Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,278 members, 7,967,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:55 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1848028 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
At the site where they are building the new multi-level state secretariat, there are houses still standing, this one was built in 1928, but may still be demolished to build the new floors.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
And did you ever know, that we have a BIG BEN in Enugu, just like London grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2013
I like the design of the house. It's better renovated than demolished.

PAGE 100!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
The old state secretariat, partly demolished.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 11:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
spyder880: The old state secretariat, partly demolished.
dat project wld tk alot of tym o! Bt bros ani news on d centinary city?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Are there no more lands in Enugu that the government can use instead of demolishing medieval structures.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
From the second tower at ground zero in Enugu, comes this progress pictures of works.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
This picture was taken on the 3rd of January 2013

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Exactly 26 days later, this was taken yesterday, 29th January 2013.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 1:34am On Jan 31, 2013
spyder880: At the site where they are building the new multi-level state secretariat, there are houses still standing, this one was built in 1928, but may still be demolished to build the new floors.

Are you kidding me? They're going to demolish the most historically important buildings in the city? Have they ran out of land? I can't stand Nigerians and their idea of "development". Then they put these ugly-ass cheap buildings in their place.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:35am On Jan 31, 2013
Video courtesy Joe Chukwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXWqF9OTDw

Is anyone else seeing what i'm seeing?: they've nicked more than half of the streets lights! angry Now how the fuc/k do you nick something so high up like that? undecided....so neatly done that the pole is still left standing unscathed!
Does this mean the Enugu state gov't wiil be wasting scarce resources replacing these vandalised street lights every few months?; they need to go out at night with a good marksman and shoot these bastards in the act.

On another note: it might be b'cos of the harmattan, but i noticed the road at the beginning of the video was a bit dusty.

Besides these two issues, everything else (the traffic lights, signage, etc) looks ok.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by EkoIle1: 3:53am On Jan 31, 2013
nice village development...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 4:39am On Jan 31, 2013
^envy.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Piyke: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2013
I celebrate this thread, 100 pages strong. Thank God for Sullivan, even in his absence development has continued full throttle. This is definitely good leadership
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2013
Eko Ile: nice village development...

^^^So what's your 'village'? let's see how it measures up.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^So what's your 'village'? let's see how it measures up.

He'll claim he's from Lagos. Where else undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 31, 2013
UNN is gradually wearing a new look.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Video courtesy Joe Chukwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXWqF9OTDw

Is anyone else seeing what i'm seeing?: they've nicked more than half of the streets lights! angry Now how the fuc/k do you nick something so high up like that? undecided....so neatly done that the pole is still left standing unscathed!
Does this mean the Enugu state gov't wiil be wasting scarce resources replacing these vandalised street lights every few months?; they need to go out at night with a good marksman and shoot these bastards in the act.

On another note: it might be b'cos of the harmattan, but i noticed the road at the beginning of the video was a bit dusty.

Besides these two issues, everything else (the traffic lights, signage, etc) looks ok.

People have to eat. On the other hand this would happen in any other country, developed or not. The difference is developed countries have mostly trustworthy policemen who do a night time patrol/CCTV monitoring. Until then criminals can walk into your house and take your laptop while you're there with no consequence.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 4:44am On Feb 06, 2013
100 pages!
wow!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2013
Feel like playing golf? the golf course in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by feelamong(m): 8:16am On Feb 06, 2013
100 pages and still counting!!!

042 is the code jare!!

Let Eko Ile and fellow haters keep getting HBP and HIV
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
spyder880: Feel like playing golf? the golf course in Enugu.

Now you wanna wake up the animal is me oh . . . That is a gain that is better than all soccer put together tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hi spyder,
There's on going work at the left side of bisala road opposite blue inland hotel. Do you have any idea of what they plan to do there.
I also noticed some level improvement on ESWAMA service. They have been deploying new waste bins,recently.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
centje: Hi spyder,
There's on going work at the left side of bisala road opposite blue inland hotel. Do you have any idea of what they plan to do there.
I also noticed some level improvement on ESWAMA service. They have been deploying new waste bins,recently.

I have also noticed the new improvement in ESWAMA. The heaps of rubbish has been reducing and of course the new bins in most locations. Wonder who is in charge now.
That land opposite the blue island hotel is a private land as I heard, I also noticed the new activities there, a road going through it and some works. That property is among the most well positioned lands in Enugu. Some of the buildings inside it looks like they collapsed out of neglect. There is a story about the land which I cannot mention here because I could not confirm the information. cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
spyder880:

I have also noticed the new improvement in ESWAMA. The heaps of rubbish has been reducing and of course the new bins in most locations. Wonder who is in charge now.
That land opposite the blue island hotel is a private land as I heard, I also noticed the new activities there, a road going through it and some works. That property is among the most well positioned lands in Enugu. Some of the buildings inside it looks like they collapsed out of neglect. There is a story about the land which I cannot mention here because I could not confirm the information. cheesy
Seems you guys are talking about the old Pascal and Jake Estate ? Have they settled issues over that vast land?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 07, 2013
Nightshift: Seems you guys are talking about the old Pascal and Jake Estate ? Have they settled issues over that vast land?
yeah,i recently noticed the place is been cleared. Please, help us with the history of the place,you seem to know much about enugu.

spyder880:

Maybe you can use your 'arguable,...tag it 'arguable story/fact' grin
Please, let's hear the story please.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 3:21am On Feb 07, 2013
centje: yeah,i recently noticed the place is been cleared. Please, help us with the history of the place,you seem to know much about enugu.
from what i heard, a catholic priest bought that land when that part of enugu was still a forest, gradually development started coming and the church started clearin the site for use, but the former owner of the land forcefully took the land from the church, angered by what the man did, the priest cursed the land. After the land was taken from the church, an estate was built there, but few weeks after it was completed, it was destroyd by fire, after some years or months another one was build and was also destroyd, so after that second incidence, the site and the building was abandoned till date.

The place is called Pascal jake, what i dont knw is if the priest is pascal jake or the owner.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:08am On Feb 07, 2013
nedu210:
from what i heard, a catholic priest bought that land when that part of enugu was still a forest, gradually development started coming and the church started clearin the site for use, but the former owner of the land forcefully took the land from the church, angered by what the man did, the priest cursed the land. After the land was taken from the church, an estate was built there, but few weeks after it was completed, it was destroyd by fire, after some years or months another one was build and was also destroyd, so after that second incidence, the site and the building was abandoned till date.

The place is called Pascal jake, what i dont knw is if the priest is pascal jake or the owner.

Thank you, this is exactly what I heard, that the priest placed a curse on the land and because of that no development can happen there. Such a prominent site, very well positioned for any type of business.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 07, 2013
Eko Ile: nice village development...
I hate when people from sw talk trash about development in d se..I keep telling them that apart from lagos, no place in the sw can measure up to se. That whole region is dusty and it smells over there, belv me.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2013
It was actually bishop okoye that cursed the land after the land was taken from the church and was sold to pascal jake because he was ready 2 pay higher.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 07, 2013
Na wa o! Thanks nedu210.
The Bishop okoye in awgu diocese?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikology(m): 11:59am On Feb 07, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you, this is exactly what I heard, that the priest placed a curse on the land and because of that no development can happen there. Such a prominent site, very well positioned for any type of business.
Gov.Peter Obi prized the land last year for 1billion,but the owner Paschal and J. Insisted on 2billion. Infact he is the one doing those clean up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.