Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,299 members, 7,943,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group (2406 Views)

Poll: Who is your favourite to win Euro 2008?

Germany: 18% (2 votes)
Italy: 18% (2 votes)
France: 18% (2 votes)
Switzerland: 0% (0 votes)
Holland: 36% (4 votes)
Portugal: 0% (0 votes)
Croatia: 0% (0 votes)
Spain: 9% (1 vote)
Czech Republic: 0% (0 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2007
There is craziness in Europe as to how the teams were seeded, how could france be in the last pot, Germany in a 3rd pot and Italy(world champions)in 2nd pot. The group stages will fire up.  . . . . . . . . . .  . . .

Group A:
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey
Group B:
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland 
Group C:
Holland
Italy
Romania
France   
Group D:
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia 

Hoopss! no England  shocked shocked

Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2007
It's going to be serious, France and Italy are really becoming arch rivals
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by somze(f): 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2007
Yeah, we expect all hell to break loose, but I'd tip France to go through.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2007
Please vote
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by somze(f): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2007
Thats the hard part . . . its a bit of a deadlock i'm having undecided
Can i take England grin grin
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2007
Don't make fun of England better days are coming.
May be they will win Euro 2012
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by somze(f): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2007
Of course they will, and I will be the President of the United States of America cool
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by Russia: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2007
Hey! Russia is going to get paid for qualifying in place of England.
France wins this one again, Greece shouldn't think this is Portugal
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2007
Holland are not going to survive in that group
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by mrpataki(m): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2007
This is cruel to the Orange boys. I wish we were in the Group D. Thats the cheapest group in the lists. cry cry
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by mukina2: 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2007
Les bleus all the way kiss

Romania would be cry grin

The best National team in the world will surely show their worth again cool

Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2007
France can be a disppointing team
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by mukina2: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2007
nay!!! all teams are like that . at national level but les bleus . uhhm maybe sometimes grin

they are the best for now . been the best for long . and not Brazil tongue grin
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2007
I seriously think England would win grin grin grin win Fire!!!!!

That group C na die!!!!!

I dont think France would win GERMANY would win the Euro cup
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2007
Romania coach Victor Piturca was in the mood for satire after the Euro 2008 draw which saw his team grouped with Italy, France and the Netherlands.

With the World Cup finalists and the Netherlands handed to him, one would have expected Piturca to be worried. That he may have been, but he did very well mixing up with a smile and some satire.

"For us it's a very nice, easy group," he beamed.

"We're up against the world champions, the World Cup runners-up and Holland, who we know are very good.

"I hope it will be an extraordinary experience and why shouldn't we be one of the teams to make it through to the quarter-finals?"

There was also a show of confidence in those comments, and with good reason. After all, Romania have just beaten the Netherlands into second place in Euro qualifying group G.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by akinalabi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2007
Why is everyone ruling out Romania?

That team is damn good. To me, they are
the best in that group.

Akin
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by tosinadeda: 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2007
Oma se o,spain will stil av the name "underachievers" afta this competition,cos i dnt see dem qualifying.
E go pain me 4 fab4 sha
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by DisGuy: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2007
tosinadeda:

Oma se o,spain will stil av the name "underachievers" after this competition,because i dnt see them qualifying.
E go pain me 4 fab4 sha

thats true, that group is a very slippery one
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by Fimmy(m): 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2007
Italy is winning
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by bgees(m): 1:14am On Dec 03, 2007
I'm a holland fan,d group is more deadly than a group of death.groups like these dont turn out as we think,there will definatly be slip ups.
The dutch have good players like nistleröoy,snieder,van der vaart and robin van persie.thats why i think they have d chance only that i doubt van basten's efficiency but donadoni and domenech are not so good either. And pls watch out for romania.

Who is doubting spain this time.spain will top their group ,i'm sure.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2007
May be what you all think will not happen, i don't think Romania will make it with the warning Scotland gave Italy and France, the wouldn't want to take anything for granted
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by lordimpaq(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
its very simple,

france and holland go through,

italy are not so convincing, they only person that could have helped would be totti, but he's retired from international football,
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by gabrielgb: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2007
its very simple,

france and holland go through,

italy are not so convincing, they only person that could have helped would be totti, but he's retired from international football,

hey dude what planet were you when Italy won the WC? Totti hardly hada decent game throughout the WC. What's your pick on? Italy play asa team they dont rely onan individual like other country. My bet is that they will win the cup.

May be what you all think will not happen, i don't think Romania will make it with the warning Scotland gave Italy and France, the wouldn't want to take anything for granted

folahann Italy defeated the Scots home and away therewas no scare. May you mean france.

Too bad for Holland. I love them but they can qualify.

My bet is France and Italy and Italy tops the group.

FOTZA AZZURRI
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by lordimpaq(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2007
italy is a good team no doubt about that,

but holland is a better team

and france is even more excellent,

do you really think italy deserved to win the world cup, they were almost nipped in the bud by australia, they merely scrapped through france,

and they just managed to qualify for euro 2008, and you are telling me that they would win the cup, bollocks, utter bollocks, utter crap, and even bigger shyte
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2007
Wait a minute, what an easy group for Germany
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by chuckdee4(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2007
folahann:

Wait a minute, what an easy group for Germany

How the hell do they get away with it every tournament
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by A40(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
@lordi
If you ask me Italy stole that world cup.Lets see how they would steal the Euros which is arguably tougher than the world cup
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by hustler(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
lordimpaq:

italy is a good team no doubt about that,

but holland is a better team

and france is even more excellent,

do you really think italy deserved to win the world cup, they were almost nipped in the bud by australia, they merely scrapped through france,

and they just managed to qualify for euro 2008, and you are telling me that they would win the cup, bollocks, utter bollocks, utter crap, and even bigger shyte

If u say that Holland are a better side, fine it's ur opinion

France even more excellent?, splendid opinion,

But that they didnt deserve to win the world cup and "managed" to qualify for Euro 2008 by winning their group.

What u r telling me is that u r still angry with the Italian  that chap stole ur girlfriend, LOL

Remember almost does not kill a bird, fact is they won against the Aussies not that they were alomost nipped in the bud.

Please give them the full credit they deserve
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by A40(m): 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2007
A certain England is missing surely there must be a Group E somewhere
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2007
Group E players will be playing through the screen
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
England would play in group E they are a very strong side they would beat the Super falcons black and blue.
Group E consist of The three Pussy cat of England, Super Falcons of Nigeria, Sunshine stars of Akure and Ibom stars referring to next year Ajegunle mock world cup grin
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2007
Making fun of England does not worth it, Nigeria was also in Group K at the World Cup 2006

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Footballers Argue After The Referee Has Made A Decision? / See All The Trophies Christano Ronaldo Won In One Year (photo) / Five Star Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.