Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,164 members, 7,950,016 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Biblically Is A Sin To Marry More Than One Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Biblically Is A Sin To Marry More Than One Wife (956 Views)

"Men Should Marry More Than One Wife!" - Kenyan MP's Solution to Prostitution / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblically Is A Sin To Marry More Than One Wife by oye1212(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
One of friend want to marry a second wife and he is a xtian but I challenge him dat biblical is nt good but tell me that David, Solomon, Jacob married more than one,Pls I need yr advice for him
lipsrsealed
Re: Biblically Is A Sin To Marry More Than One Wife by tiebe: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
in truth, its hard to find a way to explain or say where its written. there's no where its expressly written that a man can only marry one wife. however, there's a part of the bible that says a man shall leave his family and cleave to his wife and the 2 shall become one. some people like to argue that he can be one with as many women as he wants. but i think that argument is only for people who wanna marry more than one at all cost.
Re: Biblically Is A Sin To Marry More Than One Wife by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 30, 2012
@OP
You only have to read the bible to understand that manads ell respected men of that era had multiple wives and God didn't look down on them or the practice........... So we are safe to say that the bible is NOT against polygamy.
Re: Biblically Is A Sin To Marry More Than One Wife by simpleseyi: 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
Where are the bible students and teachers. Please come and enlighten us.

(1) (Reply)

Holly Madison: I'm Going To Eat My Placenta After Giving Birth / How Do I Cope With My Dad, A Bossy & Jealous Stepmother...pls Serious Advice. / How Do You Call Your Mother...??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.