Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,348 members, 7,947,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? (7678 Views)

Stowaway Dies On Arik Flight In Lagos / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by Rastamann: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2012
My advice to travellers is always to carry a small sling bag where they can throw in all their small stuff... and put away large items inside your overhead luggage

You are correct. Though stealing is bad but we need to be more careful and take precautions. Mr Poster should have taken good care of his Ipad as anyone including passengers could have taken the item.
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by Rastamann: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2012
wel, i av my own experience to share with u guys as wel.... I left toronto(canada) via klm airline, with vital documents and 5000 canadian dollar in my wallet all packed in my school bag, coming home to spend the summer break with my lovely parents and friends who were all eager to see me... So we had a stop over at osaka int'l airport , Amsterdam.. From there we were supposed to connect to my mother's land, but our flight was delayed for 2 hours... So we had no choice than to hang around .. So, i met this pretty lady who introduced herself as belinda, she was coming all the way from new york, so we started chatting... Mehn! It was fun, she was just natural the way she spoke, her look ,so i was moved.. In fact, the way we were talking was like we new each other somewhere, somehow, before.... So after about an hour of conversing , I excused myself to use the toilet with my bag in her care, since i believed we were going home together, so it wasnt hard for me to hand over my bag to her.. I came back and she handed it back over to me... So we checked in for our next flight.. My seat was far away from linda's seat, so there was no waty we could continue chatting.. I was so bored throughout the following 6 hours... We arrived safely and you know now, was so excited to meet my parents... I checked out and saw belinda running to meet her mum... I didnt want to let go off her that way, so i walked up to her and collected her cell phone no, both that of U.S and Nigeria and left her with her mum, while i left with my family.. When i got home, i unpacked my luggage and gave out the items i bought... Everybody was happy to see me.. A very happy day later turnd out to be a sad and an unforgetable one indeed, was when i checked my wallet and my 5000 dollar was nowhere to be found, it looked like film trick... I began to ask everbody at home and nobody claimed to have taken it.. My dad and I ran back to the airport, requested for emergency search... We were dere for the next 2 hours when i decided to call belinda to ask her if she saw my wallet... The next thing i heard is 'the number you are trying to call does not exist' ... Frnds! Til today, cant find my 5000 dollar and cannot reach belinda. My holiday turned out 2 be a rili sad one..I had to cut my break from a month down to 2 weeks. Tank God for my dad..Was it my fault to entrust my bag wit belinda?

wetin you dey look for - free pussy abi? Next time be more careful with who you leave your valuables with especially at the airport or market place.
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by drnoel: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2012
tunapawizzy:
Gracious God, u saw d guy dt picked d purse yet u dint voice out and its people like u that will first castigate security agencies dt dey cnt contain crime. Wen dey say all dese criminals live amongst us n dt we should be vigilant n report any suspicion to security agencies, this is wt dey r talking bout. As fr as m concerned u indirectly aided theft in dt case.

Na so, I hear u. U must be one of those people that just talk b4 they think. A couple of people must have also seen the guy take the stuff. Remember I said i was infront, the guy also had people behind him so am sure I wasn´t the only one that saw him. But as nigerians (which is very bad of us) no one spoke. Everyone passed the couple by as they were complaining to the airline officials and no one spoke. Abeg, I kept my mouth shout period (am not happy I did that, but I did).
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by blacklion(m): 9:01am On Jun 27, 2012
begwong:
but u 've got tym to post a reply!
must u read all?
just lukin @ d topic;u could as well just say yes or b amongst d passersby!

No mind am! Any wonder the standard of education in Nigeria is declining with his types that can only read Twitter and BBM messages. I'm sure he's never read a book or magazine in his entire life outside of prescribed textbooks or prosperity Pentecostal stuff.
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by nwanioma(f): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2012
Nugwax:

Isn't it ironic/funny that there is an Arik Air advert banner on his site?

Haven't you heard of google ads??
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by nwanioma(f): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2012
Spirit of Okija: This is a question of integrity amongst Nigerians and humans in general..

My story isnt about Arik or Airlines but about Silverbird Cinema (Port-Harcourt)..
The Cinema attendants have found a new way to enrich themselves off of other peoples misplaced properties.. I guess its a case of 'Finders Keepers, loosers weepers'.. Well heres how my experience goes..

My fiance and I went to see the Avengers movie and actually enjoyed the movie.. After the movie, we normally like to stay back and play a little kissy-smoochie.. Anyways, while we were sitted there, the hall had emptied out and the credits were still rolling.. Next thing we saw were two guys armed with torchlights run into the hall.. (remember that the lights were still out in the hall) and started a row by row sweep for valuables that may have been left behind by Cinema goers.. Immediately I saw this, I tapped my partner and we sat still until there sweep got to where we were sitted. Now the way they were in a hurry to do the sweep showed that they were intent on keeping their finds as it appeared like a race of 'first find, first keep'.. Anyways, when they saw us, they were shocked... So we made our way out of the cinema and into the general hall.. Just before we left, I decided to buy some chocolates from the popcorn stand.. While there I placed my Blackberry phone on the counter to fetch my wallet from my pocket.. I paid, walked out and went straight into my car.. I had started my engines and needed my phone to play some music when I realized that I had left it on the counter were I bought the popcorn.. IMMEDIATELY, I made a run for it back into the cinema. As i approached the counter, I had already spotted my phone still there.. NEXT THING, I saw this attendant (in Silverbird uniform) walk briskly past my eye line with my phone and my phone disappeared from the counter... I was like DARN!!!!!!!! That was hoodini style movement.. He didnt even miss a beat or hesitate.. SO I slowed down and followed him.. As soon as I saw him heading for the toilet, I called him and said he should please give me my phone.. The shocking part was that he denied having it.. I just pulled out my other phone and dialled the number and it rang in his pocket.. He just handed it to me with a half-baked apology and walked away..

NO PUNCH??
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by madjune(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
AERO CONTRACTORS IS THE WORST. I HAVE LOST THINGS THERE.
Re: Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? by joinnow: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
Yep. Arik Wahala
When I was returning from Kotoko Airport (Ghana) on getting to Lagos Airport I notice my luggage has rough handle. I did a check find out some thing has got missing. (Perfume ang car freshner)in cellephone bag dissappear just like that.
But note its not perculiar to Nigeria only It does happen even in develop country.
My Boss once advise me to remove laptop,camera etc from my Luggage and put them in my hand carry bag.when I was travelling to Belgium. Reason why most Airport has plastic sealling machine to seal your bags.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Student In Kyrgyzstan / Top 10 Longest And Straightest Highways In The World(Photos). / Air Traffic School: Akwa Ibom State Partners Nigerian Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.