Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,829 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:41 PM

Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence (7238 Views)

Eiye Vs Bucaneer: 4 MAPOLY Student Dead In Cult Clash (Photo - Viewer permit) / Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko, Benue State. 2015/2016 POST UTME FORM..O7O39293182 / Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by dani1luv: 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
BY PETER DURU, Makurdi
Two students of Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko have been confirmed dead in a cult related crisis that engulfed the institution yesterday.

The death occurred against the backdrop of reports that the Benue State Police Command recovered a box full of AK 47 live ammunition from four suspects who were hauling the arms to the crisis torn Eggon and Alaago communities of Nasarawa State.

Briefing newsmen yesterday on the two incidents, the Deputy Police Public Relations Officer for Benue State, ASP Ejike Alaribe said the police in Gboko last night received a report that two suspected cultists had at 8pm stormed the home of two students of Fidei Polytechnic and shot one of them whose name was given as Akawa on the neck, thus killing him instantly.
Alaribe noted that Akawa died before he could receive medical attention, adding that when the news of his death filtered into the institution, students mobilized themselves and went after the assailants.

According to him, “They caught up with the two suspects who were identified as being responsible for the shooting, matcheted one of them to death but the police arrived the scene before they meted out jungle justice on the other”.

Alaribe said further that two other suspects identified as having a hand in the shooting were also arrested by the police.

On the recovered box of AK47 live ammunition, he said, the four suspects were arrested with the ammunition along the Makurdi-Lafia road by men of the joint operation task force christened ‘Operation Zenda” following a directive by the state Commisdioner of Police that patrols be intensified throughout the state.

He said the suspects who were riding in a Peugeot wagon with registration number Lagos, BE 222 KRD were flagged down for routine check by the security operatives but declined.

”Our men pursued them; they tried to run into the bush, but our men caught up with them and arrested them with minimal force and when a thorough search was conducted on the car and the suspects, the box of live ammunition, charms, knives, N96,500 cash, and three hand sets were recovered from the suspects”, the Deputy PPRO added.

Source

1 Like

Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by AK481(m): 2:02am On Jul 01, 2012
As the ezendigbogburugburu ii,let me speak first.
Its soo sad,that this is happening in our tertiary inst.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 01, 2012
The Nigerian students are far worse than touts. Imagine how such a nation will progress when we know that the power of a nation depends on its educated citizenry!
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by AK481(m): 2:15am On Jul 01, 2012
Violence in our institution is becoming "very unbecoming" and it needs to be checked with proper internal security to reduce the heinous monster called cultism.
Having graduated from the university,I think I m privilege to know a little more ,most times cultism is fuelled by peers n lack of vision by students,wen it turns violence,it s mostly against 2 faction claiming superiority and their traps are mostly "girls"(eve,jezebel,dellilah etc)

The worst part of it is that wen 1s death is linked to cultism,its assumed either wrongly or otherwise that he/she is a member of a cult group without proper investigation,and hence no sympathy for their soul.
Well,rip the lord loves u more.

I just hope undergraduates are reading this,n if ure a member,it s never too late to run out with ur life.
BEWARE OF CULTISM

2 Likes

Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Abayomin70(m): 3:23am On Jul 01, 2012
there is no gain at all in RUNS
And some guys here in school always tell me dat,dat is d highest definition of wat is call BIGBOY
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by NosaHenry(m): 4:00am On Jul 01, 2012
Most pastors marry by sight without God's directive. Pastor Chris should have known that beauty and spirituality don't go together. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by nelly4(f): 5:04am On Jul 01, 2012
@nosa henry
Were U drunk While posting......abeg Dnt drink and post its bad
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Kenneth205(m): 5:24am On Jul 01, 2012
God Help Us!
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Mpetempe(m): 5:31am On Jul 01, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
Most pastors marry by sight without God's directive. Pastor Chris should have known that beauty and spirituality don't go together. You can't eat your cake and have it.

How Does This Comment Line With The Topic?
Correct Yourself Bro.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by alluson(m): 6:04am On Jul 01, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
sure you do need medical attention
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by kcreal(f): 6:26am On Jul 01, 2012
@ Nosa-Henry, are you ok?
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Eltonluigi(m): 6:32am On Jul 01, 2012
Mofos still killin' themselves. #Smh
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by frankpessu(m): 6:52am On Jul 01, 2012
God i jst pray u make me escape dem ooo, dey r on ma neck wantin me 2 join
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by trigar12(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
U are getting old...Get some glasses
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Walexz02(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2012
:' abeg no join dem o!
(
frank pessu: God i jst pray u make me escape dem ooo, dey r on ma neck wantin me 2 join
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Hemanwel(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2012
Buhari iz neva a hero,abeg!@op..y u dey ask dis yeye kweshun?Abi u drink korosene
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by cyril83(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2012
As @ yesterday someone was comparing this same Benue institution to Convenant University....students who know nothing but cultiscm and killings were comparing with students who know nothing than go to class
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 01, 2012
these are students whose parents are hoping on to change their family life for better after graduation. What a great pity to STUPID STUDENTS... Youthful But Useless
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by tribalism(m): 7:51am On Jul 01, 2012
the cult names please. that will make this thread more interesting and more will follow it. LoL. was a stack jewman then in school. enjoyed every bit as a jewman.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by tribalism(m): 7:55am On Jul 01, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
you must be one of them and so doesn't like this thread. don't want to be useful to your parents. sorry!
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Intrepid1(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2012
The recovered loot was probably higher than what the police declared.

2 Likes

Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by gbadexy(m): 8:46am On Jul 01, 2012
@nosa, why you come mess up na.
Anyways, its strange that the students of the polytechnic too also had matchet to begin with. Is one to assume its a normal practice to have weapons as well as pen or they were members of a cult carrying out reprisal. Its odd that ordinary students would have the courage to go after armed men.
Its hilarious imagining a peugot wagon trying to out run the police, but I think the police should also be at the warring community to ensure peace. If not, I see no reason why one community would have the advantage of using mercenaries to kill farmers (according to a post last week on NL) and the other community won't be able to defend themselves.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by valencia25(m): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2012
Alwaz feel sad weneva i hear some student kill demsev ova cultism, for God sake it's not what makes a Big Boy!
Am currently having my third year in school and no-one has ever approached me because i don't pass my boundary.

God help us all!
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by lordbucos(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2012
What is our country educational system turning to?
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by swtbb(f): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2012
c hw future leaders dey die prematurely,because of group wey no mke sense.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2012
valencia25: Alwaz feel sad weneva i hear some student kill demsev ova cultism, for God sake it's not what makes a Big Boy!
Am currently having my third year in school and no-one has ever approached me because i don't pass my boundary.

God help us all!

Not that u don't pass your boundary maybe you lack swag acedemically or financially or u may be a religious fanatic
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by lacasa: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2012
Cultism. The new millitancywink
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by shaneroberts26: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2012
colly227:

Not that u don't pass your boundary maybe you lack swag acedemically or financially or u may be a religious fanatic
Guy u wicked i swear.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by Bright146(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2012
AK 48: Violence in our institution is becoming "very unbecoming" and it needs to be checked with proper internal security to reduce the heinous monster called cultism.
Having graduated from the university,I think I m privilege to know a little more ,most times cultism is fuelled by peers n lack of vision by students,wen it turns violence,it s mostly against 2 faction claiming superiority and their traps are mostly "girls"(eve,jezebel,dellilah etc)

The worst part of it is that wen 1s death is linked to cultism,its assumed either wrongly or otherwise that he/she is a member of a cult group without proper investigation,and hence no sympathy for their soul.
Well,rip the lord loves u more.

I just hope undergraduates are reading this,n if ure a member,it s never too late to run out with ur life.
BEWARE OF CULTISM
tell them.... I guess u are once like them٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by ebamma(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2012
if u are in school be a flat man if u want to be a hard man u shall die,because those who kill with the gun shall die by the gun.
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by AK481(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
cyril83: As @ yesterday someone was comparing this same Benue institution to Convenant University....students who know nothing but cultiscm and killings were comparing with students who know nothing than go to class

Likewise igbenedion university,where one was beheaded some days ago,cultism is every where
Re: Two Students Of Fidei Polytechnic Killed In Cult Violence by kolado(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
tribalism: the cult names please. that will make this thread more interesting and more will follow it. LoL. was a stack jewman then in school. enjoyed every bit as a jewman.
must u knw d cult names?mayb u r 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Signs that Shows You Are Intelligent / My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel / When U Eat A Yoruba Woman Stew For The First Time(hilarious Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.