Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,386 members, 7,950,822 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

A Word Can Be As Explosive As A Bomb - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Word Can Be As Explosive As A Bomb (594 Views)

A Word For All / Without A Word / If A Word Is Mispelled In The Dictionary,how Do We Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Word Can Be As Explosive As A Bomb by Orikinla(m): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
Of course, as the famous saying goes "The pen is mightier than the sword" written by Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839 for his play Richelieu.
I prefer to replace the pen for word to rhyme with sword. So, I say The word is mightier than the sword. And prefer to say The pen is mightier than the gun.

This topic came up after reading about the elusive Ms. El Aroud, a 48-year-old Belgian,who calls herself a holy warrior of Al Qaeda.

“It’s not my role to set off bombs — that’s ridiculous,” she said in a rare interview. “I have a weapon. It’s to write. It’s to speak out. That’s my jihad. You can do many things with words. Writing is also a bomb.”

(1) (Reply)

Internet Is... / Hope / Removed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.