Stats: 3,201,277 members, 7,977,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:04 PM

Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? (13482 Views)

How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy / Plz, How Long Does It Take To Get A UBA Atm Card After Applying For One? / Do You Your Scratch Card After Use? (2) (3) (4)

Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by yipayipa: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
Please, my dear friends, don’t throw away your used scratch cards again. Make sure you tear them to pieces or possibly get them burnt after usage. This is because criminals; armed robbers, assassins, terrorists, rapists etc have devised a new technique of escaping from the law.
They now gather used scratch cards and take them to the scene of crime. After committing the crime, they drop the used scratch cards at the scene and run away. During investigations, the police will pick these used cards and trace the number that loaded it with its serial number and since your SIM is registered, it is easier to get at you. You automatically become a prime suspect. You are arrested, detained and tortured to "talk true" about what you knew nothing about. What assassins do is that they drop the used scratch card on the body of their murdered victim and take to their heels. At the end, an innocent person is arrested and beating to stupor for maintaining he is innocent. That is the situation on ground and I've it on good authority that some people are already gnashing their teeth at the kirikiri maximum prison for this used scratch card saga as investigations are going on.
Stay away from trouble too. God bless!

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by jamace(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
Thanks for the info.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by SkyRider1(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2012
Our unprofessional police using technology to score cheap points. thsnks bro
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Emmaxpaul(m): 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
thanks, NIgeria needs pple like you. Do good to drop more. thhks 4 the info. Stupid Police officers!!!
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
Thanks for the info, i learnt from this thread.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
Emmaxpaul: thanks, NIgeria needs pple like you. Do good to drop more. thhks 4 the info. Stupid Police officers!!!
yes oh
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by idumuose(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
This is an eye opener.I cannot imagine myself suffering for

what i know nothing about.I wonder where this country is

headed.Nigeria is a failed state.There is nothing worse that

will happen in nigeria again that has not already happened.

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by ochukoccna: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mod, can you please put this on the front page? undecided undecided undecided
This makes more sense than the usual thrash flooding NL's front page this days. cool cool cool
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Beautymc(f): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
@moderator, am surprise u didn't make this important information a front page but if it is the one that people will abuse Pastors for eating money, u'll quickly make it a front page. Bros, God bless u for dis info.

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by StarrMatthieu: 2:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Very nice![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by rasputinn(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Rubbish story.Name one case where used scrathed cards were used as exhibits to trace criminal suspects.
I've discussed with some senior police officers and they laughed off the suggestion and opined that some yahoo boys may have started cloning recharge cards with info obatined from used ones,therefore maybe someone with one of the telecom operators just threw this story into the public domain to make people destroy the info the yahoo boys would otherwise have gotten from the used scratch cards.

People are so fearful and so gullible.Well I guess it comes with the territory

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
Thanks bro!
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2012
I doubt this story... If so, the number of suspects arrested in connection with any crime scene would always be high.... This is because the number two garbage constituent that litters our streets after pure water sachet is scratch cards.

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by kombats: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2012
people always coming wit new idea dats 9ja 4 u
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Lordave: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2012
U are so good
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by linsa01(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2012
rasputinn: Rubbish story.Name one case where used scrathed cards were used as exhibits to trace criminal suspects.
I've discussed with some senior police officers and they laughed off the suggestion and opined that some yahoo boys may have started cloning recharge cards with info obatined from used ones,therefore maybe someone with one of the telecom operators just threw this story into the public domain to make people destroy the info the yahoo boys would otherwise have gotten from the used scratch cards.

god bless you. U've just spoken my mind.

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by toniapedro(f): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2012
fenx for the info
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Lamasta(m): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2012
Thanks Bro for the info
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by kylepinsky: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2012
na so them tell you
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Claumy2(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2012
rasputinn: Rubbish story.Name one case where used scrathed cards were used as exhibits to trace criminal suspects.

Whether "the yahoo boys" are using it or that criminals are using it, the information is clear-"destroy after use".

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by GenOrumov: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2012
When did our incompetent Police Force start using this method of tracing crime pepetrators? Just because the recharge voucher i used was found at a crime scene, does that mean that i should be jailed and forced to confess a crime i know nothing about. There is something called 'ALIBI.' That should be verified first before subjecting innocent people to torture. @ OP, thanks for the useful info considering the fact that our Police Force is useless, incompetent and crude.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by ZUBY77(m): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2012
Good and inmportant info
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2012
Now thats scary. . .@op. .when were you released from prison Cuz i think your story is based on experience wink

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Chaydee(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2012

well said!

Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Exponental(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2012
@mod,
Why did it take so long 2 get 2 d front page.....isn't ds an information worth disseminating?
@op,
tanx....... God deliver us from one watching us @ our ingorance.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by duality(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2012
yipayipa: You are arrested, detained and tortured to "talk true" about what you knew nothing about.

this part is of interest to me. my question is why is the police not doing this to faruk lawan. at least this we make him say the truth.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by infofirst(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2012
show, thanx bro
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by samyng(m): 11:37am On Jul 07, 2012
wow thanks for the info GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by Castos(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2012
Guy wait o, who yarn you that info @poster. Wahala dey o, i go inform da capitan. Yawa don gasss.
Re: Do You Destroy Your Scratch Card After Use? by goldline76(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2012
Its not an enough evidence that someone should be subjected to any of such because a recharge card loaded by him/her was found in a crime scene. Though it can be used as an evidence for primary investigation but more concrete evidence such as trace of finger prints and several others can be done. Even the hand that touched and dropped that recharge card at the crime scene can be detected if the Nigerian police have the technology in place to do that. So you see, it's not necessarily the one who loaded it that is a prime suspect to the crime. @poster, thanks anyway for enlightening us.

How To Open A Domiciliary Account In Nigeria / CBN To Relax FX Policy As Act Of 2004 Opens Windows Of Opportunity / Nigeria Records Biggest Drop In Oil Output