Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S (15761 Views)

"Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian / Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (graphic Photos) / Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by alienware(m): 2:21am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

Where is that your so called God if I can synthesis humans in my laboratory? Will my synthesized baby tell me there is God?
A dullard says in his heart there is God!
bros u talking like a babie ! Synthesis begins in the nucleus of cells ( protein synthesis is a process in which cells make proteins) the Dna, mitochondria etc which are being manipulated here are all found in the nucleus of cells . U ask urself if there is no God, who created the cells ( the smallest unit of life ) in which other life comes from or are built upon. God created cells and it is this cell that houses the genetic materials that scientist are manipulating. How will u synthesize ur own baby without the cell ? The color of ur hair, eyes, skin color and many features are all in the genetic make of ur cells. Without cells no manipulation or Dna or cloned babies, and God created this cells . So i think if scientist want to prove that there is no God first they should create their own cells ( they are harvesting dna materials for cloning babies, aren't they ? ) if they must convince us that there's no God they should create their own cells and build a cloned babie,human or animal from there.

1 Like

Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by akigbemaru: 2:34am On Jun 30, 2012
God has created this world and never holds us accountable for anything. He says through our sweats shall we prosper. Hold on, the mother of all continents and the land of thatched huts with black n white stripe-colored zebras. When would you take your spot in the comity of global innovations? Your inhabitants are so puerile and feared of unseen threats. Africans when would you start thinking with head with cerebellum and not with the head of your D$CK#? You still believing in fairytale Jesus? Nobody ever named Jesus in Israel. Jesus, pronounced as esus was a Spanish creation (so to speak) Christopher Columbus, was a Spanish man and spread Christianity in North America.
You pray to God every minute but your meal plan is (0-0-1) and you called yourself a proud child of God or you live Ghetto all your life and now you dream about going to live in a paradise in Heaven? Please, think with you head not with that D$ck$ --- rethink is possible!
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by kandiikane(m): 2:35am On Jun 30, 2012
Hopefully, no more ugly babies if you can have a designer baby. Just a beautiful world, filled with beautiful people. grin
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 30, 2012
Olodostein:

Abeg help me tell am. Why don't they creat their stuff from scratch,

@bayooooo

My Guy, stop deceiving yourself by being a follow follow atheist or trying to sound intellectual. I used to be indifferent until it was revealed to me.

Let me tell you a secret. You see all the sickness and diseases these scientist tell you there is no cure. Its all lies. God created cure for all. They abound in roots, food and fruits.

Hippocrates of greek in 400bc said, "let food be thy medicine and medicine they food".

Abraham lincoln, Isaac newtown exalted God. Albert Einstein said "God does not play dice". Are you smarter than these men?

Look around. Nature abounds. Do not incur his wrath.
It does not change the calculus. We still have incurable diseases. Why is the so called God hiding the cure from humans. What a merciless God!
Albert Einstein was smart no doubt, but he did not discover everything. If Isaac Newton laws of motion failed at atomic level, his belief or exaltation of God would as well fail any rigorous logical analysis.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 30, 2012
pazienza: God will always exist,each time scientists pushes back the frontiers of science,religious men would push the existence of God beyond the available knowledge of the time.

Today the question is why don't they do it from the scratch,tommorow when scientists succeeds in doing that,they would still push God's existence beyond the available knowledge of the time.

There is no point starting from scratch if you have a useful raw material already. But if creation ability is entirely exclusive to so called God's power, the scientists should have failed woefully. That's not the case here! With the way things are going, it will not matter where the egg comes from as such can be genetically modified to bring a unique ability to the super human we are synthesizing!
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:
the cure from humans. What a merciless God!
Albert Einstein was smart no doubt, but he did not discover everything. If Isaac Newton laws of motion failed at atomic level, his belief or exaltation of God would as well fail any rigorous logical analysis.

#SMH# lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed (CONTRADICTING SIGNALS)
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 30, 2012
Seyilome: @ Bayoooo, God does nt know play neither joke.keep u trash within u,respect God,he created u,though God created this world but,he has handed over it to satan,i tell u money,wealth,famous and illuminaties belong to lucifer,but i tell u this world shall come to an end,u are mortal likewise all of us,where would we be at end?.dont be deceived.THOSE WHO MOCKED GOD DIED HORRIBLY!

He gave the world to satan yet wrestling with Satan to secure dominion over same world? It does not make sense. It does not portray him as omnipotent.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:51am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
#SMH# lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed (CONTRADICTING SIGNALS)

Albert is different from Newtoon. Newtons's law failed at atomic level so his belief in existence of God could follow similar pattern upon rigorous analysis and amount to failure.

Albert did not discover everything and as such failed to discover the nonexistence of God
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 30, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
[s]At the height of your stupidity, Gods love still overwhelms you! Don't be fooled by mere scientific knowledge... theres something greater than manipulating materials! Remember this say...."God is not a MAN....." Do not get too excited.... await the display of the sons of God then you will know how truly you have been fooled by your scientific knowledge thinking that is all there is![/s]

A pure putrid smelly junk!
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

He gave the world to satan yet wrestling with Satan to secure dominion over same world? It does not make sense. It does not portray him as omnipotent.
So, u know His names ... I thought as Much...lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Sage1: 3:53am On Jun 30, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Story story where is D̶̲̥̅̊
picture now?
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

Albert is different from Newtoon. Newtons's law failed at atomic level so his belief in existence of God could follow similar pattern upon rigorous analysis and amount to failure.

Albert did not discover everything and as such failed to discover the nonexistence of God
gringrin, Bro, u dont Know anything about Science.... Go to wikipedia and Read about Newton.. 1st question: WAS NEWTON A SCIENTIST
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
So, u know His names ... I thought as Much...lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

God has been described in so many deceitful adjectives with Omnipotent being one of them. Ask yourselves, if God has been fighting Devil for donkey years and victory has not been declared, is it really omnipotent? shocked shocked shocked

God does not exist!
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:00am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
gringrin, Bro, u dont Know anything about Science.... Go to wikipedia and Read about Newton.. 1st question: WAS NEWTON A SCIENTIST

What would you say if I told you I penned the article on wikipedia?

Sorry master scientist, wikipedia is not reliable.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

God has been described in so many deceitful adjectives with Omnipotent being one of them. Ask yourselves, if God has been fighting Devil for donkey years and victory has not been declared, is it really omnipotent? shocked shocked shocked

God does not exist!
I don't care what u Say... As a Person, U r free to Have ur Opinion... But the Main question is, U don't Know Sum1, and u Know his Name. U know he is d Omnipotent? U know He is fighting Devil 4 Dis Earth Why would u know Alot about him when u dont Believe in him An Athesist does Not do that...
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

What would you say if I told you I penned the article on wikipedia?

Sorry master scientist, wikipedia is not reliable.
Wikipedia is not reliable, and u penned Ur Article on wikipedia... #SMH# gringrincheesy.. This is getting Ridiculous. And how did u get all ur True Information about Newton From ur Fore Fathers

1 Like

Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
I don't care what u Say... As a Person, U r free to Have ur Opinion... But the Main question is, U don't Know Sum1, and u Know his Name. U know he is d Omnipotent? U know He is fighting Devil 4 Dis Earth Why would u know Alot about him when u dont Believe in him An Athesist does Not do that...

embarassed embarassed embarassed No. You are not the first to have advanced ridiculous reasons for God's existence. I have trashed this issue with a lot of know all fanatics and extremists who have described the non existent god in superlative adjectives of being the omnipresence, omniscience, Omnipotent, better than the best of best, etc. I merely drawn your attention to the fact that the so called omnipotent has not won the major battle upon which the foundation of christian doctrine is established. The much demonised satan the devil is still ruling and administering the world to the chagrin of the so called omnipotent god.

How can the omnipotent then be powerless or so weak to control the devil of whom we are told has no powers?
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
Wikipedia is not reliable, and u penned Ur Article on wikipedia... #SMH# gringrincheesy.. This is getting Ridiculous. And how did u get all ur True Information about Newton From ur Fore Fathers

I am now convinced you have issue in comprehending basic expression in a straight forward everyday English!

My statement is simple: anyone can edit wikipedia including yourself and that removes credibility from it.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 30, 2012
Do you have any reason at all to prove the existence of the god you are serving?
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

embarassed embarassed embarassed No. You are not the first to have advanced ridiculous reasons for God's existence. I have trashed this issue with a lot of know all fanatics and extremists who have described the non existent god in superlative adjectives of being the omnipresence, omniscience, Omnipotent, better than the best of best, etc. [s]I merely drawn your attention to the fact that the so called omnipotent has not won the major battle upon which the foundation of christian doctrine is established.[/s] The much demonised satan the devil is still ruling and administering the world to the chagrin of the so called omnipotent god.

[s]How can the omnipotent then be powerless or so weak to control the devil of whom we are told has no powers?[/s]
When Did I mention that I am A Christian... Am tellin u as an Athesist u dont Have to know about any Religion.. And u dont have to Talk 2 Much so that People will know u r an Athesist... The problem I have with u is dat U r replying every Single Quote... An Athesist does nt do that... And u dont Impose what u believe on Sum1 else... (GUD MAWNING.) *Yawns*
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

I am now convinced you have issue in comprehending basic expression in a straight forward everyday English!

My statement is simple: [s]anyone can edit wikipedia including yourself and that removes credibility from it.[/s]
lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
When Did I mention that I am A Christian... Am tellin u as an Athesist u dont Have to know about any Religion.. And u dont have to Talk 2 Much so that People will know u r an Athesist... The problem I have with u is dat U r replying every Single Quote... An Athesist does nt do that... And u dont Impose what u believe on Sum1 else... (GUD MAWNING.) *Yawns*

This is very funny and confirms one thing: I should not be arguing with you. It's a waste of time.

The highlighted part underscores your weak reasoning which in any case is an euphemism for mental laziness. I don't have to profess a particular religion to know about it. It may interest you to know I have read both the Bible and Quran a couple of times. I know the inherent contradictions and the monumental lies that have been sustained with even more wicked lies over years.

Much as I would like to I can't even reply each and every post due to time constraint. But I reserve the right to respond to every post either directed at me or that I have reason to question its validity. I expect everyone to follow suit as well so if I have made any assertion that is not well received either in terms of logic or factual correctness, feel free to counter such with superior logic. I am not forcing any of my beliefs down the throat of anyone but I won't allow lies in the garb of truth go unchallenged.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

This is very funny and confirms one thing: I should not be arguing with you. It's a waste of time.

The highlighted part underscores your weak reasoning which in any case is an euphemism for mental laziness. I don't have to profess a particular religion to know about it. It may interest you to know I have read both the Bible and Quran a couple of times. I know the inherent contradictions and the monumental lies that have been sustained with even more wicked lies over years.

Much as I would like to I can't even reply each and every post due to time constraint. But I reserve the right to respond to every post either directed at me or that I have reason to question its validity. I expect everyone to follow suit as well so if I have made any assertion that is not well received either in terms of [s]logic or factual correctness, feel free to counter such with superior logic.[/s] I am not forcing any of my beliefs down the throat of anyone but I won't allow lies in the garb of truth go unchallenged.
The 1st highlight is to tell u dat Am nt arguing with u.
And If U are nt also mentally lazy, why do u nid to reply me with a Sermon Dont u knw wat is called Summary.
And about The Readin of the Bible and Quaran... U nid to re-read both again because u r Contradicting urself..
U r just speaking and blowing Grammer.. U dont knw anytin About these Two books...
AS MUCH AS I WANT TO STAY POLITE... U dont want me to be with ur Insults.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 30, 2012
Bimfo:
The 1st highlight is to tell u dat Am nt arguing with u.
And If U are nt also mentally lazy, why do u nid to reply me with a Sermon Dont u knw wat is called Summary.
And about The Readin of the Bible and Quaran... U nid to re-read both again because u r Contradicting urself..
U r just speaking and blowing Grammer.. U dont knw anytin About these Two books...
AS MUCH AS I WANT TO STAY POLITE... U dont want me to be with ur Insults.

Ok. Let's leave insults.

I don't give sermons! grin

How are you sure I don't know anything about the bible and the Quaran?
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by kandiikane(m): 5:41am On Jun 30, 2012
You have turn this into a religious debate. Mtcheww!
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by yusful4all: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2012
d issue of this biotechnology and genetics will creat great problem to d world @ large.2007 ther was a ban on animal genetics, but i dont kwn wen they lift d ban.human modification will give room for genetist to creat human being wt any of ther desired trait wheather good or bad, which will be treat to d orginal human race.imagin d plat genetic, d orginal cassava we hv in nigeria has been modified to over 100 varieties. Now that orginal they modified is abt to extinct.reason wit all this say no to human modification is bad.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by ogaemma: 5:58am On Jun 30, 2012
denitro:

Classic lds doctrine... You rock man
Lds is against cloning. So keep lds out of this.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by uzzyj(m): 5:59am On Jun 30, 2012
Well, its fortunate Scientist have proven their worth. But, ‎​į hope these new species won't be a regret?
Best of Luck to more Scientific job.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 30, 2012
obelisk: the earlier we create a more intelligent species the better. This present stupidity may be the end of us soon.
and what if the genes from the parents babies contain 'stupidity'? That means more 'stupidier' cloned babies
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by joejeezy(m): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2012
All of you saying der's no God pls explain how u come into existence or hw d first man came into existence. If u say man evolved from animals, how did the animals came into existence
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by sunky644(m): 6:37am On Jun 30, 2012
@All, you don't ve to equate this geneticists with God afterall they are using God's prototype( natural egg from human already created by God ) for their cloning process. Whether they are successful with it or not, one fact still remains and the fact is that " the cells with which they commence this experiment was not genetically modified " Hence, they are still a second fiddle to God irrespective of their achievement.
Re: World's First Genetically-modified Babies Born In The U.S by dklex(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2012
bayooooooo:

Who is more powerful between your God and Devil because you guys run a tale that God has been fighting devil for donkey years with no success?

You will believe their is GOD the day you give up the free air you are breathing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Searching For Passengers On Aircraft With Italian Patient / COVID-19 Update For December 31 2020 In Nigeria / Bird Flu Now In 11 States – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.