Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,967 members, 7,890,185 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:38 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41503 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/hdi/

Thank you very much...

Now let me ask you, If Nigeria with 4 times the population of Ghana is just 14 points behind ghana, if you scale down the figures of Nigeria and rationally equate it to Ghana, does it occur to you that we will be faring better than Ghana on an even scale?!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2012
fesse: Those of you supporting the half-baked mad prof. from Ghana, what are you guys still doing in Nigeria? I thought by now you guys would have been en-route Ghana.

Well Nigeria is the way it is now because many of us refuse to be patriotic. Must everything be done by the government? I remember how we all rejected the move made by south africa some months back; here we are now insulting a sitting president who is billions far better than your fathers joined together.

Why can't we for once reject our enemies who are doing everything possible to destabilize this government. Please the boko sponsors in the north and the greedy oppositions should allow this man to concentrate.

He is bad, clueless, lunatic, vision-less, etc what were you doing during the elections? or are you not qualified to contest? LIVE ABOVE HATE and be PATRIOTIC.

Did you say 'election' or 'selection'? The best way to reject our enemies is by resisting and criticizing them which you had a problem with.
As for me, patriotism does mean the same as been a slavery - a question of freedom. Should I keep back my opinions through fear of giving offense on the guise of being patriotic.

NO! I won't die in silence. Your fathers did and here we are.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by gl450: 9:57am On Jun 26, 2012
Ecc 10:16 Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child or a servant and when your officials feast in the morning!
Ecc 10:17 Happy (fortunate and to be envied) are you, O land, when your king is a free man and of noble birth and character and when your officials feast at the proper time--for strength and not for drunkenness!
Isa 32:8 But the noble, openhearted, and liberal man devises noble things; and he stands for what is noble, openhearted, and generous.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

You are officially a person for this decietful post you just put up..

If so, then Every local government in Nigeria than can boast of a 3km stretch of highway has ann Airport then.. No dey front for us like say na only you sabi Ghana o!! 5 years in Ghana, I know that enclave like the back of my hand..

Ladies and Gentlemen... Behold SUYANI AIRPORT GHANA

Takoradi Airport y'all

Kumasi Airport

Nwokem, shift from my side you self hating Nigerian..

pls tell them oooo mybe they will listen to you.i hve been telling them ghna is not the paradise they are prtraying it but they wont listen
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

Did you say 'election' or 'selection'? The best way to reject our enemies is by resisting and criticizing them which you had a problem with.
As for me, patriotism does mean the same as been a slavery - a question of freedom. Should I keep back my opinions through fear of giving offense on the guise of being patriotic.

Freedom of expression is not an opportunity to abuse others. It even becomes offense when it is not used rightly!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by macparker: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2012
jmaine:

Screaming your lungs out here is a height of extreme stvpidity cos it changes nothing . . .What do you hope to achieve with your screams grin

grin You are clown! cool
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Thank you very much...

Now let me ask you, If Nigeria with 4 times the population of Ghana is just 14 points behind ghana, if you scale down the figures of Nigeria and rationally equate it to Ghana, does it occur to you that we will be faring better than Ghana on an even scale?!

This data is on a per capita basis to aid comparison therefore the population difference is not an issue.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

In the words of the Micheal Coleone from the Godfather;

Do not take sides with outsiders against Family..

Thats patriotism.. Lash him on the inside, but cover us from external attacks.. Nigerias business is Nigerias Business..
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Dude, that is very funny. You are only begging the question. There is no single product sold in the informal market in Nigeria with a stable price. On the other hand seller is not in anyway in economics refer to as producer, they fall into meddleclass along with the distributors. However,the seller as well or the producer in some VAT condition remit taxes to the government. But this has not affected the informal system which well over 80% of the share market size for the poor that is close to 70% of the nation population. Indirectly, VAT is virtually not in effect in the Nigerian economy.

The recent government tax and other revenue is a testament to that, which is 9.9% of GDP (2011 est.) compare to Ghana 19.1% of GDP (2011 est.) at relative term. This gives a clearer picture of how tax is not effectively done in Nigeria.

I know your economics claim is based of faulted claims yet there are some evidence to the level of VAT certification and mind you the EASTER region manufactured virtually every product sold in the informal market at the shanty shops at their compounds without the government awareness.

I'm finding it difficult to put what you have written together therefore I'm sorry I won't respond to this.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2012
Many times I hate coming to this site, many times I see myself coming back to see how wasted we are, how can a stranger, walk into your household and insult your parents, even if your parents are bad, no foreigner has rights to insult my leaders. For those who support this invasion by a ghanian, it will not be well with you all.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Delafruita(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

You are officially a person for this decietful post you just put up..

If so, then Every local government in Nigeria than can boast of a 3km stretch of highway has ann Airport then.. No dey front for us like say na only you sabi Ghana o!! 5 years in Ghana, I know that enclave like the back of my hand..

Ladies and Gentlemen... Behold SUYANI AIRPORT GHANA

Takoradi Airport y'all

Kumasi Airport

Nwokem, shift from my side you self hating Nigerian..

it isnt in the beauty of the airport,its in the safety of travel.ever wonder why planes that crash in ghana originated from nigeria?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

I'm finding it difficult to put what you have written together therefore I'm sorry I won't respond to this.
Why won't you say sorry while calling seller in economics a producer? You should be. And, don't!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Thats patriotism.. Lash him on the inside, but cover us from external attacks.. Nigerias business is Nigerias Business..
I am sure none of these toddlers have watched those movies. None of them know what it is to be patriotic. I hate myself this moment for knowing that Nigerians in this forum can be so senseless in supporting a foreigner no matter what our presidency has done wrong...

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Why won't you say sorry while calling seller in economics a producer? You should be. And, don't!

It shows you don't know anything. What is the point in responding to you then.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by BetaThings: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2012
pdozie:

If the professor is not silly, he wouldn't be ridiculing a president of another country the way he did. in any case I DISAGREE whole heartedly with all his points. The above analysis from Mekusnwa is simply one of the best!!

Believe it or not, GEJ may seem to be slow in making things happen but he is definitley not stupid. The mess created in this country will take years to clean so allow him! Moreso, many people both within & outside the governemnt are bent on sabotaging his efforts. Come on!!!
Believe it or not, I am pained when a foreigner faults the president of my country president and I cannot refute his claims easily

We should do away with this mentality of each administration blaming its predecessor
"This is the first time in the history of this country that an administration will do so and so"
But Jonathan has been a key member of PDP since 1999. What did he revolutionise in Bayelsa as a gov?
Jonathan was the chairman of NIPP that was to give us 6,000MW by Dec 2009 and he did not deliver
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2012
On a second thought, Nairaland, after so many years of existence has 912293 members; not even up to 1 million, of the 167m people in Nigeria, I guess Nairaland will even lose more people because no one wants to stay here and see the folly going on here.....
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by BetaThings: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

That is correct (although it was Vito the Don that said it, Michael his son was then estranged) but the principle will be difficult to apply on the internet
If you don't take side on this thread, can a Ghanaian not go to other threads to copy your critical posts on GEJ and post it here. He would then be able to accuse you of hypocrisy
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Ask America why they were willing to fly sorties into Libya to bomb out Ghadaffi yet have not lifted a finger against Assad in Syria who has commited worse attorcities than Ghadaffi did..

America is not a yardstick for measuring nothing..

Smart f'ool

And when has land mass became yardstick for measuring success? If not for your name and the juju wey you carry, I for blow you for my screen. smiley tongue
You fit talk say, the whole of south-east develop pass Lagos.

Wake up from your slumber!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 10:12am On Jun 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Many times I hate coming to this site, many times I see myself coming back to see how wasted we are, how can a stranger, walk into your household and insult your parents, even if your parents are bad, no foreigner has rights to insult my leaders. For those who support this invasion by a ghanian, it will not be well with you all.

Dude what the noble prof is trying to say is "GET YOUR SHITE TOGETHER OH NIGERIA OR YOU SINK AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU BILLY BOY WOULD SINK WITH HER"

gl450: Ecc 10:16 Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child or a servant and when your officials feast in the morning!
Ecc 10:17 Happy (fortunate and to be envied) are you, O land, when your king is a free man and of noble birth and character and when your officials feast at the proper time--for strength and not for drunkenness!
Isa 32:8 But the noble, openhearted, and liberal man devises noble things; and he stands for what is noble, openhearted, and generous.

WAS ABOUT TO MAKE REFERENCES TO SCRIPTURE MYSELF! WELL SAID GL450. LEADERSHIP IS ALL ABOUT SACRIFICE AND VISION. GO READ 1ST SAMUEL 17 V 34. NOW THAT IS LEADERSHIP PERSONIFIED.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 10:15am On Jun 26, 2012
Billyonaire: On a second thought, Nairaland, after so many years of existence has 912293 members; not even up to 1 million, of the 167m people in Nigeria, I guess Nairaland will even lose more people because no one wants to stay here and see the folly going on here.....

Bye, bye. Make una start your own forum and grow it to 100 million in 2 months.

By the way, Nairaland gave you a VOICE.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by fesse(f): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

You said Selection, why didn't you come out so that Nigerians will select you? Are you not eligible for SELECTION? The prof. didn't criticize the government but rather insulted the person of Mr. President. What right does he have to do that? How many Nigerians both those in Ghana and Nigeria have insulted President Attah Mills or is he the best performing world president. Criticize but don't insult. How will he (Ghana Prof.) feel if one his students wakes up one morning to insult his person?

Patriotism can be defined as love of one's country, identification with it, and special concern for its well-being and that of compatriots. May be you are second class citizen of Nigeria for you to think that being patriotic is slavery. Nigeria is the most accommodating and Liberal Nation in Africa if not world over.

Nobody expects you to die in silent. Speak up the truth and your voice will be heard. Your father if well checked might be one of the contributors of the woes we are facing now. Live above hate. If you love your country, you will defend it any day, any time. A Ghanian no matter how placed does not worth to insult an Almajiri in Nigeria not to talk of the President of Great Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

It shows you don't know anything. What is the point in responding to you then.
Explain how seller is a producer in economics mr no-it-all? I know where you are headed but you are dead wrong!

You claim to be paying tax yet you don't know the percentage of Tax and other revenue generated by the government. And, you are quick to call me idi0t and that you pay VAT.

Stop making f00l of yourself!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by pauloman(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2012
fesse:

So what are you still waiting for, come and examine my head. Inferiority complex is a very bad thing to one's status. You are a big f00l for Falling and celebrating under the cheap propaganda of a foreigner. Grow up man and defend your home.

Defend what?! A failed system and state? Truth is bitter but has to be said ! Thank God the professor is a foreigner and not a Nigerian and ontop of that he does not even live in Ghana but in the western world and has earned his name in the international community as an renowned " African Reformist ". So his views and opinions are on the more objective side.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Biggyd2: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2012
This is the very "height of see-finishing"!!! Our government don expose us bad bad.

Yes, the man should not have called him names but I believe he still said the bitter truth. The Truth is always painful, so deal with it. Nigeria, Giant of Africa Indeed! It is more like the Comatose Giant -No thanks of course to the crop of politicians we have today. And no body should play the broken record that the present government met so many problems left by past leaders when they took the mantle of leadership, for me. Shall we then continue in sin that grace may abide? I believe that their manifesto told us that they were coming to cure many of these issues.

People claim that our leader is a nice person and will not intentionally harm Nigerians. We no go shopp bobo nice. And I believe that a man who can set his armed forces against unarmed protesting Nigerians can make tough decisions if required. And if he cant, he should please, chew some[i] livernut[/i] and take the bull by the horn.We want a LEADER that will feel the pulse of the people that he his leading. Let us have confidence in this leadership. We are tied of this promisee and promisor contract. Promise today and change date tomorrow. People are always told to be patient! Nigerians are veeerrrry patient people but the patience quotient is wearing thin. People will understand and be more tolerable of the gvernment if we are are ALL suffering together but it seems that there is a very big divide between the rulers and the ruled. How many people in Aso cave(not before they went in there though) understand things like power outage or no water or poor healthcare or poor healthcare e.t.c. When they have need for these and don't have them at their beck and call, do they have PATIENCE like the other Nigerians? Abegi, this country dey give me headache sometime.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Arosa(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2012
I'm scared! So it's required by the Nigerian constitution for the President to declare his assets? (he said I don't give a damn) cry cry cry
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

This data is on a per capita basis to aid comparison therefore the population difference is not an issue.

Just so we are on the same page... This is the definition of per Capita

Per capita income or average income or income per person is a measure of mean income within an economic aggregate, such as a country or city. It is calculated by taking a measure of all sources of income in the aggregate (such as GDP or Gross National Income) and dividing it by the total population. It does not attempt to reflect the distribution of income or wealth.

Again, doesnt this show that Nigeria is in a tighter corner having a higher population than Ghana
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Naijagunner83: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Imagine a sitting president telling us he even tried persuading the previous president to BREAK THE LAW of the land. What nonsense?
Our mad Ghanaian professor doesn't know that he's under obligation by the constitution of Nigeria to declare his assets to the CCB and that in line with the Freedom of Information Act (2011) signed into law by the President after many years of delay by previous administrations, any Nigerian can go to the CCB to acquire same. It is absolutely pathetic that some Nigerians have towed this puerile, ignorant and malevolent line of "lack of thought"
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2012
Delafruita:
it isnt in the beauty of the airport,its in the safety of travel.ever wonder why planes that crash in ghana originated from nigeria?

Again...

Every plane that crashes Originated from somewhere... And if Ghana doesnt have plane Crashes, its because they barely have any local flights to these reclusive aerodromes and the flights are not even more than once a day.. and in some cases twice a week.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by redsun(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2012
pdozie:

If the professor is not silly, he wouldn't be ridiculing a president of another country the way he did. in any case I DISAGREE whole heartedly with all his points. The above analysis from Mekusnwa is simply one of the best!!

Believe it or not, GEJ may seem to be slow in making things happen but he is definitley not stupid. The mess created in this country will take years to clean so allow him! Moreso, many people both within & outside the governemnt are bent on sabotaging his efforts. Come on!!!

Learned africans dont see the problem of africa on country basis,rather they see africa as a continent in ruin,ruled by rogues like gej. Oyinbos over here dont see us ghaneans or nigerians but as backward africans.

Gej,like the rest of nigerian ruling elite is trully clueless and helpless.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Uchewsk(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2012
All of u talkin rubbish r all fools nd illiterates.did u even watch d interview or did u jst read dis nonsense nd jump 2 conclusions.....pls try nd understand english nd knw dat insanity is d bst defence 4 a tricky question...i luv Gej
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

Bye, bye. Make una start your own forum and grow it to 100 million in 2 months.

By the way, Nairaland gave you a VOICE.
What I am saying and my context is, your opinion doesn't count....
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2012
Even at PPP the gap between both countries is not so much, Nigeria is $2,600 while Ghana is $3,100. Yet, Ghana growth rate is 13.5% against Nigeria 6.9%

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Maryam Abacha Celebrates Her 70th Birthday With Family In New York (Photos) / Anambra Governorship Election Debate Result: Performance Rating By Channels TV / Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.