Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,951 members, 7,903,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1824216 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by anag0900: 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
chyno123:

it is that same respect I have for this thread which is why i am not putting up pics that will cause problems.
i will wait for 5 minutes, if no action taken then it will be free for all.
Awka Made Gun is chino. by the way, no be only you get gun o and my peops guns arent made from awka

baba you too much, we gonna respect their thread. even though they disrespect our own Ibadan thread. I trust Oga mynd to have done the needful to akwamadejargons.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Marketing activities at Kenyatta market Enugu.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880: LEGACY ETERNAL

The monument of His Royal Highness, Chief Dr. Edward Nnaji. Odezuluigbo II of Enugu state.

^^^That's a nice monument......though i'm not too sure about painting it white! undecided Can they maintain the whiteness?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SEAMANNN: 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
How market? cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^That's a nice monument......though i'm not too sure about painting it white! undecided Can they maintain the whiteness?

This monument has stayed white for many many years ago. It was recently repainted weeks ago.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880:

What do you think grin

^^^Spyder, that's not a slum.....they're just poor!

I bet if we could zoom in to view the streets, you'd see the place is relatively tidy!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by anag0900: 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
SEAMANNN: How market? cheesy

mynd44 this is chino again please do the needful. thank you sir.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
Enugu, cool since 1909 cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880: Enugu, cool since 1909 cheesy

Sweet panoramic shot!
Wish the roads were marked in that section too, it's even finer than obodo oyibo!

Great photographic work Oga m!
Thank you for remaining focused and pointing the way for the thread, while the pre-pubescent boys compete on who will out do the other in stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
cjrane:

Sweet panoramic shot!
Wish the roads were marked in that section too, it's even finer than obodo oyibo!

Great photographic work Oga m!
Thank you for remaining focused and pointing the way for the thread, while the pre-pubescent boys compete on who will out do the other in stupidity.
The roads are actually marked but the markings are blurred in the picture.

One thing that is readily noticed and which I kind of like about Enugu is the the way the different socioeconomic strata blend in.

That picture has what looks to me like a 2012/3/4 toyota landcruiser, two tokumbo 2004 Toyota highlander, and a lovely looking blue (not quite sure) 80s Toyota corolla wagon.

Enugu is one of those few places where recognition and respect is not overtly about wealth.
And it is "cool" to be polite.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:12am On Aug 31, 2014
biafrandream:

The road from Enugu to Opi Nsukka is not urban road. The road from Akegbe Ugwu to Ihe, about 50km is not urban road. The road from Ozalla to Udi is not urban road. The road that traversed Orji River and stopped at the boundary between Enugu and Anambra is not urban road. There are so many that I cannot remember. If i were in Enugu I would have taken my time to take the pictures of all the rural roads done under Sullivan, so you can see. In this thread there is no propanda of any sought. It is just an insult to compare Sullivan with Peter Obi. How many private businesses has Sullivan since he became governor. Please name one. I am a million percent sure u do not know what you are saying. Don't forget that before Sullivan came into office, 80% of the roads in Enugu town were in bad condition. Sullivan did not just repair those roads but made some dual carriageway. I have always tried to avoid comparing one Igbo state with the other because such comparison does not edify anyone, it only brings discord. Please do not compare Sullivan and Peter Obi.

Its easy to deceive a gullible mind with a few flashy pictures and make them to start hallucinating like a mad person. Its an insult for you to pull that your filthy fingers and type this balderdash. Abeg,go inside the house and go do what you know best,which is cooking. Leave politics to discerning minds.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:25am On Aug 31, 2014
OreMI22:

Again, a typical response........

Shatap dia!.........Anambra is best ...... blah...bla....blah............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your inherent nature of deceit and empty boasts with nothing to show does not convince even a blind man. By the way, why always comparing yourselves to Enugu? Sullivan did his wonders with only N94 billion naira , but you have almost N150 billion to play with and nothing tangible to show.

Aroli and co, You guys should STOP MAKING NOISE! Simply open your own thread and SHOW US all these Anambra best,best,best blah blah blah... we can only hear about but not see !!!

Nobody is comparing Anambra to Enugu but you. Why ? Because you are obsessed with Anambra. Sullivan has done his best but to compare Obi to Sullivan is pure stupidity. Nobody is chest beating anything but the very existence of Anambra gives alot of people nightmares but we are here to stay. Anambra doesn't have to be like Enugu because IT IS NOT! Anambra is set up differently and we wont change just because we want to impress some irrelevant beings. Keep beautifying your Coal city while we develop our state.
Like I said,truth will come out because propaganda can only take you so far.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:32am On Aug 31, 2014
Enugu!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Aug 31, 2014
1. Igwe Edward Nnaji
2. C .C. Onoh
3. Akanu Ibiam
4. Sir Michael Okpara
5. Jim Nwobodo
6. Igwe Chime
7. Okwesilieze Nwodo
8. Ken Nnamani
9. Chimaroke Nnamani
10. Sullivan Chime
11. Ike Ekweremmadu

Who among these giants made the most important impact in Enugu development. Let's explore the contributions of our leaders. Good morning everyone grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:01am On Aug 31, 2014
spyder880: 1. Igwe Edward Nnaji
2. C .C. Onoh
3. Akanu Ibiam
4. Sir Michael Okpara
5. Jim Nwobodo
6. Igwe Chime
7. Okwesilieze Nwodo
8. Ken Nnamani
9. Chimaroke Nnamani
10. Sullivan Chime
11. Ike Ekweremmadu
Who among these giants made the most important impact in Enugu development. Let's explore the contributions of our leaders. Good morning everyone grin
Pls, what's ken Nnamani doing on that list. He has made no impact on Amaechi, Awkunanaw, talk more of Enugu. Igwe Edward Nnaji who donated fire and water has done more for Enugu than him. Ekweremadu should also not be on such a list. It's an insult on the others on the list.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimchimex(m): 6:09am On Aug 31, 2014
Jim Nwobodo still remain the best leader so far. He was the one that laid the foundation and master plan of the current Enugu. And he was able to this under the old Anambra. Jim Nwobodo still remain my best so far...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 6:50am On Aug 31, 2014
Afam4eva:
Pls, what's ken Nnamani doing on that list. He has made no impact on Amaechi, Awkunanaw, talk more of Enugu. Igwe Edward Nnaji who donated fire and water has done more for Enugu than him. Ekweremadu should also not be on such a list. It's an insult on the others on the list.

Ekweremadu is a federal lawmaker and doesn't control funds per se, so his influence won't go beyond making enabling laws, and thus there's a tendency to think of him as dispensable. Also because laws are intangible, it's hard to 'see' what he has done. Be that as it may, the groundwork that made Akanu Ibiam an int'l airport was perhaps his greatest achievement (this same groundwork was heretofore considered asking for too much by the owners of Nigeria). Also, the relocation of Bank of Industry from Umuahia to Enugu was not entirely because Enugu had better infrastructure. The proposed Flying School in Enugu, Army social establishments have their root in his laws. The Enugu-Abakaliki-Ikom-Bamenda highway has his insignia. If he had stalled for a second, that road could have become Makurdi-Oturkpo-Obudu-Bamenda highway. So also, the appointments of Chibuike Onu of Tetfund, Emeka Mba of NBC and others.

I'm rather glad that Spyder didn't mention Gil Nnaji. The only Ohyes member in the present Enugu state contingent.

Enugu politicians are constantly in touch with the needs of the people. Their competitiveness brings out the best in them. Sullivan and Ekweremadu have excelled in their appointmemts, despite now being at each other's throats. Except of course for Gil Nnaji who doesn't help the point I'm trying to make. I fail to understand how one can come from a line of distinguished administrators and technocrats, and yet choose to be mediocre.
Gil, if you're there, stand up and be counted!
The National Assembly is drawing to a close, what will you be remembered for, Gil?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Afam4eva:

If I did not put up the names of non performers, how could we appreciate the contributions of the performers.
Do you think there is any name I omitted among the greats?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2014
The massive transformation of Nowas junction Trans Ekulu Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:33am On Aug 31, 2014
Believe it or not, 5 commercial banks have set up shop in this 200 meter radius in the past 2 years alone. Na wao! cheesy

Zenith
UBA
Diamond
Fidelity
Afribank still completing their own.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chekitaut: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2014
Rain is going...Construction works will start soon.
Contact
Chekitaut Nig., & Co.
T: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565
BBM: 2BB4E2BF
Whatsapp: 08055545355, 08032887233

Buy 120tons of Granite, get FREE 30tons Stone Dust(Transport excluded)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TabletMan: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nobody is comparing Anambra to Enugu but you. Why ? Because you are obsessed with Anambra. Sullivan has done his best but to compare Obi to Sullivan is pure stupidity. Nobody is chest beating anything but the very existence of Anambra gives alot of people nightmares but we are here to stay. Anambra doesn't have to be like Enugu because IT IS NOT! Anambra is set up differently and we wont change just because we want to impress some irrelevant beings. Keep beautifying your Coal city while we develop our state.
Like I said,truth will come out because propaganda can only take you so far.
Frustrated Old man that's your opinion and your opinion is as good as nonsense since you've not been to Nigeria for the past ten years.

Now vamose from here and go look for peter obi's thread to sing your stupid praises.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1ReBoRn: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2014
chy101: Odinma AKA Alababoss..you are about to be buried.. cheesy

I promised you that you will be busted and you were busted.. cheesy cheesy

Just take a look at your picture..you really deserve our pity because you are actually a walking corpse..

Chinonso, Why do you want to mess up this lovely Enugu thread? Shame on you

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by manchy7531: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2014
chino na wa for you ooooo, u no try at all.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
passion007:

Ekweremadu is a federal lawmaker and doesn't control funds per se, so his influence won't go beyond making enabling laws, and thus there's a tendency to think of him as dispensable. Also because laws are intangible, it's hard to 'see' what he has done. Be that as it may, the groundwork that made Akanu Ibiam an int'l airport was perhaps his greatest achievement (this same groundwork was heretofore considered asking for too much by the owners of Nigeria). Also, the relocation of Bank of Industry from Umuahia to Enugu was not entirely because Enugu had better infrastructure. The proposed Flying School in Enugu, Army social establishments have their root in his laws. The Enugu-Abakaliki-Ikom-Bamenda highway has his insignia. If he had stalled for a second, that road could have become Makurdi-Oturkpo-Obudu-Bamenda highway. So also, the appointments of Chibuike Onu of Tetfund, Emeka Mba of NBC and others.

I'm rather glad that Spyder didn't mention Gil Nnaji. The only Ohyes member in the present Enugu state contingent.

Enugu politicians are constantly in touch with the needs of the people. Their competitiveness brings out the best in them. Sullivan and Ekweremadu have excelled in their appointmemts, despite now being at each other's throats. Except of course for Gil Nnaji who doesn't help the point I'm trying to make. I fail to understand how one can come from a line of distinguished administrators and technocrats, and yet choose to be mediocre.
Gil, if you're there, stand up and be counted!
The National Assembly is drawing to a close, what will you be remembered for, Gil?

very true.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
TabletMan: Frustrated Old man that's your opinion and your opinion is as good as nonsense since you've not been to Nigeria for the past ten years.

Now vamose from here and go look for peter obi's thread to sing your stupid praises.

Please,stop following around and quoting me as if your life depends on my comments.
Enough,already. And if I ever quote you again then you can call me a fool.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
spyder880: 1. Igwe Edward Nnaji
2. C .C. Onoh
3. Akanu Ibiam
4. Sir Michael Okpara
5. Jim Nwobodo
6. Igwe Chime
7. Okwesilieze Nwodo
8. Ken Nnamani
9. Chimaroke Nnamani
10. Sullivan Chime
11. Ike Ekweremmadu

^^^I'll go with Dr M I Okpara. He did much for laying a foundation for development on which the entire old Eastern Region is still building on today! I have a lot of respect for that man!!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
IGBOSON1:
^^^I'll go with Dr M I Okpara. He did much for laying a foundation for development on which the entire old Eastern Region is still building on today! I have a lot of respect for that man!!

Yes, M.I. Okpara laid Enugu's master plan - Independence Layout, Emene & other places. One reason why Enugu might be better planned than Ibadan, Kaduna - or other former regional capitals. Enugu hasn't even achieved one tenth on what is on M.I's master plan.

M.I was building an Eastern Region with two major cities: Enugu & Port Harcourt. Unfortunately, the Nigerian Civil War came & spoiled things.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TabletMan: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Please,stop following around and quoting me as if your life depends on my comments.
Enough,already. And if I ever quote you again then you can call me a fool.
Lolz...

E pain am gringrin

I don't expect you to quote me back cos your post are normally senseless but trust me, I will keep on to dey follow you on every thread to put you in your normal place.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
TabletMan: Lolz...

E pain am gringrin

I don't expect you to quote me back cos your post are normally senseless but trust me, I will keep on to dey follow you on every thread to put you in your normal place.
Chai! gringringrin Bros, when i come to Awka next week, i must see you, we must enter somewhere for a bottle of ooh Mpa! cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TabletMan: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
INNOisBACK: Chai! gringringrin Bros, when i come to Awka next week, i must see you, we must enter somewhere for a bottle of ooh Mpa! cheesy
No wahala my nigga.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
From the hometown of Spyder880, bad roads never ever done before. We have been neglected by all past and present state administrations. A food basket like Nomeh Unateze is languishing in abject underdevelopment owing to a policy of negligence.

When will the roads from Nara-Mburubu-Nomeh-Nenwe be done. There is zero government presence here. This is Nkanu East local government area. I was in my village earlier today and the story is still the same. Governor Sullivan, please come to our rescue.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (710) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.