Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students (15993 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by marabout(m): 6:00am On Jul 01, 2012
If best practices are adhered to, I think 6% getting 1.1 is ok. At our graduation in UK (University of London) ages ago, about 6-7% of our co-hort got 1.1, I think about 23% got 2.1. But you work really hard for 1.1 and 2.1. With good facilities in a boarding school environment and students mostly from richer backgrounds (no money worries), it's plausible.

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by cyril83(m): 6:28am On Jul 01, 2012
marabout: If best practices are adhered to, I think 6% getting 1.1 is ok. At our graduation in UK (University of London) ages ago, about 6-7% of our co-hort got 1.1, I think about 23% got 2.1. But you work really hard for 1.1 and 2.1. With good facilities in a boarding school environment and students mostly from richer backgrounds (no money worries), it's plausible.
just leave the f.o.o.ls to their f.oo.l.I.shness,inferiority complex had made most of these pple lose their sense of reasoning,imagine one of them was comparing Eksu to CU,nawa oh,Nlanders will never ceased to amaze me

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by dolwellyahoo: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2012
A professor of a private university was asked on channels tv abt d high rate of 1st class graduate in private univ as against d public univ, he explained that the studying conditions are not d same.. He said private university have fewer students who interacts more frequently with their lecturers, you could hv ten students in a class, were d lecturer knows them by name, strength weaknesses and so on. Frankly, I agree with him, I came out with 2.2 with a cgpa of abt 3.2, I know I could hv done better if I was exposed to d same opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Hassanjj(m): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2012
stepo707: 88? Do they sell 1st class in that school
i tire o. i dont the first class thing in that school is based on Academic performance... as if we didnt even attend the university nd what it looked like...
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Hassanjj(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2012
meksroland: I work with their product in my company, she was there before I came after my NYSC, but I thought her all she does today even though she always receive insult all day from the MD for incompetency. As far as I'm concerned, they're just answering big name without anytin to show for it
grin
meksroland: I work with their product in my company, she was there before I came after my NYSC, but I thought her all she does today even though she always receive insult all day from the MD for incompetency. As far as I'm concerned, they're just answering big name without anytin to show for it
gbam! wuru wuru first class.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by poweredcom(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2012
Haha 88 first class omo dem tooo over know book kai na wash their papa their why dem no go give dem first class when dem parents don pay heavy money ,,,welll make dem take dem first class go find jab whether dem go see for naija no connection with ur first class no job for you. Dangote get first class hiss ask ur self
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by basher(m): 8:52am On Jul 01, 2012
Ridiculous!! Mickey Mouse degrees! Who do they think they are fooling? 88 1st class degrees? No wonder Nigerian parents are breaking the bank to send their children to universities outside Nigeria; any university outside will do.

I bet all the multinationals in Nigeria are falling over themselves to employ one of these 88 1st class graduates **rolls eyes**.

Yeah right!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by DSoj(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Bullshit. Scam. Serious Mediocrity. A school collecting over 400k as fees? How do U want dem to justify d fees if de don't dash dem 1st class? Abeg joor.. 80 of dose so called 1st class grads can't do wat a polytechnic grad can do.. I was with dem @ NYSC camp som years back.. De are mostly dumb spoon fed children. De couldn't write application. Let dere be a public debate and open academic competition, U'll see their folly..
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by lillies: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2012
@
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by lillies: 9:28am On Jul 01, 2012
@
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by lillies: 9:44am On Jul 01, 2012
me i neva nderstand o!
please can anybody upload CU engineering past que lets see wat dey ask dem. i wil upload dat of IFE
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by cyril83(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2012
lillies: but am still yet 2 c any CU student doing his or her post grad. studies at the UNIVERSITY OF IFE.

GREAT IFE, GREAT IFE REMAIN GREAT IFE
your "STILL YET" Grammar will never allow you to see them...My broda step up your speaking and writing ability,its not still yet,it's either still or yet and you shud desisit from criticism coz it will never take you to anywia.....GREAT IFE indeed
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by umunnatim(m): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2012
what the hell?yes they have 1st class bvut re they real graduates?can they be self dependent?what is the essence of haviing a first class when the only thing you learnt in school is that stupid things your old lecturer taught you,Damn the degrees,come to Federal Or state Uni,you will commit suide in your 2nd year.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by zezski(m): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2012
hustla:

People hate to see others make it,they hate that which they can't have!
End of Story!

pls stop that crap, am a Doctor and i've seen the mess of the doctors from a private vasity,they are business oriented. As for me a 400L medical student in U.I or O.A.U is much better.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2012
plenty kola:
Ope God bless u

Thank you jare.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2012
cyril83: Gbam!...you just hit the nail and this's what have been waiting to hear,My broda when will you stop feeling inferior,inferiority complex kill if you don't know,we have a lot of average parents who want the best education for their children in private uni besides how much do they pay in CU,its not upto 400k compare to igbims where they pay 600k and above...wake up man

Guy forget, gbagbe e, no b d same course all of us dey do? This is nt abt inferiority complex.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by cyril83(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2012
Amusaopeyemi:
Guy forget, gbagbe e, no b d same course all of us dey do? This is nt abt inferiority complex.
I never knew you r a lady,I wudnt have replied you @ 1st....who's talking abt course here,I was only tryin to let you have the spirit of possibility in you,don't say everything is impossible or stage simply because you have the believe you can't do better than them...My sister if you have good opportunity to study in their environment I believe you may come out wit 1.1 as well,this is very simple to understand...sho ti ye e!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by mu2sa2: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2012
You may soon hear of another private university producing 100 first class; then another producing 120, and yet another handing out 150.And the first class craze will continue as university after university try to outdo each other in churning out first class graduates.State and federal universities may be tempted to join in the craze.As with everything in Nigeria , it will not be checked, because anyone with money can simply go a pick his/her first class degree.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by zezski(m): 11:26am On Jul 01, 2012
lets all rant at these business men, they are not the pioneers of this kind of uncanny awards, private institutions abroad also do it. for an individual to graduate with a 1st class ,he shd have a track record of excellence. how many of them did U.M.E? did they score 250 and above?how many distinctions did they have in their SSCE( if they didn't get any form of assistance). let them go for their M.Sc in U.I or O.A.U , we'll see if they are truly sound academically, we'll assume they have morals. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have 2 friends who were average students, went to one of these private institutions and came back with a 1st class, by God i swear they didn't do their SSCE by themselves and never attempted UME. how they suddenly transformed is

My lecturers in Medical School lamented how a private institution used to lobby them to pass their students who were not fit to be doctors, at the end of the day the school often certify them fit once they had left, eventually they stopped going there when it was recurrent.

Am sure if those guys had come to U.I, maybe 5-10 of them, certainly not up to 20 would have a 1st class truly.
Believe me, eschew sentiments, those schools are just belittling Nigerian Certificates further. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by uche92(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2012
hahaha this is hilarious. the egem-odey guy went to my sec school and didnt even graduate top 40. Wow what can I say? Good for him though
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Mikebrown(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
Abeg hw much to buy the first class? I wan know o
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by lillies: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
@
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by lillies: 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
@cyril i am a lady not your "broda"
CU crap
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by gokuu(m): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
Hmmn.....this is yet another feat in that University. 88 out of 1389! Is it just me or is it really high? I'm sure they wouldn't be good enough for a 3rd class in AKOKA. Many of my lecturers TEACH there and they tell us they teach them highly simplified things. All the same, 'congrats' to them.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by lillies: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
@
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by safarigirl(f): 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
Abegi, 88 first class bribers. The one time I saw a covenant graduate was on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the dude didn't know squat! He left in his sixth question cos he didn't know C0ck was another name for Rooster. Just like Igbinedion, first class is for sale. And not many people are wowed by 1st class from a Nigerian University anymore, even less, a Private one, cos it's been proved too many times that the owners aren't as smart as their degrees claim.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by AK481(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2012
cyril83: your "STILL YET" Grammar will never allow you to see them...My broda step up your speaking and writing ability,its not still yet,it's either still or yet and you shud desisit from criticism coz it will never take you to anywia.....GREAT IFE indeed

It's is not the same as its........oya you too correct yourself.
Let me ask you some questions;
1.How many brilliant people take private uni as their choice during jamb(pls check jamb website)?....*almost zero percent,logically it means that wen pple try to gain admission,they try the federal unis,when they fail,they use the private uni as an alternative.
2.is it very easy for a dullard to make 1st class even if the enviroment is ok?........I don't think so.

So foolishman deal with the reality of "garbage in garbage out"
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by adefred2: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
CU graduates are excellent. I am happy to have three(3) of them in my organization.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by phermonyx(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2012
lillies: @cyril u really got me upset!! did you say prof. from other schools interview CU student when they are about to graduate?
well in IFE, those senior prof. dont just interview us when we want to graduate, they are always with us from the 101 to 529.
and i tell you if they teach you, they will destroy your career because i dont see any CU student that will be able to write che202 (industrial process calculation) by prof. ademodi, mind you its a six hours paper, just four questions pls confirm from anyone.
i repeat you will commit suicide in your second year.
if i may ask, how many CU student have won the SPDC merit award?
i know they (CU STUDENTS) write it every year!
GREAT IFE.

I knw many CU products aΩ̴d̶̲̥̅̊ their students that are still in d̶̲̥̅̊ school, most of them didn't not pass d̶̲̥̅̊ entrance exam into OAU's pre-degree programme aΩ̴d̶̲̥̅̊ Α̲̅♏ sure they wouldn't av had legit admission into any federal university.
There is nothing wrong with d̶̲̥̅̊ ratio of 1st class products but most of them would av struggled †̥ get 2.1 in many federal schools. I knw abt chm 202 in IFE bro, no be small thing aΩ̴d̶̲̥̅̊ if U̶̲̥̅̊ fail, dia is nothing like summer class, Ųя CGPA is already sinking.
GREAT IFe

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by luvola(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
lasu turns out just 41 first class,lessthan 2,900 2nd class upper students in total for three sets out of over 28,000 graduating students(in her last convocation 2weeks ago)) .these nos of 1st class represent 0.146% ,Yet c.u turns out 88 first class out of 1389. Mehn LASU don SUFFER US O. Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by odedele: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by odedele: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
pri uni don turn first class 2 fake profits wen banks dey declare b4 sanusi expose dem.NUC wake up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Medical Students Protest Against Rise In Fee (PICS) / NOUN Students Forgive Those Who Discriminated Them,but Won't Tolerate Recurrence / Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo Part Time Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.