Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

thx all - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / thx all (815 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

thx all by vivi800: 12:18am On Jul 07, 2012
thx all
Re: thx all by Mynd44: 12:54am On Jul 07, 2012
This one pass me oooo
Re: thx all by cog1: 1:19am On Jul 07, 2012
Sorry to hear this rather sad experience.
Its not easy been separated from loved ones by a mere 1km
Talkless of '000s of KMs! My heart goes out to your friend.
However,the simple thing to be sone is for the man to relocate.
Pride was (and is)still never a good reason to stick to something
Even when its obviously not working out.
Forget about what pple will say,the gossip can last for 3mths only or less,
It will die down.
I'm saying this based on the statement that the hubby is not even doing well over there,
Which I'm sure was the whole essence of relocating in the first instance.
He should do a short course that is not age constrained after his wife has found out
Those things that employers usually prefer foreign certification in before coming back.
Then submit his CV in one or two places and become hotcake in his country.
Such certifications include safety,welding,radiography on pipes etc,foreign certs are
usually hotcakes in these areas.
His wife can find out other locally applicable hotcake areas.
They'll make it in no time.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: thx all by vivi800: 2:01am On Jul 07, 2012
thx all
Re: thx all by cog1: 2:43am On Jul 07, 2012
Well,if you think the story is more complicated than him returning home,how much more
complicating is the story getting with him staying there and ending up with a
dysfunctional child or two?! God forbid!
Besides,you already said his wife told him to relocate and he says for the sake of the children
Of which one is already having a problem.
Sorry if I'll sound harsh but are you more preoccupied with their returning to 'rural ghana'
As you put it or with their mental,emotional,psychological and ultimately even their physical wellbeing?
What degree has uk got that a standard ghanaian university can't give?
Or is it not ghana again that pple from other countries are flocking to their universities?! Besides,education is highly subsidized for ghanaians.
If they have a means of subsisting over there which you've not pointed out,
You can as well do so,so pple don't have a onesided view of the matter.
But every man is entitled to his own opinion,and if the story is all you've said and nothing else,then
Relocation is it!
Besides,if the husband is of retirement age,don't you think the fast paced life
And all these worries can accelerate some unpleasant occurrence? What then happens to these same
Young children out there all alone?
I don't know but I can tell you the only way to help your friend is to
Encourage her to get reunited with her family,yes,in 'rural ghana' if push comes to shove!
Children should be taught to obey parents,not the other way round.
This is my opinion as I said, you are free to wait for other opinions.
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: thx all by Ranoscky(m): 3:58am On Jul 07, 2012
^^ Nothing more, nothing less!! Sound advice. Kudos!
Re: thx all by 190: 5:56am On Jul 07, 2012
D guy shud do a contract marriage
Get d papers, divorce d lady and re invite his wife over - in 6months he's cool and she's
Back wiv him and viola evry1s happy
Re: thx all by vivi800: 7:11am On Jul 07, 2012
thx all
Re: thx all by uboma(m): 7:13am On Jul 07, 2012
vivi800: a friend of mine came crying to me. her spouse has been in the U.K for close to 12 years. he lives with their 2 sons. one is 12 and the other is 21. she had a chance to visit in the past but had to return to ghana for some extended family meetings and [b]to check on their businesses which at that time was flourishing, [/b]unfortunately, she has not been able to return to the U.K because she has been denied visa. her spouse has been trying to bring her over to no avail because he too does not have any legal documents in the U.K. she dearly misses him and her sons. It is very hard for her to be living by herself in some rurual area with very little light,and no water, the area she lives lacks all the amenities and again her spouse cannot send much money to her because he too is struggling in the U.K. this lady is just sitting at home crying and praying, she lives in a rural area where it is very hard to start a business plus she lack the resources to start one.what should she do, they are both very good christians and have been married for 25 years.
@ op, what happened to the business she came to check in Ghana?
Re: thx all by vivi800: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2012
thx all
Re: thx all by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2012
there is still a child under 18 to care and raise, and so long as the father can do that in the UK, then there is absolutely NO REASON they should relocate to Ghana. if life is tough for her, why does anyone thinks it will be better with 3more mouth to feed? at least the husband has a job in the UK, and the Gov can also help (even though he is illegal, the kid probably aint)
if the wifey managed for so long then she should do so for another 8 9 yrs until the last kid is "safe". going back to Africa should NOT be an option, unless they have something SAFE for the kids.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Married Woman Own Landed Property Without Her Husband's Knowledge? / Check This Out. A Newly Born Baby That Is Thrown Away. How Far / Pregnant For My Step-son – Thunder News 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.