Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,839 members, 7,898,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:32 AM

Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes (794 Views)

Buruji Kashamu Threathens To Commit Suicide / There Are Black Men Who Commit Crimes- Obama / How IGP Saved Me From Fraudulent Policemen Who Planned To Ruin Me Forever–doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Truequest(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2007
Robbers And Police As Accomplices

Quoted from http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=20897

The spate of robbery operations in the Lagos metropolis is alarming and seems to be sending wrong signals that police are helpless in combating the menace.
[i]The robberies have been attributed in part to the alleged collaboration between some bad eggs in the police force and some of the robbers. This was the allegation of a former Inspector General of Police.

Also, a robbery suspect who was arrested recently, corroborated this allegation by saying policemen connive with robbers.

The suspect confessed to the policemen at Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) at Adeniji-Adele that police officers often connived with them to rob.[/i]The suspect, Sunday a.k.a Eje-oto, 26, of no fixed address is the leader of a 10 man-gang who rob in Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan with sophisticated weapons.

He had been arrested and detained several times but later released.

Some of his accomplices, known as Settle, Chicken, Yellow, he said, were set ablaze by a mob when they were caught at the scene of a robbery.
In his confessional statement to the police, Eje-oto disclosed:

“I can’t be killed by bullets because it won’t penetrate. I just won’t stop robbery because it runs in my blood. I blame the whole thing on my mother. She never saw anything wrong in whatever I did because she is fully in support of me, whenever I go out to rob and come back with my loot.

“Policemen often gave us information on where to go and when the policemen are on our trail. They also share in our loot. I am not bothered about this arrest because I know too well that I will soon be let of the hook.

“I was arrested by the police based on the information given to the police by some informants.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2007
Seems plausible.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by mazaje(m): 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2007
Hmmm chie it really seems plausible, as long as hunger and poverty continues to run in the nation due to the selfishness and greediness of a few nigeria shall know no peace.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Truequest(m): 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2007
Admin thanks for the adjustment.
On the issue at hand, the only way out is a bold step towards reorganization of NPF. Not adding N10 to their salary no, make the job attractive to intelligent Nigerians, not drop outs who have nthing at stake. Let those who have their name to protect see reasons to join police. As I once stated; Nigerian youths will do every thing to join Scotland Yard but not NPF. The reason is simple package, motivation, insurance name it.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2007
Truequest:

Admin thanks for the adjustment.
On the issue at hand, the only way out is a bold step towards reorganization of NPF. Not adding N10 to their salary no, make the job attractive to intelligent Nigerians, not drop outs who have nthing at stake. Let those who have their name to protect see reasons to join police. As I once stated; Nigerian youths will do every thing to join Scotland Yard but not NPF. The reason is simple package, motivation, insurance name it.

I quite agree. The police force as it is today is a shame and needs serious help.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Mamajama(m): 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2007
wahala don start
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Truequest(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2007
A retired army colonel, who in his own words is not tired, engaged a band o f robbers who foolishly told him that, they were coming to his house. In the process two of the robbers were killed and one injured. The colonel said they cannot always have their way.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Afam(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2007
1. Nigerians should be allowed to carry arms

2. Anyone armed robber caught in any operation should be executed
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Truequest(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2007
Afam I fear that arms matter might turn to another thing entirely, though after some time things will normalize but b/4 then so many people would have been carelessly killed. Have you thought of those boys that run out looking for stones or stick to carry during fights. We will just be hearing gun shots. Men I think give or take it is dicey. Or perhaps if a robber knows that I have a gun he will think twice before coming to my house.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Afam(m): 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2007
Truequest:

Afam I fear that arms matter might turn to another thing entirely, though after some time things will normalize but b/4 then so many people would have been carelessly killed. Have you thought of those boys that run out looking for stones or stick to carry during fights. We will just be hearing gun shots. Men I think give or take it is dicey. Or perhaps if a robber knows that I have a gun he will think twice before coming to my house.

Dem say no who never experience fight dey talk say fight sweet.

Those that look for stones and sticks to use would not do so if they are certain that their opponents would use the same.

Agreed, some people will be careless but anyone wanting to use a gun on another will think twice if he/she knows that he may as well be shot in the process.

Can you imagine a gang of 4 people stopping, robbing and even killing people in commercial buses with up to 50 passengers, not fair at all.
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by folahann(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2007
I believe things will be okay one day
Re: Policemen Who Help Robbers To Commit Crimes by Truequest(m): 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2007
It might be ok to try it as a measure different to what we are used to. Can you believe I just read of another attack in Ikorodu?

(1) (Reply)

Etteh Back For House Sittings, Keeps To Self / Ehindero, Former Ig, In N950m Arms Contract Scam / Is Yar'adua Fading Out As Ibrahim Babangida Restarts His Presidential Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.