Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,597 members, 7,921,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

OBJ In Yoruba History - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ In Yoruba History (3171 Views)

Pictures Of Obj In Senegal / "leave Our Country", Protesters Tell Obj In Senegal / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
ekt_bear: I like OBJ. But while his actions were probably good overall for Nigeria as a whole, I'm not sure they were great for Yorubaland specifically.

So, mixed feelings on the guy.

You give OBJ too much credit. He is a crafty self-serving monster.

OBJ has spent his lifetime protecting his legacy; and to do that, he had to ensure that those more capable than him did not get to positions of power.
He joined others in preventing Awo in 1979 and he also came up with the Interim National Government in 1993 to prevent IBB from handing over to MKO after General Ishola Williams gave IBB a final ultimatum.

In his second stint as president, OBJ found credible and competent ministers from other regions such as El Rufai, Ribadu, Okonjo-Iweala, Oby, Dora but could only find Yoruba dullards such as fani kayode, Aborishade. He also, notoriously found the illiterate thief, Patricia Etteh. Worse still, OBJ selected a gang of thieves and thugs for all the South Western states such as Daniel, Oyinlola, Akala, Fayose, Bode George, etc who did more damage at a regional level.

Lastly, to protect his legacy as president, he ensured that the slow and dying Yaradua as well as the cowardly and incompetent GEJ would take over from him when there were more capable hands such as Donald Duke (who I wasn't too impressed with but who nevertheless would have proven more capable than those selected by OBJ). It is no wonder that despite squandering the economic ascension that Nigeria started to reap from democracy, OBJ is still regarded as the best president Nigeria has had. What a shame when you consider that OBJ stole in excess of $16B meant for the power sector, an act that has ensured that Nigeria cannot keep up with developmental progress of other hitherto 3rd world nations.

No sir, there is little to be admired or liked about OBJ.

edit

4 Likes

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Ufeolorun(m): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
Katsumoto

You give OBJ too much credit. He is crafty self-serving monster.

OBJ has spent his lifetime protecting his legacy; and to that he had to ensure that those more capable than him did not get to positions of power.
He joined others in preventing Awo in 1979 and he also came up with the Interim National Government in 1993 to prevent IBB from handing over to MKO after General Ishola Williams gave IBB a final ultimatum.

In his second stint as president[b], OBJ found credible and competent ministers from other regions [/b]such as El Rufai, Ribadu, Okonjo-Iweala, Oby, Dora but could only find Yoruba dullards such as fani kayode, Aborishade. He also, notoriously found the illitrate thief, Patricia Etteh. Worse still, OBJ selected a gang of thieves and thugs for all the South Western states such as Daniel, Oyinlola, Akala, Fayose, Bode George, etc who did more damage at a regional level.

OBJ loves been seen as a nationalist probably because his relevance comes from the center and we proved that again when he contested and the whole west queued behind Olu Falea he needed to make friends from somewhere else as usual,to be fair to baba he had Bode Augusto from Lagos(only Oby is comparable to him) at the budget office and i think he was one of the finest people he had.He was almost made finance minister by Yara dua but the sappy-head senators said he was too arrogant(too classy for those thugs).

Lastly, to protect his legacy as president, he ensured that the slow and dying Yaradua as well as the cowardly and incompetent GEJ would take over from him when there were more capable hands such as Donald Duke (who I wasn't too impressed with but who nevertheless would have proven more capable than those selected by OBJ. It is no wonder that despite squandering the economic ascension that Nigeria started to reap from democracy, OBJ is still regarded as the best president Nigeria has had. What a shame when you consider that OBJ stole in excess of $16B meant for the power sector, an act that has ensured that Nigeria cannot keep up with developmental progress of other hitherto 3rd world nations.

Valid proof that he's self-serving and insecure
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2012
we need more views abt obj
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
It seems some people have a problem with OBJ because he was a pro-Nigerian and not a regional bigot like Awo and co. Her may not be without stains but after Zik, I consider him the most nationalistic leader Nigeria has ever had.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by T9ksy(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2012
And how has Nigeria fared under/after his 8yr rule? Nationalistic, indeed!

afam4eva: It seems some people have a problem with OBJ because he was a pro-Nigerian and not a regional bigot like Awo and co. Her may not be without stains but after Zik, I consider him the most nationalistic leader Nigeria has ever had.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Pukkah: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
ekt_bear: I like OBJ. But while his actions were probably good overall for Nigeria as a whole, I'm not sure they were great for Yorubaland specifically.

So, mixed feelings on the guy.

His actions were good for Nigeria as a whole? I don't think so. If his actions weren't good for Yorubaland then we should be able to determine which part of the country benefitted. Afterall, the country consisted of six zones under him. Which of the zones benefitted from his 'famed' "Nigerianness"; whatever that means?

Overall, considering the fact that he spent eight yeears, did he leave behind a sound succession planning, massive infrastructure - power, roads, security, health, education, etc;fight against corruption or electoral reforms, cordial inter-governmental relationship (especially the executive and legislature)?

In conclusion, what matters most to Olusegun Obasanjo is the interest of Olusegun Obasanjo and not any part of anywhere.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 3:58am On Jul 08, 2012
you shd realise he inherited a rotten system that required a general ovehaul.
you require economic stability before growth and before eembarking on any project. time constraint was the major factor hence his limited achievement.

check the current govt with almost 2.5B dollar bugdet for a region, one of his major problems and why he was tagged a regional leader
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by ektbear: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2012
hmm

I guess I'll need to return to this thread a bit later when I have time. I still don't really agree with you guys, though
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by VoodooDoll(m): 9:07am On Jul 08, 2012
Nicely put, OBJ is the godfather of the buffoon, and his league of buffoons currently in power.

Katsumoto:

OBJ has spent his lifetime protecting his legacy; and to that he had to ensure that those more capable than him did not get to positions of power.

In his second stint as president, OBJ found credible and competent ministers from other regions such as El Rufai, Ribadu, Okonjo-Iweala, Oby, Dora but could only find Yoruba dullards such as fani kayode, Aborishade. He also, notoriously found the illitrate thief, Patricia Etteh. Worse still, OBJ selected a gang of thieves and thugs for all the South Western states such as Daniel, Oyinlola, Akala, Fayose, Bode George, etc who did more damage at a regional level.

Lastly, to protect his legacy as president, he ensured that the slow and dying Yaradua as well as the cowardly and incompetent GEJ would take over from him when there were more capable hands such as Donald Duke (who I wasn't too impressed with but who nevertheless would have proven more capable than those selected by OBJ. It is no wonder that despite squandering the economic ascension that Nigeria started to reap from democracy, OBJ is still regarded as the best president Nigeria has had. What a shame when you consider that OBJ stole in excess of $16B meant for the power sector, an act that has ensured that Nigeria cannot keep up with developmental progress of other hitherto 3rd world nations.

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
let us concentrate on issues not abuse. It would help us view situations objectively.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by isalegan2: 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
ekt_bear: hmm

I guess I'll need to return to this thread a bit later when I have time. I still don't really agree with you guys, though

No worries, Ekiti Panda Bear. wink

Go ahead and ask your dad to reminisce about the days of OBJ from '76! Come back and break it down for us once you get the straight d.o.p.e. tongue

Katsumoto:

Ah! Good one.

P.S.
As they say, Na Wa for this NL word filter o. I typed 'straight d.o.pe' and it changed it to 'drugs.' undecided
http://www.straightdope.com/
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=straight%20dope
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva: It seems some people have a problem with OBJ because he was a pro-Nigerian and not a regional bigot like Awo and co. Her may not be without stains but after Zik, I consider him the most nationalistic leader Nigeria has ever had.

Your comment is disappointing but not surprising.

Others have articulated reasons why OBJ failed Nigeria as a leader and how he led to the regression of development in the region he is from and yet you had to resort to sectionalism in your response. What would have been a credible response would have been to articulate first, his achievements and second, how successful his handpicked governors such as Daniel, Oyinlola, Akala, etc in the SouthWest were.

What some of you fail to comprehend is that Awo was an elected regional leader and hence why his achievements were restricted to his region while those you tout as national leaders were failures nationally. To surmise, a successful and achieving regional leader is significantly better than corrupt and visionless national leaders. It is Nigeria's and Nigerians loss that Awo was never president. I only need refer you to the colonial secretary's (Lennox-Boy) assessments of Nigeria in 1957 and Harold Macmillan's (British Prime Minster) comment about Awo.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
kunlekunle: you shd realise he inherited a rotten system that required a general ovehaul.
you require economic stability before growth and before eembarking on any project. time constraint was the major factor hence his limited achievement.

check the current govt with almost 2.5B dollar bugdet for a region, one of his major problems and why he was tagged a regional leader

You mean 8 years is not enough to provide power in Nigeria? Japan turned off all its nuclear reactors after the earthquake last year and yet it hasn't suffuered from recurring power outages. OBJ had the time and resources to do something credible.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by joeyfire(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Obasanjo is a plague from hell. The mans antecedents in 1979, 1993 aside, what he did ito this fourth republic is what he will receive divine judgment for. When we were still fresh from military rule and the politicians were not sure if they would be able to steal as usual, obj handed over bags of cash to house of reps members and the signal to start looting went far and wide. till date the madness has continued

2 Likes

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by ektbear: 12:58am On Jul 09, 2012
isale_gan2:

No worries, Ekiti Panda Bear. wink

Go ahead and ask your dad to reminisce about the days of OBJ from '76! Come back and break it down for us once you get the straight d.o.p.e. tongue

Haha my pops is an OBJ stan
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 5:28am On Jul 09, 2012
Katsumoto:

You mean 8 years is not enough to provide power in Nigeria? Japan turned off all its nuclear reactors after the earthquake last year and yet it hasn't suffuered from recurring power outages. OBJ had the time and resources to do something credible.

the last period we enjoyed uninterrupted supply was 84/85. i remembered ibb's comment when asked about his unimplemeted agenda by soyinka, he said so many toes were on the way.
bro, it takes years to clear those toes.
maybe if gej had not gotten a driving tutor we would be on a visible course, why his vision failed
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 6:26am On Jul 09, 2012
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin LOL

smh for you.

why u dey shake your head
(smh) shaking my head
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by joeyfire(m): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2012
How did I forget to add that Obj in his usual pattern of bullying, witheld Lagos state monthly allocation and drove lagosians into the arms of a new overlord called tinubu
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by MightySparrow: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2012
OBJ is the biggest fool Yorubaland has ever produced if he is a true Yoruba man. First of all he is using his power to suPport a non - existent Nigeria. The founding father merely. Agreed to one Nigeria because they were fighting a common enemy: British colonial masters. Shortly after, their true beliefs and values led to civil war which success would have ended Nigeria dilemma.
Secondly, it is OBJ that has rubbished the institutions built by ingenuity of great Yoruba leaders like AWo and his group, the values that have put sw in leadership position forget about who occupies ASO rock. Even. Now the legacy of awo still speaks today. Legacy of his counterparts? I think there is nothing phenomenal.
OBj gave away the sweat of his people and religious belief to federal government: the missionary schools, the liberty stadium, OAU in Ile - Ife to mention a few, the attempt to replace free education to his moribund ' qualitative education', his alliance to his northern brothers who suppress their own people criminally to make them dregs of Nigeria society in their Poverty Development Party. He can only be leader in an unorganised global Nigeria not a sophisticated, organised SW. Is he not a fool?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by MightySparrow: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2012
afam4eva, you are a fool like ZIK was once. Awo saw farther and clearer than ZIK and put mechanisms in place to build his own people. This is real symbol of leadership: ability to know how to make profit in a deal and pursue it to your own benefit. ZIK's short sightedness earned Igbos civil war in many more of his people died than those whose revenge started the war. Till today Igbos want Biafra. Kudos to Ojukwu who saw things differently. To be honest, when are we going to have an Igbo president? Who will allow him. The northern elements that foster hot bitterness against them? If Nigeria break up today Igbos will be worst losers - the big investments, businesses outside their region etc. How many northerners have edifices in other parts of the country as southerners have is the north? The schools, hotels, hospitals, supermarkets etc.

Every nationalist is a fool and if you are, you are a bigger fool building on mistake of others. No doubt about it, they were sincere and honest and accommodating in their ideology. Only that they were.sincerely Wrong. The north has been consistent and pursued their agenda of rulership and islamising Nigeria when an emir will replace in Onitsha or awujale in ijebu - Ode. BH bombing is a campaign toward that as the jihad of uthman Dan Fodio before colonial era. Any self acclaimed nationalist is a self deluded one no matter what age or status he is simply a fool in his own paradise.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by juman(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
Mighty Sparrow:
Any self acclaimed nationalist is a self deluded one no matter what age or status he is simply a fool in his own paradise.

Agreed.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
I think OBj should not be tagged a failure to yoruba land since he didn't lead any yoruba land..he should be judged on national duty,i.e president....we should not regionalize a national man.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by asha80(m): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
mighty sparrow i guess from your analysis that awo was also aspiring to be deluded since he wanted to become the president of nigeria?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
asha 80: mighty sparrow i guess from your analysis that awo was also aspiring to be deluded since he wanted to become the president of nigeria?

I get your point but let me provide an analogy to illustrate the options Awo faced.

A man is forced at gunpoint to get into a car by two other men but as soon as he got into the car, he realized that one couldn't drive and the other was drunk. He realizes that if he was going to survive, regardless of how long the journey was going to be, he had to offer to drive the car. Driving the car would have offered many advantages

1. Getting to the destination alive
2. Steering the car to a place where he escape (such as driving by a bridge and jumping into a river)
3. Won the affection of his abductors who may have given him his freedom or reduced the cost of granting him his freedom

Even though driving did not eliminate the risks to his life, he still had some control over his life.

Awo didn't want to be president of Nigeria; he wanted to be the president of Western Nigeria but once he realized that his destiny was tied to others, he had to do something to ensure his survival. Given the way Nigeria as been run since 1960 with many vision-less (can't drive) and corrupt (drunk) leaders, can you honestly blame Awo for trying to be president? I certainly cannot and will not.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2012
Katsumoto:

I get your point but let me provide an analogy to illustrate the options Awo faced.

A man is forced at gunpoint to get into a car by two other men but as soon as he got into the car, he realized that one couldn't drive and the other was drunk. He realizes that if he was going to survive, regardless of how long the journey was going to be, he had to offer to drive the car. Driving the car would have offered many advantages

1. Getting to the destination alive
2. Steering the car to a place where he escape (such as driving by a bridge and jumping into a river)
3. Won the affection of his abductors who may have given him his freedom or reduced the cost of granting him his freedom

Even though driving did not eliminate the risks to his life, he still had some control over his life.

Awo didn't want to be president of Nigeria; he wanted to be the president of Western Nigeria but once he realized that his destiny was tied to others, he had to do something to ensure his survival. Giving the way Nigeria as been run since 1960 with many vision-less (can't drive) and corrupt (drunk) leaders, can you honestly blame Awo for trying to be president? I certainly cannot and will not.

even with his sw presidential ambition, he couldnt create a political structure which created a vacuum in political leadership in sw.

his quest for sw leadership created the saga that led to shugaba of the previous alafin,
his policies were great for the sw but creating a political tdeology for sw is my concern.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
kunlekunle: [/b]

even with his sw presidential ambition, he couldnt create a political structure which created a vacuum in political leadership in sw.

his quest for sw leadership created the saga that led to shugaba of the previous alafin,
his policies were great for the sw but creating a political tdeology for sw is my concern.

And who says that Awo did not create a structure? Once Nigeria became a unitary state in 1966, whatever structure was in place became irrelevant because selfish, corrupt, and greedy individuals with no political ideology just went to the center because that's where the power was/is. The structure was in place but it was powerless against machinations at the center. Individuals who had hitherto been well trained and smart, abandoned principles because they believed that they had to be at the center to survive. They are/were partly right but not justified. Take a look at Ebenezer Babatope and Jakande who were raised in that philosophy but who still abandoned it for selfish motives. Is Babatope not a PDP stalwart today? Adedibu and Arisekola maintained power at the local level because they were empowered at the center. The people at the local level stand no chance; they remain poor if they maintain principle or become well to do, if they bend to the dictates of those at the center.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
hum
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 3:51am On Jul 10, 2012
Katsumoto:

And who says that Awo did not create a structure? Once Nigeria became a unitary state in 1966, whatever structure was in place became irrelevant because selfish, corrupt, and greedy individuals with no political ideology just went to the center because that's where the power was/is. The structure was in place but it was powerless against machinations at the center. Individuals who had hitherto been well trained and smart, abandoned principles because they believed that they had to be at the center to survive. They are/were partly right but not justified. Take a look at Ebenezer Babatope and Jakande who were raised in that philosophy but who still abandoned it for selfish motives. Is Babatope not a PDP stalwart today? Adedibu and Arisekola maintained power at the local level because they were empowered at the center. The people at the local level stand no chance; they remain poor if they maintain principle or become well to do, if they bend to the dictates of those at the center.

i'll relate all quoted pple with the daniels and others, all seeving thier pockets.
Do you not realise if alafin had been the sw leader and awo PM, we solid structure would have been created that would be continuos, create an ideology for sw politicians based on sw philosophy.
probabaly a group of omoluabis (moral elites) would be the custodian of the stucture, then some cant just raise his head any how.

whats your take on monarchy+elite+democracy to create system of govt especially in africa.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
kunlekunle:

i'll relate all quoted pple with the daniels and others, all seeving thier pockets.
Do you not realise if alafin had been the sw leader and awo PM, we solid structure would have been created that would be continuos, create an ideology for sw politicians based on sw philosophy.
probabaly a group of omoluabis (moral elites) would be the custodian of the stucture, then some cant just raise his head any how.

whats your take on monarchy+elite+democracy to create system of govt especially in africa.

Willie Sutton famously said 'because that's where the money is' when asked why he robbed banks. You can deliver whatever system you want in the SW but as long as power and money is at the center, then you are simply wasting your time because people at the regional level become dependent on the center.

Second, there are far too many kings in the SW for most to accept the Alaafin's authority, moreso because the Alaafin had lost power and influence at least over 150 years before independence. When the last Yoruba kingdoms warred, the Alaafin was a spectator.

With regards to your question about monarchy+elite+democracy, democracy is good but I do not believe in elites if they remain in office perpetually. A system that ensures the elites/senators are voted into office is good. As for a king over the SW, that idea is dead in the water. One of the reasons the Oyo empire did not make developmental headway when it was at the height of its power was because most Kings did not stay long enough to oversee periods of growth and development. One man at the top philosophy doesn't want with some groups such as the Yoruba, Igbo because others are constantly scheming to replace him but may work for other groups such as Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri who are more subservient to a perpetual lord. A president doesn't have that problem (at least in the developed world) because he/she has a defined term. Everybody lets him get on with his work knowing that his term will end.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
Katsumoto:

Willie Sutton famously said 'because that's where the money is' when asked why he robbed banks. You can deliver whatever system you want in the SW but as long as power and money is at the center, then you are simply wasting your time because people at the regional level become dependent on the center.

Second, there are far too many kings in the SW for most to accept the Alaafin's authority, moreso because the Alaafin had lost power and influence at least over 150 years before independence. When the last Yoruba kingdoms warred, the Alaafin was a spectator.

With regards to your question about monarchy+elite+democracy, democracy is good but I do not believe in elites if they remain in office perpetually. A system that ensures the elites/senators are voted into office is good. As for a king over the SW, that idea is dead in the water. One of the reasons the Oyo empire did not make developmental headway when it was at the height of its power was because most Kings did not stay long enough to oversee periods of growth and development. One man at the top philosophy doesn't want with some groups such as the Yoruba, Igbo because others are constantly scheming to replace him but may work for other groups such as Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri who are more subservient to a perpetual lord. A president doesn't have that problem (at least in the developed world) because he/she has a defined term. Everybody lets him get on with his work knowing that his term will end.

churchil was presented with Aritotle's works on ethics, he returned the book under a week, he said 'i thought through everything he wrote'. the guy concluded this guy had a strong traditional upbringing that reflects in his ethical values.
thats why i was of the notion of monarchy+democracy as in uk.
But in uk No prime minister can form a govt without the queens consent. he would seek permission and then form his govt. they dont practice absolute democracy
bro, democracy on its own i believe cant work hence most of these political instability in the country.
You 'll realise the quuen too has her own counsel for preservation and continuity of governance

when it comes to money making, you create it. thats what pdp is doing now, creating a capitalist system in the country.
check obj's wealth and other guys he created. ibb, dangote and others, boy, great wealth
if he was not back stabbed you would have seen the difference economically especially in ogun.

on oyo empire, it caved in on itself. internal strive between alafin and the oyomesi.
one clamouring for expansion , the other economic integration with the coast.
when the center could not hold thungs fell apart.

observation
why is sw failing in their quest of stepping out of the region?
the main question, why has individuals that attempts it fail (not accepted)
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
kunlekunle:

churchil was presented with Aritotle works on ethics, he returned the book under a week, he said 'i thought through everything he said'. the guy concluded this guy had a stong traditional upbringing that reflects in his ethical values.
thats why iwas of notion of monarchy+democracy as in uk.
No prime minister can form a govt in uk without the queens consent. he would seek permission and then form his govt.
bro, democracy on its own i believe cant work hence most of these political instability in the country.
You 'll realise the quuen too has her own counsel for preservation and continuity.

when it comes to money making, you create it. thats what pdp is doing now, creating a capitalist system in the country.
check obj's wealth and other guys he created. ibb, dangote and others, boy, great wealth
if he was not back stabbed you would have seen the difference economically especially in ogun.

A man only has principles when he is not hungry. With regards to your comment about the queen accepting a prime minister's proposal to form a government; that is all window dressing. A PM will propose to form a government based on an election. Second, does the president of the US asks a queen or king before forming a government? That it obtains in one place doesn't mean it must obtain in another place.

OBJ and PDP didn't create a capitalistic model, what they created is a 'donate to me and I will give you a monopoly' model. Creating a capitalistic system requires providing infrastructure and leveling the playing field. Instead in Nigeria, you have Otedola controlling Diesel, Dangote controlling Sugar, cement, and rice. IBB is not a businessman but a GREAT looter. In economics, there are no perfect markets but many developed nations try to have markets closer to perfection but sadly, Nigeria is extremely far from a perfect market.

In over 12 years, PDP has nothing to show with regards to infrastructure in Nigeria. Power is lacking, roads and airplanes are death traps, hospitals are non-existent; governors, ministers, senators, reps are looting the nation dry while not having the vision to lead and govern. PDP is a gang of hell-bound looters. They have no vision, are grossly incompetent and corrupt. They seek legal power using illegal means but with an ineffective police force and judiciary, who can check them?

As it turns out, you are just a PDP apologist. angry embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
In the context of Yoruba history, OBJ has played his part to the best of his ability which is way below par, compared to others who have done remarkably well under difficult circumstances.
In his second attempt at the presidency, he could have right all the wrongs he helped to pepertrate during the second republic in 1979.
His story will eventually be related to the 'son who told his birthright to an outsider'
In a pure democracy with no rigging, OBJ can't win even a local councillor election against the local hunting dog from his local consistuency.

Only, if only, Chief Olu Falae had won the election in 1999, maybe Nigeria would have achieved a little tangible of sustained development.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

kano bombing; Biafra zionist to send 500 military pilots for trianing in Israel / Gov. Fashola Inspect New Dalian Locomotive Trains For Lagos (Photos) / 2015: Buhari Must Become APC Presidential Candidate, Says Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.