Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,631 members, 7,941,439 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? (723 Views)

US Govt Lauds Obiano On Security, Infrastructure(pic) / Tension As PDP, APC Disagree On Security On Warri Waterways / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by OmanIman: 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
I'm amazed the way a lot of us always seem to criticize Government on how security challenges in the country have so far been handled. I'm guilty of same and wish we could all just profer solutions instead of "Flaying" Government all the time as well as tearing ourselves apart on NL. I'm personally sick of the Boko Haram bombing all over and to think that these are just few non-entities who have held everyone to ransome. So this led me to thinking what if you walked into an Elevator and suddenly it's Mr.President and he asked for your candid opinion and advice on Security Challenges in the Country? And you had just 20 mins...what would your answer be?
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by kinkyshoe: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
There is reali a lot that needs to be said.......however, I'd advice that state governments and community leaders, like grassroots persons be engaged actively in the fight against insecurity. I don't see state governors do anything except fight for state police n more allocation.
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by BeraBera(f): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hmmmm, I would advise him to reshuffle the Nigerian Poice Force, he should strictly adhere to reports and advise from the SS people, and then, he should collaborate with Northern Islamic religious and community leaders to dissuade their people from terrorist activities. Finally, he should collaborate with the United Nations in resolving issues with those foreign countries that have been identified as Boko haram allies

1 Like

Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by Stallion77(f): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hmmm...I will advice him to take the bulls by the horn and spare sentiments.....kwo ba haka ba?
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by Deleahmed: 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
Already mr president has tried by putting different measures in place to ensure that the security of the country is guaranteed, like they will say in my language that "omi lo po j'oka lo". Basically the major security threat that the country is facing is coming from the northern part of the country therefore he should go extra miles in ensuring that he engaged the northern leaders in a dialogue to know the course of the attacks and also to engage all stakeholders in anti terrorism campaign.
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by folex101: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
I will advise the president to implore grassroots and neighbourhood approach by allowing political parties, royal fathers and community leaders at grassroots level collaborate and compliment security efforts by reporting, advising and updating security agencies state of security issues in their domain, this should be replicated at both local, state and national level.
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by amdy08: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
wl advise him 2 4get abt critisms and detractors .den summon courage and step on toes wtout fear or favour.
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by McMatini: 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
i wish this can come on national tv with dedicated lines to talk to the President... i beleive tackling security problem should be from the grass root...providing nigerians with basic amenities esp in rural areas, development should get to every nook and cranny of the country without sentiments and tribalism, youths should be engage by training them on technical and building works, then creating an enabling environment for investors to build industries, and this youths could be used to build. Finally the media has alot of role to play, they have to control the manner security issues are being reported, and filtering some sensitive information that would be capable of inciting more voilence...education should be encourage, and schools curiculum restructured to include courses that will help discourage terrorism... stake holders should be consulted in areas were the r challengs... i pray this gets to him
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by Seamah: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
This is an interesting thread. I think we should start focusing our energy towards proffering solutions while hoping that "BEAF" and others will bring it to the attention of his master. 20 mins with Mr President, hmmmm! The security problem in the country stem from myriads of factors. Therefore the president must address unemployment, across the country from the creek of Niger Delta to the Desert of Maiduguri. The security agencies must be well motivated. This should go beyond salary to other allowance including housing, education for their children and a good retirement benefit. Then our educational sector must be reviewed from paper based to skill and entreprenuer.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by Delafruita(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
i wont advise him.i'd ask him questions like these-
1.would you have handled the bokoharam situation differently if your wife had fallen victim?
2.would you be this slow in acting if bokoharam had kidnapped your son?
3.what/who eactly are you afraid of?

1 Like

Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by Clerverly: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
I will advise him to resign no more no less undecided
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by OmanIman: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2012
Clerverly: I will advise him to resign no more no less undecided
And I actually thgt u were "Clever".....pity!U r certainly one of those who jus love to Critic....never with a tangible solution in mind!
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by silica(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
Moderator, can we have this in the fron page please. This could form the basis of possible future interaction with the President in ay of his media chat. As for me, i think the recent appointment of the new NSA is a step in the right direction. Nobody Knows the north and its culture better than a northerner. I also think thatelements within the PDP should be engaged in tackling the menace. Finally, emplyment should be provided for unemplyed youth or the government should institutute an unemployment benefit to pay uneployed Nigerians till they can provide job for them. Bump grin
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by koruji(m): 12:51am On Jul 09, 2012
Media chat? His country is disintegrating, he is media chatting. Chatting? Are you kidding me?

Didn't the new NSA say that he used to live in Jos? Did you know what the evil forces did next?

They went ahead and invaded, killing to the tune of 90 people.

silica: Moderator, can we have this in the fron page please. This could form the basis of possible future interaction with the President in ay of his media chat. As for me, i think the recent appointment of the new NSA is a step in the right direction. Nobody Knows the north and its culture better than a northerner. I also think thatelements within the PDP should be engaged in tackling the menace. Finally, emplyment should be provided for unemplyed youth or the government should institutute an unemployment benefit to pay uneployed Nigerians till they can provide job for them. Bump grin
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by VoodooDoll(m): 3:38am On Jul 09, 2012
I will give him the beating of his life (for a full 19mins), within an inch or two of death.

Then tell him that's what his policies are doing to Nigerians on a daily basis. With many Nigerians dying as a result.
Re: If You Had Just 20 Mins With Mr.president,wat Wld U Advice Him On Security? by achi4u(m): 5:08am On Jul 09, 2012
i will ask him do you knw your the president of nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

FG To Solve Power Problems In One Month - Business Day / Tinubu And Fashola Who Is Incharge In Lagos ? / Never Seen Video Of BokoHaram Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.