the capital market. This has put paid to that project.

However, the completed building is presently occupied by the first set of tenants whose rent
will expire in six months time.They have been served quit notice by my lawyers. I paid back six months
rent in lieu of notice(the area is low-rent).

BUSINESS PLAN
Survey indicated the area is good for an hotel business.The building will require very minimal
or no strucural alteration.Ample parking spaces. Location is fairly secluded( street is a close,
with no more than 8 buildings). C of O processing is at an advanced stage.My name already
published in a govt paper,awaiting governor's consent.

REQUIREMENT: Funding for equipments and fittings for a 15-room hotel.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by decworld1: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
i have interest in business but i dont know how to go about it.pls help
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by omobone(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2009
Please nairalanders,i want to own a recharge card printing outfit and i need you guys to give me more ideas on how to market it efficiently(as a student of imo state university)
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by wzone(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2009
i think starting your businesss in nigeria is not that easy becus of basic infrastuture that is not in place but i asure you with zeal and passion you will get there. keep moving guys.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by stagger: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2009
Has anyone explored "fries"?

Fried yam, plantain and potatoes to be exact? here's what you need?

1) A small piece of land space close to a students off campus hostel or a populated area.
2) Items for frying stuff such as three large frying pans (for each food item mentioned above)
3) Spoon sieves, forks.
4) Ingredients for frying and making stew.
5) The food items themselves. You can buy but I also suggest you plant your own plantains (up to 50 trees) and give them eight months to one year and you will never have cause to buy plantains for a long time to come.
6) 3 Trays
7) Any other relevant tool.

You do not have to do this yourself. Get two young and agile people (and believe me you will not have problem finding workers in today's Nigeria) to cut them up in the house a few hours before you hit the road. The business is mostly a night time business and can run from 6pm till midnight (depending on where you are. If not too safe you can shut down by 10pm).

These workers will prepare the ingredients, fry them and sell them. You can stroll to your joint to monitor sales and see what the figures add up like for sometime for you to get an idea of how much you can make.

I tell you, there is money in this business. I learnt from my cooperative chairman that a certain woman that does this business close to my area makes nothing less than N20,000 profit a day! How he knew was that he personally had to ask the lady where she was getting the money for her daily contributions from, because he could not reconcile the "undignified" nature of the business with the dignified amounts she was bringing in.

Though some may not make as much, this lady has capitalized on the fact that she is virtually unchallenged, her food standard beats those of others who are not so close by, and over time, she has acquired a good customer base. On some of my buying visits, I have witnessed big men come around with jeeps, sending their drivers to load up for them.

Food for thought!
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Dface(m): 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2009
Are u jst hearing GOOGLE ADSENSE business for d first time or u are already into it and its not bring u a tin 2 write home about.
The choice is urs now!!!
Get a full knowledge abt google adsense and all wat it entails to make it BIG from ur adsense business.
To get u started right now all wat u need is a real package and full support from me.

Testimonies abounds,

I'm an INTERNET BUSINESS CONSULTANT.
You can Call me on: 08058841896.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Aaronrod: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2009
I think it is clear to all and sundry now. Firms are moving out of the country to neighbouring Ghana. Manufacturing Association of Nigeria have started lamenting of this mass exodus. It's such a pity.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by suresam: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2009
So in point form
An entrepreneur

1 Is a person who makes a significant difference
2 Is creative and innovative
3 Spots and exploits opportunities
4 Finds resources and competencies required to exploit opportunities
5 Is a good team-builder and networker
6 Is determined in the face of adversity and competition
7 Manages change and risk
8 Creates capital.

Therefore, a Businessman is different from Entrepreneur. Forgot the building part, but i guess i said it before.

yeah, very good points raised here.
An enterpreneur needs to first create the capital he needs to execute his ideas
Must be able to find competent partners either individuals or company

To put it simple, HOW MANY NIGERIANS HAVE OR ARE READY TO DEVELOP THE ABOVE QUALITIES OF AN ENTERPRENEUR
IF THERE IS ANY IN THIS FORUM AND YET STILL NOT DOING GOOD IN BUSINESS MAYBE DUE TO CAPITAL THEN LETS TALK.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by gowaga68: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2009
I have been trying to start and import and export business, getting a company register is not the problem but how to get the buyers of the goods.
i have some business plans ,ideas but np action sad what a sad thing for me.
but i will be willing to share my ideas and plans with any one that care to know. and i would like to form a network of import and exporters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Over 2,000 Nigerians Receive Startup Funds From Consummate Traders - Ishaku / Nigeria-china Trade Declines By 79% In 2016 / Landing Cost Of Petrol Increases Because Of Devaluation Of Naira

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.