Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,369 members, 7,920,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:39 AM

Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? (1659 Views)

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by onila(f): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2012

ghana
south Africa

not sure
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by tpia5: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
do you mean do we nigerians marry from or which we nigerians dont marry from?

"Do" is too general since to the best of my knowledge nigerians have the world record in anything of that nature.

that's like asking are nigerians found in europe.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by emofine2(f): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
Perhaps the country(ies) that has/have the biggest diaspora and the most familiar culture undecided

tpia@:
do you mean do we nigerians marry from or which we nigerians dont marry from?

"Do" is too general since to the best of my knowledge nigerians have the world record in anything of that nature.

that's like asking are nigerians found in europe.

Lool hilarious grin
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
For the men---anywhere is game. grin When did Nigerian men start having preference, agbegi. cheesy cheesy
For the women---they rarely date other Africans the way other African women do lipsrsealed. A Nigerian woman stepping out more often than not is going to be dating a White man.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by Fulaman198(m): 12:40am On Jul 01, 2012
stillwater: For the men---anywhere is game. grin When did Nigerian men start having preference, agbegi. cheesy cheesy
For the women---they rarely date other Africans the way other African women do lipsrsealed. A Nigerian woman stepping out more often than not is going to be dating a White man.

For the sake of all my other African brothers and those of the diaspora, this is where Nigerian women need to get checked. I don't care if they step out of Nigerian boundaries but for them to choose a White American Guy over an African American guy or Afro-Caribbean guy is just wrong. Nigerian women (women in general) need to stop being brainwashed by media and grow some brains.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by Fulaman198(m): 12:42am On Jul 01, 2012
For me my preference is West African, it is not just Nigerian my country of origin. But I love women from Niger, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Mauritania, Togo, Benin, etc. etc. I prefer traditional women, I want a woman who speaks or knows Fulfulde because I don't want to raise Westernized children. I want my children to be African to the core. None of this B.S. of them wearing sunglasses trying to look "hip and cool" and talking slang.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by dasparrow: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2012
Fulaman198: For me my preference is West African, it is not just Nigerian my country of origin. But I love women from Niger, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Mauritania, Togo, Benin, etc. etc. I prefer traditional women, I want a woman who speaks or knows Fulfulde because I don't want to raise Westernized children. I want my children to be African to the core. None of this B.S. of them wearing sunglasses trying to look "hip and cool" and talking slang.

Well said!
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by Fulaman198(m): 1:57am On Jul 02, 2012
dasparrow:

Well said!

Thanks bro
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by ifyalways(f): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
From personal observation and not a proven fact, yorubas are likely to marry Ghanains,igbos from ivory coast and cameroun, northerners from Niger, mali,Chad.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by Fulaman198(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
ifyalways: From personal observation and not a proven fact, yorubas are likely to marry Ghanains,igbos from ivory coast and cameroun, northerners from Niger, mali,Chad.

Yorubas marry people from Niger, Mali and Chad? Really? I did not know that, that's interesting.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by ifyalways(f): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2012
Did I say that
Recheck my post please.
Re: Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? by Fulaman198(m): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifyalways: Did I say that
Recheck my post please.

Sorry I must have been half asleep

(1) (Reply)

What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? / Learn More About Ila- Yoruba Tribal Mark / Igbo Community Built In Virginia USA See Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.