Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,132 members, 7,928,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:22 PM

Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? (7626 Views)

Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea / Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Accessible Loan For Serving Youth Corpers Who Want To Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Princessaleeza: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
Youth obey eh,Otondo u dont av choice o,except u re box up u go 2 Mammy mkt der is diff varietes of foods there.Gone re d days in Paiko Camp Minna.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by NosaHenry(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
Sorry but I did not eat their food in my time. Beans and garri is Nigeria stable food, pls enjoy it
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by doublecross(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
and what is wrong with beans and garri? its high time nigerians stop forming. haba. you were served beans and garri and you are posting a complaint here. beans is a very good food and if you dont like it, you can go get something else for yourself. mtcheeeeeeew....rubish.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Now your suffering continues
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Princessaleeza: 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
bobothem: If you can't eat what that was provided for you,patronise the mammy market.though in Paiko,Niger state 2007 batch A,we were not served beans and garri,i would have loved it because i still soak my garri even up now
in 2008 in Paiko also we were not served Beans & Garri also,but u ll go 4 Mountain neering.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by seunadeolu(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
To serve your PAPA land grin, cheer on my brother for the race is not yet won! cool
splendidb20: we were served smal beans and garri to drink at nysc camp okada yesterday. what actually is the aim of ths national service? I'm confused;eating tasteless foods everyday
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by bright007(f): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
I think the reason why the corpers are protesting is not because theey were served beans $ garri but probably because the food was prepared by poor cooks or prepared under unhygienic conditions.It may also be that the cooking untensils and the serving plates were not attractive.

Âm saying this cos if my mother cook beans for u,u will wanna eat beans everyday.

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Pozzy(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

That is absolute rubbish...

Nigerians dont need experience in the harsh realities of life.. We live it everyday.. Look at the bus that took me from Calabar to Camp.. Thats a harsh reality of life.. I sat with chickens and goats and fermented tomatoes for almost 5 hours!

Those Pllunkers take the money from the Federal Government, pocket it and get us some old women from their villages to cook us crap at a reduced price..

Go ask your parents whaT NYSC food use to be like in their days...

what about those that there parents didn't serve?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Beync(f): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
If u r an Ajebota u should be complaining abt the drills and not beans and garri,u can always find ur way to mami market. mschew
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Chygoz2(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
If you don't like it then visit mammy market. I ate the same thing today at rivers state camp and it was manageable. It's just for 3 weeks afterall.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Poolamy: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
I c no reson y u should shift the blame to mr president, he cannot b everywhere, he has assigned pple to man each org., so it is those incharge of corpers feeding that God will show His wrath.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by GboyegaD(m): 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Siga:

Can we know your time of service plz...tx

2005 Batch A.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by GboyegaD(m): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
SOLLY_BOY:

Oga Gov Advocate....do u actually know what the Gov is claiming to be spending on feeding in camp for Corps member ?
My concern is not just abt the food bros......but what the Government is claiming to be spending on the food ?
If what is being served is what the Government provide, nothing do us now............but the corruption that goes on around feeding these guys.
Hv read a lot of these comment and i felt so sorry for our mentality.
Must we always accept any rubbish that comes our way
cant we hv some self respect
am sure if we are to camp some undergraduates from UK in NIGERIA for a particular camping activity, we will be falling on our selfs to serve the BEST
When our we going to get to the point of respecting our serves
Kai na wa for us o

The fact is our government is corrupt and that is the major challenge. They claim they spend so much for everything without we seeing the effect because the money is often times shared up there among themselves. His idea of lamenting about the food he is served as though it is not the same food that is served to those in his camp is what I am responding to. As for the mentality thing, I think you are the one having such challenge because no one was making any comparison whatsoever. Thank you!
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Kansola(f): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
Actualy, i dnt blame u coz I personaly, i dnt lyk beans coz it upsets my tumy. My sis also cmplaind of d same tin durn her O.camp. D govt jst ve 2 do sumtn abt it. We ve enuf moni in dz country. Dnt no y d country is stil in dz state. Jst endure. Tink d camp is jst 3wiks.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
I went to boarding school for 6 years and watery beans and garri was one of the delicacies.
Enjoy grin
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by MMJ(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
The whole feeding system in our camps is a monumental fraud. Beans and Gari for what? Watery tea in the morning, tasteless meals throughout the day, disgusting! My brother seek refuge in mammy if your pocket can help you
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by purplekayc(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2012
splendidb20: we were served smal beans and garri to drink at nysc camp okada yesterday. what actually is the aim of ths national service? I'm confused;eating tasteless foods everyday
You will start purging very soon just wait and c .. Exactly what happened to me and some of my colleagues while in camp soon after we took beans and bread or so..
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by babaijo(m): 5:34am On Jul 07, 2012
Na normal thing everywhere. This one is from Nonwa-Gbam, Tai LGA of Rivers State.

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 07, 2012
Abeg jare....becos u suffered does it mean someone else must also suffer equally. That is trash. I am a serving corper that has alredi finished with camp and while quality of food doesn't rily bother me as long as I am not hungry, the point to be noted is that the money for GOOD QUALIITY STANDARD food has alredi been allocated for and some NYSC officials are embezzling the funds. And same for the kits too. If the government can just be so gracious enuff to scrap the programme and use all the money spent on NYSC as an endowment fund for each graduate then it will be supported and very helpful. Do graduates in USA and even oda African countries go thru such stress b4 they cn begin employment? Does that make them workers of lesser quality? To conclude; like Seun once said, the NYSC is not essential becos there is nothing u gain during services that u could not have gained in another means. If u want to learn survival strategies u cn join man o war or boys scout. If u want job experience u cn become an intern and work for free or very low pay (many organisations like that). So what rily is the point of NYSC? Somebody give me a concrete reason.

1 Like

Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by bright007(f): 9:41am On Jul 07, 2012
babaijo: Na normal thing everywhere. This one is from Nonwa-Gbam, Tai LGA of Rivers State.
Exactly wat I anticipated.I cant remember when last I used å plastic dish to eat.
The dish used in serving this food isn't attractive,atleast these corpers are grown-ups and are not children.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Paulfish: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
2mch: Is it not food? . IF you dont like it, buy ya own. If you no get money, chop am or protest to the FG who is selling you short. Na to come make noise for NL. undecided
exactly
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Godsknight(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
Friend, u beta eat it wit joy and relish....understand dat nysc is preparin for greater challenges because u dont knw challenges u wil meet in ur ppa. U fil b posted to rural areas wia there is no canteen, mkt. D only option u is to take watever dat comes..... Me and my friend "lala" , our experience in randa village in kaduna state was great, we dey chop randa village local foods e.g tuwo massara wit groundnut soup,azapu, esuru beans e.t.c like tommorow no dey...dis made d villagers to b friendly wit us more
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by nagoma(m): 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
Beans is Bad because it starts with a " B " . Garri is Good because it starts with a "G" , so it's both bad and good.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by routerwireless: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
Most of us survive with beans and garri when we are in school, so i see no reason 4 complain.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by EXCELLENCEAbia: 6:38am On Jul 09, 2012
such is life, you have to know the hard way besides you are not there for enjoyment.
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by SOLLYBOY1: 10:44am On Jul 09, 2012
Jarus:

Bros, which year were in farfaru? You may have been my room mate.

2007 batch B bros............was eventually posted to KATAMI in SILAME LG
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by Jarus(m): 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
SOLLY_BOY:

2007 batch B bros............was eventually posted to KATAMI in SILAME LG

I was 2007 Batch A. Did you hear about the corper tjat wrote an article against the governor?
Re: Serving Youth Corpers Beans With Garri, Good Or Bad? by dantecruso: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2012
Beans n Garri is part of d orientation to be able to adapt n survive no mata where u find urself bt if u tink u r a big boy or girl u r not suppose to near d dinning hall for 1 day insearch of food cos there are food vendors all over d camp go n oda ur food in my camp any day I want a special food I ask dem to prepare for I n my friends contribute n pay for a well prepared pot of soup prepared to our taste something during leisure we cook it ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Winners Emerge In OCI Foundation Health Campaign Giveaway For NYSC Members / 2018 Kebbi BATCH A- Corp Member "Let's Meet Here" / Are You A Corper? Appply For General Electric Internship Program For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.