Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,959 members, 7,963,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:32 AM

Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* - Fashion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* (63820 Views)

Poll: Group 1

Oxone: 18% (117 votes)
Sexkillz: 6% (43 votes)
Inspired_M: 21% (136 votes)
Davidylan: 34% (225 votes)
Ikekings: 19% (125 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Group 2

Debosky: 14% (91 votes)
P.Wiz: 6% (42 votes)
London2lasgidi: 34% (224 votes)
Dammytex: 37% (241 votes)
Jimmy4x: 7% (47 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos From Mr And Miss Imo State Pageant Audition As Grand Finale Holds 16th / Handsome Felon Jeremy Meeks Lands Modelling Contract / The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (65) (Go Down)

Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
There's always going to be 'white speak' and 'black speak' in every multicultural country.

I'm tired of black people looking down on other black people because they have been whitewashed.

English is a bastard language, with Latin as its surrogate mother. grin

thou shalt not speaketh.. lmao.

Back to the jokes.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Ammyng(f): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
london2lasgidi: There's always going to be 'white speak' and 'black speak' in every multicultural country.

I'm tired of black people looking down on other black people because they have been whitewashed.

Back to the jokes.

Makes me wonder why you ain't writing in Yoruba
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
london2lasgidi:

You still don't get it, do you?

The so-called 'London Boys' speak with the right diction, but we just spiced it up with some Afro-Caribbean slangs; to make it more black. We gave it our own flavour, but still kept it in its original form.

I speak normal when I speak to white people, and we sound almost the same, with the same diction, but different tone.

I was ferried to london(I couldn't speak english), at first I couldn't understand the language. tongue In my mind, they spoke so fast but I caught on and learnt to speak better, I could now understand without having to ask twice. The issue here is, you said you spice it up to make it more black, how come many blacks who come over understand normal english but find it hard to decipher? Should it not be that, we find yours easier to understand? It is not black but ghetto.

There is no such thing as black speak and white speak. Just go school and learn, you will speak the right speak. Bwhahahahahahah!!
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
london2lasgidi: There's always going to be 'white speak' and 'black speak' in every multicultural country.

Back to the jokes.

Says those who look down on other blacks because they arent lightskinned enough or dont have curly (whitey) hair. grin
The level of hilarious nonsense on these boards is something else.

If you think English is a borrowed language then i wonder why you havent switched to yoruba or igbo.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
@Kandii @London

Yall both sound Ignorant from complete opposite ends of the spectrum

There is no such thing as "Speaking White"...

Stop associating "perfection" and "properly" with the White Race.

You are actually denigrating your own people with such flawed logic

What on earth does the phrase "speaking white" mean...

oh so Perfection= Whiteness?

And Imperfection= Blackness?

Smh...

"Speaking White"....No such thing you black fools...Pure utter Fallacy.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

Bullsh!t! Everywhere you go in england, there is a different accent but lets talk about london. London has a recognisable accent in general but you also have the ghetto london accent where everything is pronounced with an "ah", that butter accent I gave"boh-ah". It's disgusting!

Dumbas$, so because I don't say "bruvv, blad, nucca, wagwan", I am an uncle tom? Seriously, go school.

No one is saying speak white but speak correct english. Many black men are born in posh areas with the posh accents, I bet you did make fun of them saying they are uncle toms. Get the Bleep out of here with your "WE, LONDON BLACK PEOPLE SPEAK EBONICS"

you dey crase? cheesy

Ya, dig my nucca. tongue

Those are slangs.. And we don't say "ya dig?" That's an American slang.

London accent can also be classified into: East London accent, West London accent, South London accent, and North London accent..

Black people from South London have the thickest English accent in London..

Black people from East London sound proper cockney.

Black people from West London sound normal.

Black people from North London speak the most plain English accent.

It depends on where you live; but what they all have in common is the use of black slangs.

Where do you live in London?
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by MrsChima(f): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ammyng: Who else speaks white here apart from Kandiikane and Royal grin grin

I speak freedom means i speak how i want and when i want.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

I was ferried to london(I couldn't speak english), at first I couldn't understand the language. tongue In my mind, they spoke so fast but I caught on and learnt to speak better, I could now understand without having to ask twice. The issue here is, you said you spice it up to make it more black, how come many blacks who come over understand normal english but find it hard to decipher? Should it not be that, we find yours easier to understand? It is not black but ghetto.

There is no such thing as black speak and white speak. Just go school and learn, you will speak the right speak. Bwhahahahahahah!!

I wonder! When i came to the US, i could understand the whites perfectly from day 1, the blacks were a completely different story. They seemed to speak a form of English language invented in the moon.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
Which one be grammer again na.se no be most handsome una dey find?this guy is the most handsome & speaks very fluent english.he is far more handsome than all the nominees I see here.

Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
dayokanu:

I am not happy sad

sorry, ehn.

I saw you cheating on me so me too wan try some suga elsewhere grin
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
davidylan:

I wonder! When i came to the US, i could understand the whites perfectly from day 1, the[b] blacks were a completely different story. They seemed to speak a form of English language invented in the moon.[/b]

lol^.....
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
davidylan:

I wonder! When i came to the US, i could understand the whites perfectly from day 1, the blacks were a completely different story. They seemed to speak a form of English language invented in the moon.

lmaooooo!

Abeg, lets talk about this your kingdom. I want to be the first v!rgin maiden to lie on the king's bed. tongue
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
BOUNTYDOG: Which one be grammer again na.se no be most handsome una dey find?this guy is the most handsome & speaks very fluent english.he is far more handsome than all the nominees I see here.

Even Dr Sid go take hiatus from music to deal with that man's teeth.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
davidylan:

Says those who look down on other blacks because they arent lightskinned enough or dont have curly (whitey) hair. grin

If you think English is a borrowed language then i wonder why you havent switched to yoruba or igbo.

I never said English was a 'borrowed' language; I said English is a BASTARD language.

Basically, I don't have a problem with the way people speak it as long as I can understand them. If you're of the opinion that the English language has to be in its pure form, then we all have to go back to the Shakespearean English. Which means; American English, Australian English, and Canadian English are also wrong English.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
If you want to critique the way certain people speak the language, then as an English guy; I can say the same about American English.

Flavour should flavour, not flavor. cool
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
davidylan:

David is going in on London.......This sounds personal

I guess he was reading all them jokes about him in the previous thread

David seems like a good guy though.

Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Those are slangs.. And we don't say "ya dig?" That's an American slang.

London accent can also be classified into: East London accent, West London accent, South London accent, and North London accent..

Black people from South London have the thickest English accent in London..

Black people from East London sound proper cockney.

Black people from West London sound normal.

Black people from North London speak the most plain English accent.

It depends on where you live; but what they all have in common is the use of black slangs.

Where do you live in London?

What? You want to come find me and shank me? tongue

I am glad you left that ebonics behind, it got pretty annoying.
I live in three difference places in the UK.

omg, have you heard the scouse accent? The worst I have ever heard. It's like they have phlegm stuck in their throats.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Despicable-VII:

I told you he was, now vote for him. grin
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

lmaooooo!

Abeg, lets talk about this your kingdom. I want to be the first v!rgin maiden to lie on the king's bed. tongue

hehe... my dear, i already made the bed. Hop in when you want! grin
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Ammyng(f): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I speak freedom means i speak how i want and when i want.

Nah you speak Chima grin
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
london2lasgidi:

I never said English was a 'borrowed' language; I said English is a BASTARD language.

Basically, I don't have a problem with the way people speak it as long as I can understand them. If you're of the opinion that the English language has to be in its pure form, then we all have to go back to the Shakespearean English. Which means; American English, Australian English, and Canadian English are also wrong English.

I dont have a problem with the different English language variants that exist today. Personally i have gotten to appreciate the difference that exists for example between the way a typical New Yorker speaks the language compared to a Texan. I only have a problem with the horrible slang form that blacks seem to love so much. Its undecipherable for those of us who were not born into it.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

What? You want to come find me and shank me? tongue

I am glad you left that ebonics behind, it got pretty annoying.
I live in three difference places in the UK.

omg, have you heard the scouse accent? The worst I have ever heard. It's like they have phlegm stuck in their throats.

I'd rather listen to a village Yoruba/Igbo man speak English that listen to a scouser lmao.

That's another variation of the language, but you can't knock them for speaking the way they speak.

I'm not ghetto, but you need to speak 'Black' when you're around black people in the UK.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Despicable-VII:

nah no bones here. Just pointing out an obvious discrepancy in his position.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
davidylan:
I dont have a problem with the different English language variants that exist today. Personally i have gotten to appreciate the difference that exists for example between the way a typical New Yorker speaks the language compared to a Texan. I only have a problem with the horrible slang form that blacks seem to love so much. Its undecipherable for those of us who were not born into it.

It's undecipherable to you, but a form of endearment to them.

Like the saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

Just learn what they mean; just as you learn new vocabs everyday, and you won't have a problem with them.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Despicable-VII:
I feel you though kandii...

You don't like those "ghetto" black folks huh?

...LoL They are soooooo Ghettooo(*White Girl Voice*)

lol, id!ot. tongue
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by armyofone(m): 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
some looked hungry, some overfed, some mommy boyz, some cranky, some cool, some tired. I need to see their teeth to pick foiness.
thank God for little mercies undecided
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
Normal black English without slangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W-HnMQUgk

Another variation from David Haye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuMzJpiWAk

White accent by Alistair Darling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9vUr0JeZs
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
David Haye speaks the way I speak. Just normal with no slang.

Alistair Darling speaks the way white people speak.

The same diction, but different tone.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
Despicable-VII:
@Kandii @London

Yall both sound Ignorant from complete opposite ends of the spectrum

There is no such thing as "Speaking White"...

Stop associating "perfection" and "properly" with the White Race.

You are actually denigrating your own people with such flawed logic

What on earth does the phrase "speaking white" mean...

oh so Perfection= Whiteness?

And Imperfection= Blackness?

Smh...

"Speaking White"....No such thing you black fools...Pure utter Fallacy.

you are an id!iot. I am referring to what london calls "white speak" -meaning the posh english accent. Goat, go hug transformer.

You don't know the meaning of ignorance. Look in the mirror.

Always, trying change things into something it isn't. Who said white is perfection? Where did you get that from? Id!ot. I don't like insulting you but you sometimes come across as an absolute id!ot.

Believe me, you are ghetto. You try running away from it but it always catches up with you. Nonsense!
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by london2lasgidi(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
I gave you guys youtube videos, watch it, and get a clearer picture of what I was saying.

David Haye, and Trevor McDonald speak "Black English."

Alistair Darling speaks "White English."

That should give you guys a clearer picture. cool
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by kandiikane(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
london2lasgidi:

I'd rather listen to a village Yoruba/Igbo man speak English that listen to a scouser lmao.

That's another variation of the language, but you can't knock them for speaking the way they speak.

I'm not ghetto, but you need to speak 'Black' when you're around black people in the UK.

There is no such thing as speaking black though? I live around blacks, I only moved around white people when I started uni last year. The same way I speak to blacks that's the same way I speak to whites.

Ok, you might not be ghetto in person but if you speak like them, it's ghetto.

Right but you spoke nothing like Trevor Mcdonald in your video.
Re: Most Handsome Man On Nairaland June 2012 *GRAND FINALE* by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
Who's winning?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (65)

Men, Beware, Fake 'Big Tips' Is Now In Town (pics) / ‘Hand Of God’ On Nigerian Boy’s Head, Causes Uproar On Social Media (photos) / See The Gown She Wanted Vs What She Got (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.