Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1812672 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:04am On Jun 22
Objectivist04:

The road from ugwuogo park through ugbene 1 to timber market is abandoned.

The amuri road from nowas stopped in front of MTN office and from there to Texaco junction seems to be abandoned.

After sand filling obinagu road , it was left like that for almost two months now

These are short short roads the longest is ugwuogo ugbene that is not more than 2.5 km
Nowas is about 1.5 km , obinagu is about 800 meters, roads that ordinary shouldn't take More than 3 months to complete.

Honestly Ugwuanyi is more serious when it comes to project execution, Mba seems to be sleeping on the job.

This is noted. I will bring this up to the appropriate authority
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:36am On Jun 22
Objectivist04:

Hmmmmm
Ugwuanyi had already started mediocre project with his one storey blocks of flat like buildings with red roof, l don't think Mba will do any better.

They need to go to North and see how public buildings are designed , our governors are too local for my liking only Sullivan stood out.

Can you imagine Ugwuanyi renovating house of assembly complex with visible roof ? If okpara could come up with world class design 60 years ago, why should ugwuanyi take us back in 21st century.
He also roofed the international conference center with a visible roof made of red faded roofing sheets, I don't know if that style of roofing was the original plan but I doubt
We claim to be the most traveled people in the world but it doesn't really reflect in our place.
Mbah to an extent have better taste than ugwuanyi tho. I believe that his projects will be better by by far

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:38am On Jun 22
Ariaria own is cool but something better than that will be appreciated
christejames:

I read somewhere that Mba is planning to build a new modern market in Nsukka undecided

I hope they make a cutting edge design for the 21st century or at least, the kind of New Ariara International Market being constructed at Aba.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:40am On Jun 22
christejames:

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think the design will be cutting edge... Another bricks and rectangle common design I guess.
@digitron, since you are close to the govt, please tell them that need something modern. We are tired of the nonsense we keep seeing in the east. Other Part of the country have better looking public buildings compared to US that claimed to be most traveled and exposed

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:41am On Jun 22
Objectivist04:

Some of his roads in Abakpa appers to have been abandoned
I heard that some contractors works were revoked due to poor works.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:43am On Jun 22
Objectivist04:
One year has gone but the governor that promised to construct 10,000 kilometers of roads in 8 years has not done up to 100 kilometers.

I have never seen any government that took enugu people for granted like this man, made bogus promises but don't even care to fulfill half of them.

No major road project is going on in the entire state just few street roads that he always reduce Thier width.

Mba might end up as a failure
Major road projects are currently going on in the enugu state. I think you need to come to Twitter, you will get more updates from there better
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 12:24pm On Jun 22
oilykid:

I heard that some contractors works were revoked due to poor works.
Unless that is the case because I know road projects Abakpa being handled by eketeson a Nike son being abandoned for months now.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 1:39pm On Jun 22
oilykid:

Major road projects are currently going on in the enugu state. I think you need to come to Twitter, you will get more updates from there better
Pls if you know people in charge ask them to create a Facebook page so we can follow,. The aim of all these is to convey massage and Facebook has more users than any social media platform.
Kepukepu is in charge of Abia development page on Facebook while Anambra first son is in charge of that of Anambra state and they are projecting their states in positive way and that is why I know what is happening in Abia than enugu.

Let them come down to Facebook and be showcasing those projects there, maybe I will tell Reuben Onyishi about it when I chat him on Facebook because it is directly under him.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:27pm On Jun 22
Objectivist04:

The road from ugwuogo park through ugbene 1 to timber market is abandoned.

The amuri road from nowas stopped in front of MTN office and from there to Texaco junction seems to be abandoned.

After sand filling obinagu road , it was left like that for almost two months now

These are short short roads the longest is ugwuogo ugbene that is not more than 2.5 km
Nowas is about 1.5 km , obinagu is about 800 meters, roads that ordinary shouldn't take More than 3 months to complete.

Honestly Ugwuanyi is more serious when it comes to project execution, Mba seems to be sleeping on the job.

When last did you pass through these roads?

The information I am getting on them is different from what you wrote here?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Objectivist04: 8:56pm On Jun 22
Digitron:

When last did you pass through these roads?

The information I am getting on them is different from what you wrote here?
Two weeks ago
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Roguemind: 7:39am On Jun 23
Enugu like Europe

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 9:18am On Jun 23
Roguemind:
Enugu
Best city in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Rgades: 11:07am On Jun 23
Coal city 🌃

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Rgades: 11:08am On Jun 23
More Enugu 📷

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Localemperor: 10:14am On Jun 24
There is this project going on in Nkanu East ( I have seen that of Ugbawka precisely ), installing of solar street light through out the whole town. According to the sign post, it's a federal project attracted by the house of Representative member representing Nkanu East..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:32am On Jun 25
Digitron. Have work started on the bus terminals??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:50am On Jun 25
oilykid:

Given the speed with which they carried out the demolitions, it would be surprising if they haven't!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:12am On Jun 25
LOVEALAIGBO:

Given the speed with which they carried out the demolisions, it would be surprising if they haven't!
I'm surprised, I was thinking that they would start the project immediately after demolition.

I read that they are planning on relocating that prison out of enugu city. That will really be a good move

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:48am On Jun 25
oilykid:

As at today, No
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:49am On Jun 25
oilykid:

I'm surprised, I was thinking that they would start the project immediately after demolition.

I read that they are planning on relocating that prison out of enugu city. That will really be a good move

Yes, it is an FG project. Most of the prisons in urban centres will be moved including Ikoyi, Suleja and Enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:58am On Jun 25
Digitron:

As at today, No
What's delaying it ??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:49pm On Jun 25
oilykid:

@digitron, since you are close to the govt, please tell them that need something modern. We are tired of the nonsense we keep seeing in the east. Other Part of the country have better looking public buildings compared to US that claimed to be most traveled and exposed
Most buildings are done by private individuals sha
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25
Digitron:

Yes, it is an FG project. Most of the prisons in urban centres will be moved including Ikoyi, Suleja and Enugu
Unless the new prison have been constructed, I don't expect them to move anything in the next 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:54pm On Jun 25
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

I think you should keep the congratulations until the project come to reality
Yup. No reason to dey congratulate on top 3d renders
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25
ottersberger:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt until I arrived in Enugu 3 weeks ago. This administration has been a disgrace so far. The roads in Enugu are an eyesore and there is no sign of visible progress on the water supply, only stories and contrary to your claim and that of Governor Peter Mba's obviously paid media representatives.

We are obviously wrong again in Enugu, no doubt, considering that the word on the street is that this election was also stolen.

Have you been to Kenyatta street lately?. What is governor Mbah really doing with the increased IGR and statutory federal allocation?.
When last did you come to Enugu before 3 weeks ago? Unless you're insinuating that the roads in Enugu turned to an eyesore in one year
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 2:20pm On Jun 25
melodyogonna:

Most buildings are done by private individuals sha
I'm referring to the public buildings here that is buildings constructed by the govt, both local and state govt projects

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.