Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,206 members, 7,947,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

How To Prepare Bangar Soup. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Bangar Soup. (2232 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / How To Prepare Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Bangar Soup. by Otirhue12(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hi frends, hw re u doing? Kkkk.
Bangar soup remains the favourite dish of the Niger Delta, most especially the Urhobo and Isoko that is, Southern part of Nigerian. And that is why, I am taking my time to explain how it is prepared. Lets start with the Ingredients.
INGREDIENTS: washed bitter leaf or dried one, Bangar(palm fruits ) as wanted, fresh fish or dried fresh crayfish, pepper( grind) salt to taste, maggi, watet, onions, shrimps( big crayfish) okro or melon( optional)
METHODS
Boil the bangar(palm fruits ) till tender or soft. Mash(pound) in a mortar or any countainer, real spealing to extract or squeze the Oil from the fibres. Wash the dry fish or fresh and add to the boiling liquid.
Add the ingredients. Salt, crayfish, pepper and bitter leave and allow to cook. Some do add melon or okro, It depends on how you want to cook it. Allow to cook for some minutes, add more salt to taste, maggi and onions, allow to cook until the Oil flows out to a better taste and thick.
Kkkk. Join me on facebook; Otirhue Austin or Email me : Otirhueaustin@gmail.com
U re Gratecheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Bangar Soup. by Recoverd(f): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
abeg, where you learn your own? Lol
Re: How To Prepare Bangar Soup. by bece: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2012
Wot of all the spices?
Re: How To Prepare Bangar Soup. by Recoverd(f): 3:17am On Sep 04, 2012
dnt mind him, he knows nothing about making banga soup.

(1) (Reply)

Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas For Children / Healthy Full English Breakfast / Bucket Of Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.