Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,668 members, 7,889,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! (2706 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member / Aliyu Apologises To Mark Over Unruly Conduct Of Niger Lawmaker, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Chyz2: 5:04am On Jun 27, 2012
[size=18pt]ACF, Yakasai hit Mark over comment[/size]

By Tony Akowe, Kaduna From Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 3 hours 43 minutes ago

Senate Presdient David Mark came under attack from the North yesterday over his comments on the activities of militant sect Boko Haram.

Mark, speaking at the opening session of the Senate retreat in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital on Monday urged North leaders to rein in the sect members. He also said the insurgency of the sect could lead to Nigeria, split, if unchecked

But the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), activist Shehu Sani and elder stateman Tanko Yakassai attacked his position.

The ACF said North’s leaders are doing their best to stop the sect, wondering why they were being criticised by Mark.

National Publicity Secretary of the Forum, Mr Anthony Sani, told The Nation in an interview that Northern leaders including former President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar have all condemned the bombings while appealing to government to do something drastic to bring the situation under control.

The ACF spokesman said: “Is David Mark not from the North? Is he not part of the Northern leaders? Why is he talking like that? If you talk about the country breaking up, in what direction is this going to take?

“What are we supposed to do as Northern leaders that we have not done besides condemning the act of bombings? We have asked the government to go and negotiate with these people. Where ever those people are, it is the responsibility of the government to find them and engage them.

“They used force on the group in 2009 when Jonathan was not there. They killed their leader and many of their members and that did not solve the problem. We do not think that the use of force will solve the problem now.

“The government has the capacity to engage these people, get them where ever they are. I think that is what should be done at this stage instead of government passing the bulk. Mark is part of the North and is one of the leaders of the North and there is no reason for him to speak that way”.

Yakasai called for the resignation of the Senate President, who he said, was inciting the disintegration of Nigeria.

Yakasai, who spoke to reporters in Kano yesterday, argued that the statement credited to the Senate President, “means he doesn’t believe in the future of the country and demonstrates that he is not qualified to hold his current position.”

Yakassai, argued that out of the 774 local governments in Nigeria, only 18 local governments are affected by the Boko Haram menace, pointing out that the Senate President was ignorant of the security challenges facing the nation in recent times.

In his words, “the Boko Haram insurgency is only affecting 18 local governments in Nigeria out of over 700 local governments I can say 700 are free from this disturbances. Therefore, the statement credited to Mark is a betrayal of his lack of grasp of the actual situation in the country. Majority of Nigerians are going about their usual businesses without any hindrance.”

Describing the Senate President’s remark as unguided and inflammatory, Yakassai wondered why a person of his calibre, occupying number three position in the country could display such “unpatriotic” the characteristic.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51810-acf-yakasai-hit-mark-over-comment.html
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Onlytruth(m): 5:12am On Jun 27, 2012
Chyz*:
[size=18pt]ACF, Yakasai hit Mark over comment[/size]

By Tony Akowe, Kaduna From Kolade Adeyemi, Kano 3 hours 43 minutes ago

Senate Presdient David Mark came under attack from the North yesterday over his comments on the activities of militant sect Boko Haram.

Mark, speaking at the opening session of the Senate retreat in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital on Monday urged North leaders to rein in the sect members. He also said the insurgency of the sect could lead to Nigeria, split, if unchecked

But the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), activist Shehu Sani and elder stateman Tanko Yakassai attacked his position.

The ACF said North’s leaders are doing their best to stop the sect, wondering why they were being criticised by Mark.

National Publicity Secretary of the Forum, Mr Anthony Sani, told The Nation in an interview that Northern leaders including former President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar have all condemned the bombings while appealing to government to do something drastic to bring the situation under control.

The ACF spokesman said: “[size=14pt]Is David Mark not from the North? Is he not part of the Northern leaders[/size]? Why is he talking like that? If you talk about the country breaking up, in what direction is this going to take?

“What are we supposed to do as Northern leaders that we have not done besides condemning the act of bombings? We have asked the government to go and negotiate with these people. Where ever those people are, it is the responsibility of the government to find them and engage them.

“They used force on the group in 2009 when Jonathan was not there. They killed their leader and many of their members and that did not solve the problem. We do not think that the use of force will solve the problem now.

“The government has the capacity to engage these people, get them where ever they are. I think that is what should be done at this stage instead of government passing the bulk. [size=14pt]Mark is part of the North and is one of the leaders of the North and there is no reason for him to speak that way[/size]”.

Yakasai called for the resignation of the Senate President, who he said, was inciting the disintegration of Nigeria.

Yakasai, who spoke to reporters in Kano yesterday, argued that the statement credited to the Senate President, “means he doesn’t believe in the future of the country and demonstrates that he is not qualified to hold his current position.”

Yakassai, argued that out of the 774 local governments in Nigeria, only 18 local governments are affected by the Boko Haram menace, pointing out that the Senate President was ignorant of the security challenges facing the nation in recent times.

In his words, “the Boko Haram insurgency is only affecting 18 local governments in Nigeria out of over 700 local governments I can say 700 are free from this disturbances. Therefore, the statement credited to Mark is a betrayal of his lack of grasp of the actual situation in the country. Majority of Nigerians are going about their usual businesses without any hindrance.”

Describing the Senate President’s remark as unguided and inflammatory, Yakassai wondered why a person of his calibre, occupying number three position in the country could display such “unpatriotic” the characteristic.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51810-acf-yakasai-hit-mark-over-comment.html

The Core North gets rattled to the core.
Mark's point is that by implication he is not from the North.
Never thought I'd see a day like this. Oh God my father, may your name be gloried. cool

Nigeria's problem is about to be solved.
Power MUST NOT return to the North in 2015 under any guise. We need to defeat "born to rule" and religious and feudalistic chauvinism in Nigeria. Only then would true peace come. cool

1 Like

Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by DuduNegro: 5:19am On Jun 27, 2012
I think if the moderators make it a policy that nobody should bring an article for post unless it is meant to open a dialogue, it will help sanitize some of the madness we have on this forum. In addition, the OP must also be the first presenter of viewpoint/analysis on the opened topic.

Chyz, give us what you think of this article you presented. How do you see it and how does it shape the national politics?
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by DuduNegro: 5:22am On Jun 27, 2012
Eze Onlytruth,

"Oh God my father" has nothing to do with this political drama. Present a analysis of the article please.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Onlytruth(m): 5:38am On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Eze Onlytruth,

"Oh God my father" has nothing to do with this political drama. Present a analysis of the article please.

Don't be scared of God. I like to glorify him at critical times. cool

Okay my analysis.

David Mark is reading the tea leaves accurately. Of course he may also be positioning himself as the compromise candidate for 2015. His main huddle is that SE also wants that position anytime Jonathan leaves. His other huddle is that the whole south is not prepared to allow power to go up North so soon in light of the Boko issue.
Nigeria is actually facing a possible disintegration if the North insist on getting the presidency in 2015.
The only sensible thing for the North is to wait for at least 12 years from now. It will not kill them; infact it will even save the North from destruction. Some of the southern candidates that may succeed Jonathan actually are more competent than Northern candidates, and will likely help the North more than a Northern person. Something tells me that the North knows this fact, but is only attempting the "last kick of a dying horse" through Boko Haram.

If Nigeria should disintegrate, Mark is saying that his people will not go with the core North. That to me is the bottom line issue, and I think that is what ACF and Yakassai are fretting/shouting about. Igbo say that a toad does not run in the daytime for no good reason. cool
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by DuduNegro: 6:18am On Jun 27, 2012
Eze, That's a good view you presented. I have questions for you.

1. From your quote,
Some of the southern candidates that may succeed Jonathan actually are more competent than Northern candidates, and will likely help the North more than a Northern person.

Wasn't this the same script used to bring Jonathan in. . . that he was an academician and well educated and competent than other party candidates? We need to create a new check list for candidature and on top of that list we need to start demanding accountability upfront. "What have you done", instead of "what do you know"! So using this for background, these "Southern candidates" that have comeptencies, who are they and what have they accomplished? Give us just top five.

2. From this quote,
If Nigeria should disintegrate, Mark is saying that his people will not go with the core North. That to me is the bottom line issue, and I think that is what ACF and Yakassai are fretting/shouting about.

What if Nigeria does not integrate, they remain attached to core North? Never mind that the core North has vehemently declared war on the Davids, Anthonys, Michaels, Johns, Peters, Pauls, Theresas, Deborahs and all other Christians in the North and continue to discriminate against then in the Northern land they are supposed to co-own.

ACF and Yakassai only need these people for the political adavantage and tactical buffer upward from South.

To me, ACF and Yakassai did not fret. Here is what I see. . . .

The six geopolitical zoning is a decoy to further disenfranchize the South. It is a scam! ACF called IBB a Northerner and challenged Mark if he did not consider himself a Northerner, inspite everyone know these people are in a different geo zone with a different majority bloc (religious and cultural). The statement by ACF and Yakassai is analogous to MASSOB saying SS zone and its political aspirations will be directed from the East.

While in South we attach ourselves to SW, SS and SE. . . .in the North, everything is business as usual. So tell me again that Southern politicians are more competent than Northeners. As far as geo zones. . . the South need to return to business as usual.

My last observation is on the calculation that out of 774 LGs, only 18 are affected. This is a very silly remark from Yakassai and his ACF. The numerical value is abstract and vague in terms of any useful statistical comparison to measure the devastation to the population. These "only 18 LGs", in terms of land mass, how vast is their coverage? We are talking about local governments as big the size of Southern states.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Ogahtech(m): 6:42am On Jun 27, 2012
Certainly, is a clear statement by yakasai. I beleive everyone should be able to understand. If mark could go to the east and accused northern leaders of been reluctant on boko haram issue. While by rules of democracy, mark is the number 2 leader of the north after vice president sambo. This is a clear indication of betrayal from mark. Just like the way judas betrayed jesus christ.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Tsmooth1(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2012
I think northern leaders should bury their head in sand and be ashamed of theirself because to me they are the root of the whole problem in North.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Murphy7h4: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2012
Good point
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Onlytruth(m): 9:24am On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Eze, That's a good view you presented. I have questions for you.

1. From your quote,

Wasn't this the same script used to bring Jonathan in. . . that he was an academician and well educated and competent than other party candidates? We need to create a new check list for candidature and on top of that list we need to start demanding accountability upfront. "What have you done", instead of "what do you know"! So using this for background, these "Southern candidates" that have comeptencies, who are they and what have they accomplished? Give us just top five.

2. From this quote,

What if Nigeria does not integrate, they remain attached to core North? Never mind that the core North has vehemently declared war on the Davids, Anthonys, Michaels, Johns, Peters, Pauls, Theresas, Deborahs and all other Christians in the North and continue to discriminate against then in the Northern land they are supposed to co-own.

ACF and Yakassai only need these people for the political adavantage and tactical buffer upward from South.

To me, ACF and Yakassai did not fret. Here is what I see. . . .

The six geopolitical zoning is a decoy to further disenfranchize the South. It is a scam! ACF called IBB a Northerner and challenged Mark if he did not consider himself a Northerner, inspite everyone know these people are in a different geo zone with a different majority bloc (religious and cultural). The statement by ACF and Yakassai is analogous to MASSOB saying SS zone and its political aspirations will be directed from the East.

While in South we attach ourselves to SW, SS and SE. . . .in the North, everything is business as usual. So tell me again that Southern politicians are more competent than Northeners. As far as geo zones. . . the South need to return to business as usual.

My last observation is on the calculation that out of 774 LGs, only 18 are affected. This is a very silly remark from Yakassai and his ACF. The numerical value is abstract and vague in terms of any useful statistical comparison to measure the devastation to the population. These "only 18 LGs", in terms of land mass, how vast is their coverage? We are talking about local governments as big the size of Southern states.

What you stated in the bolded words are well known facts. Honestly, I am more optimistic about a southern political renaissance now than ever, because at least the president is still in the south, even if you don't like the holder of the office, it is easier to retain it in the south now, as long as Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not enter into any political alliance with Buhari/core North in 2015. Never forget that there is a history of political betrayals in the south which makes our moving together always a sticky issue as you noted. It is almost like a curse!
For me, I pray that the SS/SE continues to move together in 2015, and hope that the SW joins us, or we join SW, either way. I personally think that the whole south should support an Igbo candidate whenever Jonathan leaves. If that ever happens, then the South will rise for ever in Nigeria because all civil war-induced suspicions/grudges would die a natural death. I personally don't think it is that hard to heal our civil war wounds. The North is using it to keep the South divided so that it can continue to rule us. One of the biggest victory against Northern schemes in Nigeria political history was when we Igbo voted massively to make Jonathan president. The North is yet to recover from that political knock out. cool
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by ballabriggs: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2012
David Mark's statement is an attempt to deny responsibility. One is not amazed as Mark has always been very irresponsible. Remember the "telephone is not for the poor statement".

If Mark and Sambo the number 3 and 2 citizens respectively cannot sway the North in the direction of peace then they should leave that place. However, we know the truth. Boko Haram is a creation of the evil gang called the PDP. Thus there is very low interest in putting an end to the death of our citizens. Mark's statement is a desperate attempt to shift focus on the core issues by passing the buck. If Sambo and Mark do not consider themselves fit enough to solve the issue then they need to have their heads examined.

Secondly, Mark's statement on "17 virgins" portrays him as such a bigot. It is disgusting and not one expected from the Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Such statements is indeed what breeds religious tension, hate, xenophobia and racism. At this critical time in our nationhood one would expect such high ranking officials to be cautious when making remarks on the religion of others. It is a no no for an ordinary citizen to speak on the religion of others in such a manner and we have the Senate President doing the same. Well one is not surprise, Mark has never failed in being irresponsible since the IBB days. I won't be naive to believe there is a new being in him.

1 Like

Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by inspirenet: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Murphy7h4: Good point
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by DuduNegro: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
Onlytruth:

What you stated in the bolded words are well known facts. Honestly, I am more optimistic about a southern political renaissance now than ever, because at least the president is still in the south, even if you don't like the holder of the office, it is easier to retain it in the south now, as long as Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not enter into any political alliance with Buhari/core North in 2015. Never forget that there is a history of political betrayals in the south which makes our moving together always a sticky issue as you noted. It is almost like a curse!
For me, I pray that the SS/SE continues to move together in 2015, and hope that the SW joins us, or we join SW, either way. I personally think that the whole south should support an Igbo candidate whenever Jonathan leaves. If that ever happens, then the South will rise for ever in Nigeria because all civil war-induced suspicions/grudges would die a natural death. I personally don't think it is that hard to heal our civil war wounds. The North is using it to keep the South divided so that it can continue to rule us. One of the biggest victory against Northern schemes in Nigeria political history was when we Igbo voted massively to make Jonathan president. The North is yet to recover from that political knock out. cool

I am against a Southern sovereignty. SS has lost its political virginity and tasted power and they now act and behave typical of a newly dis-virgined young woman in her new found power over men; deliriously intoxicated and mischievious. The only way West should form any merger and cohabit in Southern nationality is if SE will regain its authority and power over SS and there exist just West and East.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Beaf: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I am against a Southern sovereignty. SS has lost its political virginity and tasted power and they now act and behave typical of a newly dis-virgined young woman in her new found power over men; deliriously intoxicated and mischievious. The only way West should form any merger and cohabit in Southern nationality is if SE will regain its authority and power over SS and there exist just West and East.

What an irrelevant dunce!

Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Chyz2: 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

You're funny
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
g
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by DuDelignc: 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is not the first time David Mark has played "Judas". His very first public service of note was an appointment as Governor of Niger State by none other than Buhari. Yet, at the end of the day, the same David Mark worked as foot soldier for Babangida to overthrow Buhari. So, nothing new here.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Dumdum217(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
These northern dudes must be high on some expired 'nunu' whhaat?dat they hav askd d federal goverment 2 go nd nd meet d boko haram wia dey are and start beggin/apologising/negociate wit dem.if i may ask dem hav dey shown 2 d govt wia doz bokos are?mtsseew! sombody shuld help me wit dese men's addres i nid 2 pay dem special visit
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
f
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by SamIkenna: 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Negro, you need to let the sleeping dog lie. By sleeping dog I mean your bolded. Every man has the right to determine his destiny so to that end I say - let people in SS choose, exist, allign, relate etc, as they deem fit. The survival of SE or SW does not and will never hinge on SS.

Its like you're sending SE on land-grab warfare. Even if that were to be the case, dont you think SW should also initiate their own expansion into Edo and Delta? My brother, like I said earlier - let the sleeping dog enjoy her sleep. SS and SE will always be friends, brothers, and neighbors just as, I hope I'm not wrong, SW will always be Friends with SS/SE.

We dont need to regain anything 'cause we're already whole. If only you looked carefully you would've noticed our long, arduous, and often - lonely walk to strength, power, wealth, destiny and lastly, re-establishment of a 40 year broken bond with our friends and brothers in the SS. We did this from the ashes of a bitter civil war that hadly left a tree standing in the Eastern heartland.

We're wise and magnanimous enough to let SS be without seeking for any expansion of any kind. If its natural that we'll come together under the banner of old East then so be it, but if not - we're still just fine. This is Nigeria, everyone is wiser and "sophisticated" now to bail the cat - meaning - we'll all (the south) defeat our enemy together and live or we'll play dead and let him sodomize us as many times as satisfy his dark desires.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by ikeyman00(m): 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
@@@@

yes as long as they no dey eye those igbo properties for lagos lipsrsealed

we can sense some bitterness! lipsrsealed
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 12:00am On Jun 28, 2012
that is
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by SamIkenna: 12:18am On Jun 28, 2012
musiwa1: Sam_Ikenna, who created the south south. Asari dokubo. you make me laugh. On people land..

Why do you think Ojukwu did not claim delta state as biafra.

Itsekiri land is nearly half of delta state.

that is Itseriki.. is that not Yoruba. The correct word for God in Yorubaland is Orise. Not Oluwa. it was during the written of the bible , that I think Bishop ajayi crowther was the one who change the word God from Orise to Oluwa. If you look at Older Yoruba people, their names are Orisebunmi etc. Nobody was bearing Oluwabunmi or Oluwakemi.. All yorubas use to bear Orisebunmi, Orisewale, Orisedayo, Oriseyomi etc.. Nobody bear Oluwa anything. It is christain who change it from Orise to Oluwa..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-4mKmCF9s3R8/TWlqau-hfsI/AAAAAAAAAFs/cDcnwjk6SSk/s1600/Crowther_Bishop_Samuel_Ajayi2.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixMAuueTtSo&feature=relmfu

Brother, I always enjoy your company but I'm kind of lost as what the disagreement is between us.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 12:37am On Jun 28, 2012
d
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 12:40am On Jun 28, 2012
d
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by SamIkenna: 12:42am On Jun 28, 2012
musiwa1: This is the olu of warri.. Is name is Seju Emiko, the one before him as Olu of warri. His name is Ayo emiko.(yoruba name)

I dont think Delta people'll appreciate you slicing and dicing them.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 28, 2012
Musiwa, stop posting graphic pictures of victimized children. It does not serve any good interest.

Remove the ones you have posted!
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Murphy7h4: 1:16am On Jun 28, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by musiwa1: 2:43am On Jun 28, 2012
d
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by DuduNegro: 5:33am On Jun 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Negro, you need to let the sleeping dog lie. By sleeping dog I mean your bolded. Every man has the right to determine his destiny so to that end I say - let people in SS choose, exist, allign, relate etc, as they deem fit. The survival of SE or SW does not and will never hinge on SS.

Its like you're sending SE on land-grab warfare. Even if that were to be the case, dont you think SW should also initiate their own expansion into Edo and Delta? My brother, like I said earlier - let the sleeping dog enjoy her sleep. SS and SE will always be friends, brothers, and neighbors just as, I hope I'm not wrong, SW will always be Friends with SS/SE.

We dont need to regain anything 'cause we're already whole. If only you looked carefully you would've noticed our long, arduous, and often - lonely walk to strength, power, wealth, destiny and lastly, re-establishment of a 40 year broken bond with our friends and brothers in the SS. We did this from the ashes of a bitter civil war that hadly left a tree standing in the Eastern heartland.

We're wise and magnanimous enough to let SS be without seeking for any expansion of any kind. If its natural that we'll come together under the banner of old East then so be it, but if not - we're still just fine. This is Nigeria, everyone is wiser and "sophisticated" now to bail the cat - meaning - we'll all (the south) defeat our enemy together and live or we'll play dead and let him sodomize us as many times as satisfy his dark desires.

Sam,

The sleeping dog message is more appropriate for your Eze.

As many times and as frequently that Yorubas have said we stand alone and with nobody, it is amazing to know that Eze is still nursing the wish and ideal of a new Yoruba/Igbo sovereignty.

It is indeed impossible to push a camel through the eye of a needle. It is almost equally as hard for SE to wrap SE under its wing of domination as it once did, but I should not put it past you to try. So my response to Eze was a message that should you succeed in achieving such a unachievable feat, then you have earned Yoruba respect and we will be glad to form a union with you and be countrymen with you in a common-front Southern sovereignty.

West has endured many unnecessary provocations from East and fortunately by act of providence they all backfired and became liabilities in your own backyard. It is naive for us to hope on providence always coming to our aid, we must anticipate and reject all moves and calls for closeness. In carving out Midwest from West the reason Igbos gave was that Edo elders wanted their ties to West severed. Well Edo state and Delta state are the products of Midwestern state of old. Today, Edo is fine and dandy by itself and were Nigeria to divide tomorrow I am sure they would be happy to remain independent and under no one. For Delta, it is a different story. Itsekiri people, whose land extend from border with Ondo to Warri, never in their history deny their Yoruba blood and ethnicity and so they are with us and we are with them and in the division of Nigeria we will bring them with us just as you hope to take Anioma with you.

I vehemently disagree that a joint Southern coalition is needed to defeat the North. Yoruba see North differently than Igbo see North.
Re: ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! by Elueme: 6:46am On Jun 28, 2012
This Yakassai guy is not reasoning at all if I should judge by his comments.. Attempting to deny the obvious wouldn't change the reality that the core north has lost it and no sensible politician from the middle belt will depend on them after many years of using them(middle beltans) to achieve political gains only, abandoning them until another issue comes up. Thank God for Obasanjo who broke the Carmel's back after 1999 by opening their eyes to see the wickedness of core northerners.. As for negotiating with BH, I SMH, dis Yakassai guy should be monitored closely for possible involvement o or sponsorship.. My advise for the few in the core north who think they can grab power by Boko tactics, the biggest shocker awaits you and you ll be consumed by your own antics.. As for this chauvinistic, ethnic and parochialism displayed by NEgro, let me inform you that GEJ 1 yr rule has made more meaning than over 35 yrs rule of core northerners combined except Yar Adua whom I know would have performed..... GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD THAT MIDDLE BELTANS HAVE THEIR POLITICAL AUTONOMY AND GONE ARE THE DAYS YOU THINK YOU CAN POOL THE WOOLS ON THEIR EYES

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Senators Allowances Revealed / If I’m Shot Today. It’s The Police Acting On Orders From Presidency’ – Amaechi T / If Pa Buhari Is Not Dead Apc Should Provide Him So Nigerians Can See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.