Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,639 members, 7,921,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:20 AM

Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. (781 Views)

Malam Bello Orders Removal Of Speed Bumps On Abuja-nyanya Highway / Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai / Nasir El Rufai Tweet That Got Twitter Buzzing On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. by silica(m): 7:38am On Jun 29, 2012
Some days back, a document credited to a Ghanian professor George Ayittey, calling president Goodluck jonathan a joke was released. The article was widely circulated and read and most of us here saw nothing wrong with it. Some saw nothing wrong with a Ghanian insulting our president. Some found it funny, but i know that any right thinking Nigerian will not think it is funny. In my opinion, it is similar to an outsider calling your father names in your presence and you find it amusing. Such a man will question your paternity. 

Since the release of that article, a lot of facts have come to limelight. A close analysis of the article revealed that it was actually written by some Nigerians and released under the name of Prof. George Ayittey. The use of words like "GEJ", "clueless" and similar words are consistent with label which we have come to identify with the Nigerian opposition and even here on nairaland. The deep knowledge of our constitution exposed the ploy by those behind the article, unless ofcourse Prof. George Ayittey is a not a professor of economics but in Nigerian Affairs.
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/who-pays-the-ghanaian-prof-george-ayittey. 

Similarly, a background check on Prof Ayittey revealed that that he is a member of African Oil Policy Initiative Group (AOPIG), an American lobbying group set up to promote greater American extraction of African oil. In other word, Ayittey is an agent of the U.S government working to protect American interest in Africa under the guise of African development. http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_Ayittey

In his last outing in in Oslo, Norway,prof. George Ayittey has advocated the use of social media as a means of taking over government. Malam Nasir El-Rufai's online activism on facebook and twitter, targeted at the President, is an obvious pointer that his aim is to utilize this strategy in undermining the current administration.

Patriotism is not about bringing down those in power so that you can replace them, neither is about destroying the country so you can take over and start rebuilding, its about doing your best for the country irrespective of who is in power. El-Rufai's activities in recent time does not portray patriotism but desperation by a man seeking to return to the corridor of power.
While am not here to defend Some of the President's policies ( God knows am still angry that i have to pay almost double to fill my tank), i am however weary of the implication of belittling the office of the president. The truth is that the ascension of President Goodluck Jonathan to the presidency have proved that any one of us can become the leader of this great country tomorrow. If we are not mindful, we may have destroyed that office before our turn.  President Jonathan may mot be an articulate leader or an orator in an era of 'efizzy', but even our parents are not all as erudite as President Barack Obama. Does that disqualify them from aspiring to the highest position in the land? Let us criticise his policies, let us make useful suggestion, but we must stop ourselves from being tools in the hands of political jobbers like El-Rufai and his cohort who can only function in the corridor of power. Or how do you explain that since they vacated their political office, they have not made any meaningful contribution to our development as a country in their private capacity, but have continued to scheme to return back to power, moving from one political party to the other. Be wise, use your head and shine your eyes.
Re: Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. by NaMe4: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2012
Patriotism is not about bringing down those in power so that you can replace them, neither is about destroying the country so you can take over and start rebuilding, its about doing your best for the country irrespective of who is in power.
El-Rufai's activities in recent
time does not portray patriotism
but desperation by a man seeking
to return to the corridor of power.

While am not here to defend Some of the President's policies ( God
knows am still angry that i have to
pay almost double to fill my tank), i am however weary of the
implication of belittling the office of the president.

The truth is that the ascension of President Goodluck
Jonathan to the presidency have
proved that any one of us can
become the leader of this great
country tomorrow. If we are not
mindful, we may have destroyed that office before our turn.
President Jonathan may mot be an articulate leader or an orator in an era of 'efizzy', but even our parents are not all as erudite as President Barack Obama. Does that disqualify them from aspiring to the highest position in the land? Let us criticise
his policies, let us make useful
suggestion, but we must stop
ourselves from being tools in the
hands of political jobbers like El- Rufai and his cohort who can only
function in the corridor of power. Or
how do you explain that since they vacated their political office, they have not made any meaningful contribution to our development as a country in their private capacity, but have continued to scheme to return back to power, moving from one political party to the other.
Be wise, use your head and shine your eyes.

True talk!
Re: Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. by kodewrita(m): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2012
Apologists for corruption. Please spill your own crap here too.
Re: Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. by Abagworo(m): 9:06am On Jun 29, 2012
A Ghanian should not insult our President. I have made my point several times that I am not a Jonathan supporter because the last election was rigged wickedly but since he is in power and our President, we should criticize him constructively while we also praise the good side of him.He deserves the respect from all of us both PDP and opposition. Prof Ayiteh got that ball to write the crap because we Nigerians have little respect for our President.
Re: Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. by kunlekunle: 9:07am On Jun 29, 2012
enough of corporate journalism
Re: Revealed: The Plot Between Prof Ayittey And Malam Nasir El-rufai. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2012
I as a person have until now refused to make any comment on the Ayittey of a Prof and his "master piece" of the person of Mr. President.

I felt that whoever he is, whatever he says and who ever he represents are all too infinitesimal to attract any serious attention.

If the guy is real, he should see what he can do to help his country.
We are able to sort out our problems.

(1) (Reply)

Scientific Reasons Why We Need State Police-fashola / N5,000 Note: Nigerians Say ‘no’ / Dr.orji Uzor Kalu Words Of Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.