Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,427 members, 7,881,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? (1100 Views)

2012 BULLET PROOF MERCEDES BENZ G65 AMG STRECH LIMO ASKING FOR N100M / PRE-ORDER RE-DEFINED*****30% UPFRONT*****COMMITMENT IS ALL WE NEED. / Used Car Dealers Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by rully2: 11:28am On Jun 27, 2012
My good people of NL. Plss I need to make inquiry on a development I find rather disturbing and I'm wondering if its just me or anyone else here has encountered such.

Recently I have been looking to buy a car and I threaded into Google Trade site. Yes I came across some good cars but what is baffling is that most of the contacts I called are either asking for money to be paid to an account number to either clear the car from customs or money to transport the car to my destination.

I have not done any such thing of transferring money to an account o..but I want to know, are these people genuine dealers? Is it a normal transaction to be asking for money to clear a car or transport it to my destination??

PLS and PLS your knowledge and contributions would be of immense help. Thanks
Re: Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:53am On Jun 27, 2012
rully2: My good people of NL. Plss I need to make inquiry on a development I find rather disturbing and I'm wondering if its just me or anyone else here has encountered such.

Recently I have been looking to buy a car and I threaded into Google Trade site. Yes I came across some good cars but what is baffling is that most of the contacts I called are either asking for money to be paid to an account number to either clear the car from customs or money to transport the car to my destination.

I have not done any such thing of transferring money to an account o..but I want to know, are these people genuine dealers? Is it a normal transaction to be asking for money to clear a car or transport it to my destination??

PLS and PLS your knowledge and contributions would be of immense help. Thanks

Nairaland has several cases of Dealers taking your money as agreed on their adverts and milking you for more in other unexplained charges - eventually when you get the car you have paid a fortune for, it is not worth the value you paid for it and has soo many problems you will live the rest of your year regreting why you did.

Never pay a Car Dealer you do not know or has not been revealed on Nairaland as a Honest Dealer or has not signed an official document or contract with terms of payment and penalties for default.

The internet provides a great cover for fraud
Re: Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by rully2: 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Nairaland has several cases of Dealers taking your money as agreed on their adverts and milking you for more in other unexplained charges - eventually when you get the car you have paid a fortune for, it is not worth the value you paid for it and has soo many problems you will live the rest of your year regreting why you did.

Never pay a Car Dealer you do not know or has not been revealed on Nairaland as a Honest Dealer or has not signed an official document or contract with terms of payment and penalties for default.

The internet provides a great cover for fraud

Thanks. Your response was helpful
Re: Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by walebilewu: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
My brother,this is another scam of the century and don't be deceived by their promises.The question is that how can you pay for a car you have not seen and they tell you they will deliver it to your doorstep?If you look very well you will discover that their cars are very cheap.e.g 2007 accord DC going for 300k,isn't that ridiculous?,even stolen cars are not that cheap.that is to tell you it is complete scam.shine ya eyes.Genuine dealers will ask you to come and inspect before you pay.that's the rule of the game.
Re: Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by rully2: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thank you very much o!! Yes it is very ridiculous..and imagine one even had the guts to ask for payment for pictures to be sent..haba!!!

Its alarming the rate at which Nigerians are now going to scam people.
Re: Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by femmy2010(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
rully2: Thank you very much o!! Yes it is very ridiculous..and imagine one even had the guts to ask for payment for pictures to be sent..haba!!!

Its alarming the rate at which Nigerians are now going to scam people.

Yes there exist many scam artist using varying ways to drain many unsuspecting buyers of their hard earned funds but it would equally be wrong to term all upfront payment /pre - ordering arrangement as scam.
Re: Car Dealers Asking For Money Upfront!! Is It Real Or Scam? by rully2: 9:13am On Jun 30, 2012
@femi2010:I do a lot of online purchases that includes pre-ordering and all that, but that's with trusted sites with valid company/office addresses. So how will I be able to tell which is genuine?? Particularly with buying a car?

(1) (Reply)

Superclean 2008/09 Full Optioned Honda Accord @ Incredible Rates 08077998802 / 2003 Infiniti Fx45 Awd For 2.8m: UNDER OFFER / 2007 Honda Accord Superclean Up 4grabs @ Give Away 08186921703

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.