Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,917 members, 7,879,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:24 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1815678 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WarriPikin1: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
spyder880: @ Odenigbo aroli, van bonattel, please lets try and be civil. Please keep to the topic, thanks.

Abeg Spyder880, don't mind them. Some of these people are not even Igbos. Me sef, i love Enugu and your project here die.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
Warri _Pikin:

Abeg Spyder880, don't mind them. Some of these people are not even Igbos. Me sef, i love Enugu and your project here die.
who u be?wafi abi isoko?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WarriPikin1: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2012
Da infamous: who u be?wafi abi isoko?
No i be bonafide Itsekiri boy. But i went to school in Ebonyi State University, Presco Campus Abakaliki. So i know Enugu very very well.That where we rocked parties!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:15am On Nov 25, 2012
Onlytruth: Spyder880 thanks for all the pictures. Enugu has never let us down. I'm truly grateful to Chime for opening up Enugu for real development.
His tenure will encourage the next governor to aim higher.

Waiting (with the rest of my brothers) for the airport pictures. cool

Thank you sir. The airport for you sir.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:25am On Nov 25, 2012
more

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:34am On Nov 25, 2012
car park 1

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:43am On Nov 25, 2012
passage

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:47am On Nov 25, 2012
Arik just landed

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:59am On Nov 25, 2012
car park 2

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:05am On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks for the effort Spyder.

The construction (from my laymans point of view) looks ok......but jeez are these guys slow! ; i mean, if they were any slower they'd make a snail look like Usain Bolt in comparison. And there i was hoping they'd finish everything in time for the Christmas rush.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:05am On Nov 25, 2012
arrivals

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:10am On Nov 25, 2012
I hope the finished product wouldn't have the roofs beams and roofing exposed like that; that's not how it looks in the renders.

The contractor should make sure the finishing is top-notch, and pay particular attention to areas like the public utilities and flooring.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igboboy1(m): 4:21am On Nov 25, 2012
Da infamous: who u be?wafi abi isoko?

ah is wafi an ethnic group? Na wa for naija people, una no sabi your country at all... Its like saying are you lagos or are you yoruba?

In waff town we have itsekiri, urhobo and Ijaw as the indigenious groups that make waff town.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 6:27am On Nov 25, 2012
spyder Nwanne m, thank you very much. The work is growing better everyday. From the pictures, work has gone to an advance stage more the your previous visit to the airport. but from what you see there, is the terminal a one storey building? Looking very properly, you could see that from the outside, it is a one storey but from the inside, it is not. but thanks for the effort though.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 6:32am On Nov 25, 2012
This is the picture that am talking about. from outside, it looks like one storey building but from inside just like you are looking at it now, it is not. am seeing the roof which means no other decking on top. Spyder, what can you say about it?

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 6:36am On Nov 25, 2012
it still might not be ready by december unless the minister come for a visit. The should take their time and make it quality instead of rushing it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
spyder880:

Thank you sir. The airport for you sir.
Oga spyder, I hope you are learning one or two things from the building technique being used here or you already know it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yes the international airport is good and highly needed. But am not impressed with the design and the on goin work. To me, the quality of work is poor and snail is even faster than them.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
blink182: Oga spyder, I hope you are learning one or two things from the building technique being used here or you already know it.

I will take my time and study the building in detail later.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 2:50am On Nov 26, 2012
Wonder if the passengers can board the aircraft directly from the terminal building without having to walk to the plane, that will really be nice.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:37am On Nov 26, 2012
eaglechild: Wonder if the passengers can board the aircraft directly from the terminal building without having to walk to the plane, that will really be nice.

^^^Bros, i think you're refering to jetways......that would be nice and bring the airport terminal fuctionality up to date, but i don't think (going by what we see so far) that they have that in mind; the terminal building would have to be at least a story high for it to work.

They installed some at Asaba airport (as an afterthought, as it wasn't in the original design), and that is the way modern airports should be; but don't ask for too much b/4 they say we're being greedy....we should be happy with the one we've been given so far and not be an 'Oliver twist'. wink

Pic attached is Asaba airport during construction, and it illustrates my point.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2012
We have had a dull moment in this thread now. It seems like the airport pictures is what we all are waiting to see. If am chanced, i will visit the airport when i return to take pix.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
There is increase in the traffic at Ogui road junction, maybe we shall find a solution to this in the not too distant time.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:33am On Nov 28, 2012
spyder880: There is increase in the traffic at Ogui road junction, maybe we shall find a solution to this in the not too distant time.

Spyder,
Is there a chance you can take pictures of the International conference center still under construction and the State Library.Both around the Okpara square area. Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HighChief4(m): 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
spyder880: There is increase in the traffic at Ogui road junction, maybe we shall find a solution to this in the not too distant time.

Ogui rd is always a busy road. What could be the cause of the traffic this time? Maybe the gas stations. Something has to be done swiftly sha
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Bros, i think you're refering to jetways......that would be nice and bring the airport terminal fuctionality up to date, but i don't think (going by what we see so far) that they have that in mind; the terminal building would have to be at least a story high for it to work.

They installed some at Asaba airport (as an afterthought, as it wasn't in the original design), and that is the way modern airports should be; but don't ask for too much b/4 they say we're being greedy....we should be happy with the one we've been given so far and not be an 'Oliver twist'. wink

Pic attached is Asaba airport during construction, and it illustrates my point.
Thanks for throwing more light.

I dont think the jetways will be asking for too much since it is an international airport.
It should be standard.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
What advice would you give for people looking to relocate to enugu? It's one of few of my destinations of choice to settle down.

How good is the market for small business and what industries are active (I heard Nollywood, hospitality, and to a some extent, publishing and books)? And are we likely to find young transplants from other regions there?

What about social scene, lifestyle and arts? Leisurely things to do?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 29, 2012
Nnenna

The state is still a virgin land for investment. You can start up a business in any of those areas you mentioned.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
Opi hill cutting along ugwoke-opi nsukka road
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Opi nsukka

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
joeluv: Opi nsukka

^^^Joelurve, that looks like some quality work going on there; is it a state or federal gov't project, and who's the contractor?......you know?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
It's an Enugu state government project, think its arab Arab contractor's handling project

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (710) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.