Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,879 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 (6847 Views)

NNPC Fuel Depot In Kaduna On Fire (photos) / REGISTRATION Importers Game Challenge - N125,000 To Be Won / How To Set Up A Mini Kerosene Depot And Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by chuks49(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2012
LAGOS — Nigerians have been forced to pay as much as N150/litre of kerosene instead of the government subsidised rate of N50 because the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, chose to sell kerosene to depot owners rather than retail outlet owners as required of it.

A Report by the Technical Committee on Payment of Fuel Subsidies, submitted to Mr President and exclusively obtained by Vanguard, revealed that the NNPC flouted the policy on its monopoly to import kerosene, which comes in as Dual Purpose Kerosene, DPK, at subsidized rate to serve the masses.

Rather than deliver the product to retail outlet owners so that it could benefit the masses for which it was being subsidized, the NNPC, instead, chose to sell it for patronage, or what the committee described as “rent” to depot owners.

The struggle to buy Kerosene, an household commodity for cooking, becomes more challenging even at a NNPC petrol Station in Lagos. Photo by Lamidi Bamidele
The depot owners who got the product at N40.90/L ex-depot price, in turn sold it to marketers and retail owners at between N115 and N125/L depending on the operator, a development that led to the masses buying the product at 300 per cent increase at N150/L instead of the recommended price of N50/L.

“The distribution of DPK which was being imported solely by NNPC was skewed in favour of depot owners who have no retail outlets. Two-thirds of the kerosene sold by NNPC between 2009 and 2011 was sold to depot owners and “middle men” who in turn sold the product to owners of retail outlets at inflated prices of between N115.00 and N125.00 per litre (compared to the ex depot price of N40.90), leaving consumers to pay higher prices than the N50.00 per litre directed by Government,” the report said.

It added: “For several years now, the country has been incurring huge subsidy bills for kerosene and its citizens are not receiving the benefit – instead the country has been financing “rent” for the middlemen.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/the-big-kerosene-fraud-depot-owners-buy-at-n41-sell-n125/

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by donpeluchi(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria is a travesty of justice.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2012
bastard country!! wicked leaders leading mumu people!

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by souleymon(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2012
I had wondered why its more available to the depot tankers and not at filing station.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by mansuley: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2012
Nawaoo....Dey won't kill us in dis country. Useless morons

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by kiyosaki1(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2012
FRESH AIR! FRESH AIR!! FRESH AIR!!!
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by born2boink(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2012
engineerd: bastard country!! wicked leaders leading mumu people!
who are the mumu people? I thought sensible people make comment here, shit

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by fuke(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2012
Shoot them all

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by XFive: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2012
engineerd: bastard country!! wicked leaders leading mumu people!
Are you also a mumu or are you not a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by BENZINA(m): 8:01am On Jul 02, 2012
There we go again; another defraud on the Niger Delta"s region wealth, figli d" putana.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Demdem(m): 8:01am On Jul 02, 2012
chuks49:
Nigerians have been forced to pay as much as N150/litre of kerosene instead of the government subsidised rate of N50 because the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, chose to sell kerosene to depot owners rather than retail outlet owners as required of it.

Madueke (overseeing minister of NNPC and chairman of the board) knows about this and still felt it should continue. This is another reason why she should be sacked. its only a devilish woman that will support a process where the vulnerable poor who are in the majority are tormented for the benefit of the few rich.

4 Likes

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Ortis: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2012
Let me join d moving train.....nd loot money wit our leaders.....THEIVES
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2012
this happens under madam eyeballs watch, with her full knowledge.

yet, some will have us know she is the messiah of the oil sector, and unsackable!!.

i do not want to comment further... res ipsa loquitor

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 02, 2012
Indeed Nigeria Is A Failed Nation, Lacking The Required Fear Of GOD & Sincerity Of Purpose In All Her Undertakings
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by amor4ce(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2012
Can any NairaLander do any estimate of the total amount realized so far, even per month, from this kerosene fraud?
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Godmann(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2012
born2fuck: who are the mumu people? I thought sensible people make comment here, shit

Me and you are the mumu people. I am sure you are one because if you are nkit, you would have understood how the stupidity of we Nigerians (our actions and inactions)created the mess we are in.

Si You are Mumu and I am mumu until we clean up the mess we are in.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by johnson64(m): 8:15am On Jul 02, 2012
the leaders of this country are not doing the right thing

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by born2boink(m): 8:18am On Jul 02, 2012
Godman_n:

Me and you are the mumu people. I am sure you are one because if you are nkit, you would have understood how the stupidity of we Nigerians (our actions and inactions)created the mess we are in.

Si You are Mumu and I am mumu until we clean up the mess we are in.
and you called yourself Godman!!!!!!!
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by ayodeji1(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2012
Bastards!meaning they are robbing us from two angles,making money from the govt and from the people.this people needs to be gunned down.but what baffles me more is after this revelation,we will still be on the same level.nothing will be done about it.just like the vehicle plate number registration issue.isn't it better for us not to even know the gravity of what they are doing to us than to know and still keep mute?

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by wandeay: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2012
where government dey all dis while abi dem no knw b4?

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Ibukune(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2012
Ortis: Let me join d moving train.....nd loot money wit our leaders.....THEIVES

God in heaven served by the sufferin masses both xtian and muslim wud make d train crush u to death wen u are about to step into it, y nt think of †ЂΞ way forward, u can't add to dis countrys problem
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Donmeca(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2012
Buh we know this....we have always known all along that d private sector participation and govt has no bizness doing bizness hype have all bn a huge WASH! D govt cronies must make gains...at d expense of d masses and d nation.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by gbadexy(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2012
Leave the president out of this, much as I criticize his administration, this is clearly corruption from the NNPC.
I wonder what the phock the bleeping larmode is doing.
Do we still have antigraft body in this country at all.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Skmoda360(m): 9:13am On Jul 02, 2012
born2fuck: who are the mumu people? I thought sensible people make comment here, shit
i think he is part of the mumu ppl.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2012
So many fish brains on Nairaland, instead of seeking to know the depot owners who buy at such cheap rate and sell at exorbitant price, they are cursing each other.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Demdem(m): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2012
gbadexy: Leave the president out of this, much as I criticize his administration, this is clearly corruption from the NNPC.
I wonder what the phock the bleeping larmode is doing.
Do we still have antigraft body in this country at all.

why should we? is he claiming to be ignorant of the wrath going on in NNPC. What form of restructuring has he done so far (he promised this) in NNPC to mitigate things like this except the usual and normal sacking of NNPC officials.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by RichDad1(m): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: So many fish brains on Nairaland, instead of seeking to know the depot owners who buy at such cheap rate and sell at exorbitant price, they are cursing each other.
CAPITAL OIL angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Reference(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2012
johnson64: the leaders of this country are not doing the right thing

And you think all those plastic containers belong to people who use kerosine. No. They belong to yet another level of cartels. If you're not in the mafia your can gets kicked down the road. Its dog eats dog from top to bottom. At the top its called corruption. At the bottom its called survival.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Demdem(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2012
Rich Dad:
CAPITAL OIL angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

The owner of this company is even planning to contest for the governrship of Anambra state. Now we know where the bulk of his money comes from.
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by Ogbodavies(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2012
[quote author=Billyonaire]So many fish brains on Nairaland, instead of seeking to know the depot owners who buy at such cheap rate and sell at exorbitant price, they are cursing each other.[/quote
MOBIL OiL
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by mikerob116(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2012
N I G E R I A
where nothing works because of Very BAD Leadership!
Re: Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 by lacasa: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2012
These people just αve τ̅o be shot otherwise in the next 20years it will be our children on Nairaland cursing wt no action

(1) (2) (Reply)

Famous Brands Takes 49% Stake In Nigeria’s Mr Bigg’s / Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA / Best data plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.