Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate (17117 Views)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Breaking News: Oduduwa Is Benin Word Not Yoruba, Dele Giwa From Former Bendel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by edicolove: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
blackky100: PDP cannot win Edo state, Lucky has messed PDP up and given Edo state to ACN. Go to Edo State now and see what is happening there and compare to when lucky was in power. Only a fool will vote for PDP. The Oba of Benin hardly speak in political matter. For him to talk shows Oshiomole has impressed him.

More surprises are coming in 2015, mark my word. Only the performing PDP candidates will be re-elected.

Nigeria don wise now. It is no longer about Party but about candidate and performance.

Let's wait and see.

In 1914, Oba Ovworamen, who is known as one of the most powerful Obas in history, was deported to Calabar by the british and nothing happened. I was born and grew up in Benin and I know the Oba is highly respected. But the moment you start meddling in politics, you loose that respect. First problem is that your subjects become split and that's where it begins. I insist that Osiomole is doing well but the Oba should stear clear off politics. He will mess himself up sooner or later. Nothing is permanent in any human society.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by donanadave(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
AK 48: If jonathan vex!
That oba go loose him seat,ho ha.
u think say na home video? The oba of benin can not be removed by man, na only death fit comot am there and wetin dey back am no be come chop ooooo.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Beaf: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
donanadave: u think say na home video? The oba of benin can not be removed by man, na only death fit comot am there and wetin dey back am no be come chop ooooo.

Please, lets not talk rubbish because we know GEJ is a decent man and a gentlemans gentleman.
It is the quiet ones that are to be feared though. Fill in the gaps.

I do not see a future for Oshiomole, he is going to be the sacrifice.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Beaf: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
blackky100: PDP cannot win Edo state, Lucky has messed PDP up and given Edo state to ACN. Go to Edo State now and see what is happening there and compare to when lucky was in power. Only a fool will vote for PDP. The Oba of Benin hardly speak in political matter. For him to talk shows Oshiomole has impressed him.

More surprises are coming in 2015, mark my word. Only the performing PDP candidates will be re-elected.

Nigeria don wise now. It is no longer about Party but about candidate and performance.

Let's wait and see.

Lol! Oshiomole might have done well, but it is the overwhelming opinion that General Airhiavbere is head and shoulders beyond Oshiomole both intellectually in in vision. Edo state deserves excellence.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Gentleboby: 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2012

If you see Oyarugbulem ( former military administrator ) ask about Oba of Bini

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by 3rdparty: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
osifred: as much as i don't fancy Mr president. i don't like the way he is being ridiculed by every dick and harry. the last i checked he still the c in c.

Then he should grow some balls!
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by PhysicsQED(m): 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! Oshiomole might have done well, but it is the overwhelming opinion that General Airhiavbere is head and shoulders beyond Oshiomole both intellectually in in vision. Edo state deserves excellence.

Did you carry out some kind of survey?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Lobolintin(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
Imposible,the greastest monarch in africa,folowd by oba of lasgidi...who b gej,do u knw hw he got dia......gerout jo idiot...
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Lobolintin(m): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
Imposible,the greastest monarch in africa,folowd by oba of lasgidi...who b gej,do u knw hw he got dia......gerout jo idiot..
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Gbawe: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2012
Clemzy16: The oba of benin has shown some great deed of courage in taking that decision. I think It's a fair one and i think it's a decision worth taking for the people of edo state.

The Oba had no choice. How many Nairalanders know that the PDP candidate, because the Party loves retrogressive 'tools', is a man who retired from the Nigerian Army to join partisan politics? I.e no 'apprenticeship' period in the real world. Just straight from the Barracks to politics with the PDP attempting to supplant him in Edo Governor's house. The PDP, as usual, and in showing they will never change, are up to their antics of backing candidates with no successful leadership record in areas that gives assurance of prospective effective political administration.

What is the cause of Nigeria's headache to date if not men with guns leaving their Barracks and seeking political power when they are the worst qualified to lead politically because of their regimented, autocratic and order-driven lives that is surely not the best precursor to liberal and efficient leadership in a democratic arena? It is the reason Politics, for successful Nations, and with few exceptions, has little to do with the Army.

Only the PDP will endorse this nonsense same as OBJ, out of the many competent candidates available, could only produce Olurin as the PDP candidate for Ogun. Anenih is doing the same i.e trying to force Airhiavbere on his State same as OBJ also wanted to force Olurin on Ogun State. Shame on autocratic Dinosaurs like OBJ (Army) and Anenih (Police force).

They have no interest in modern leadership and are forever looking for retrogressive tools in an era politics should, undoubtedly, and for a very troubled Nation, be about the very best hand who have shown beyond doubt , with performances in directly relevant sectors for the sake of comparison, that they are likely to deliver as political administrators.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Beaf: 8:51am On Jul 02, 2012
O-High Story Teller! grin
O-Liar! grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by BashMe1(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2012
drzed:

Brilliant response.

Seconded!
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by 1025: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2012
when we were learning presidential system of govt under political science, we were told that once a president is elected, he (Jonathan - President) will become above party politics.
the national interests surpasses party interests because it is believed that not only party members elect him.
in nigeria, i always wonder what happened to that orientation. is it possible that edo state is the problem of nigeria at moment or boko haram is lesser national issue.
i hate pdp with passion. how can nigerians fold their hands and watch these idiots kill us one after the other just because we are afraid to die?
the pdp chairman has said it that edo is a must win.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by marabout(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2012
edicolove:

In 1914, Oba Ovworamen, who is known as one of the most powerful Obas in history, was deported to Calabar by the british and nothing happened. I was born and grew up in Benin and I know the Oba is highly respected. But the moment you start meddling in politics, you loose that respect. First problem is that your subjects become split and that's where it begins. I insist that Osiomole is doing well but the Oba should stear clear off politics. He will mess himself up sooner or later. Nothing is permanent in any human society.

For the record Oba Ovonranmen Nogbaisi was deported to Calabar in 1897. He joined his ancestors in 1914.

Glad that you're Benin-born and bred. But there's perhaps some history you don't know.

The Iyase of Benin is the traditional Prime Minister (chief political officer of the kingdom). Sending him to receive a political leader (GEJ) is an appropriate step. He would have also initially received the Portuguese in the 1480s, especially if they came during the traditional period of fasting and reflection called AWE.

The Iyase of Benin has existed in Benin many centuries before the post began in any Western country. Cardinal de Richlieu "L'eminence rouge" under King Louis XIII of France (appointed on 13/08/1624) was the first western Prime minister. He features prominently in "The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas.

The British Prime minister position was only created by the German king of England George I in 1714 so that he could spend most of his time in his native Hannover (Germany).

Whatever the Iyase said, he did so as a political officer of the Kingdom and has for some 800 years been allowed to do so. The King never by himself made any such statement. To say he spoke for the king is akin to saying that David Cameron only says what the Queen of England wants him to say.

Now about the Iyase of Benin: it is not necessarily a hereditary position. The Binis worked it out long ago that such a high political office should be occupied by the best pair of hands of Edoid origin or royal ancestry/connections at least.

This in theory gives the king the latitude to chose from a large pool of sagacious, savvy and competent people. In THEORY, the Iyase, apart from Edo people, can be from some families in Lagos Island, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa and certain areas of Rivers state. Even Onitsha.

Around 140 years ago, the Oba of Benin appointed a son of the traditional ruler of Brass, now in Bayelsa state (of Benin royal origin by the way) as the Iyase of Benin. His descendants are prominent Bini people today like the Otokitis.

Because we Africans hold ourselves at such low esteem, we refuse to learn of the indiginous political/administrative advancement we made before colonialism. Tribalism in modern Naija has also contributed to ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Zikkyy(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf:

whose opinion? Anenih's opinion maybe it's PDP opinion smiley
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by jaybee(f): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2012
osifred: as much as i don't fancy Mr president. i don't like the way he is being ridiculed by every dick and harry. the last i checked he still the c in c.

There should be no sympathy respect to the president; people have voted him into power, they have done their bit,let him earn his respect.

normally people are respected for the roles they play in society, the responsibilities they discharge, their contribution to society, their integrity, etc etc. NOT THE POSITION THEY OCCUPY. to hold the position of president is not an end in itself; it is a means to an end. it is what you do with the presidency that will earn you respect and give you glory, or make the entire presidency a laughing stock.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Omero(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: How can we say we practice American styled democracy and we keep figure heads called Obas around and their opinions count. I say we abolish these Obas and declare them irrelevant in a democracy.....
u are fulish n stupd y hv u not abolish d legistors(faroukgate) who embezle our money n neva make ani meaninful laws even wen we neva electd dem truly(electn riggin). I skul in benin n was there durin d PDP evils years(no single development) n going back 2 benin recently osho baba has done well. PDP is an evil party. Nonesense n annoyin talk I dey vex wit naija evil politics
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by femmy2010(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
GEJ waiting in the Oba's Palace .

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2012
Beaf:

Please, lets not talk rubbish because we know GEJ is a decent man and a gentlemans gentleman.
It is the quiet ones that are to be feared though. Fill in the gaps.

I do not see a future for Oshiomole, he is going to be the sacrifice.

So which Sacrifice is Oshiomole going to be?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Gbawe: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2012
dayokanu:

So which Sacrifice is Oshiomole going to be?

Who takes the words of Nairalands most discredited and shameless sycophant seriously? Guy, better ignore the toe rag as most sane folks do.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
The wish of the Oba and the people has been done.

Retardeen has been disgraced once again
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
Beaf:

You can go and chop shyte, the people of Edo have shown they are not interested in this overwhelming intellect. Honestly, Beaf it's such a shame and waste that a young man of your intellectual capacity chose the path of ignominy. I really would like to know what you'd do in 2015 when your man is booted out.

As for your head honcho, Abati, dude better relocate to Yenagoa with GEJ. How many threads have you and your other hirelings created today on Edo election to curry some popularity for president shoeless?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oba said it, and so it is.

Oba's curse/warning must have given PDP party riggers something to far.

I believe it's the fear in GEJ that forced him to even vote for Oshiomole.

SW, where are we heading for the next elections? ACN or PDP?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Oluwadare: 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Oba said it, and so it is.

Oba's curse/warning must have given PDP party riggers something to far.

I believe it's the fear in GEJ that forced him to even vote for Oshiomole.

SW, where are we heading for the next elections? ACN or PDP?
if any of my family ever cast their vote to PDP, then i'ill have no-option than to disown HIMs/HERs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police / Total Move Staff Out Of Abuja / Jonathan 2015 Campaign Posters In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.