Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,806 members, 7,902,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:27 PM

Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title (7539 Views)

Serena Williams Wins Her Sixth Wimbledon Title / Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title / Serena Williams Wins Her 15th Grand Slam At The 2012 US Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by aieromon(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
Go Serena Go!!
Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by mikolo80: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
IF I WAS A BILLIONAIRE I'D LIKE GET BETWEEN THOSE LEGS.THAT ASS .WONDER WHO D LUCKY GUY GO'N BE
Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by Actman(m): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2012
Defeated Wimbledon finalist Agnieszka Radwanska admitted Serena Williams's awesome serving power had demolished any hope she had of causing a Centre Court shock on Saturday.

Williams sent down 17 aces in the final as she romped to a 6-1, 5-7, 6-2 win and a fifth Wimbledon title.

The ace count took her to 102 for the tournament, more than any man or woman in the competition, and featured four in a row in the fourth game of the third set, a 'golden game'.

"For sure, she was really serving well today. This is the thing I can't do anything about," said Radwanska, who was making her Grand Slam final debut and will now move to number two in the world rankings.

"In the second set, I think it was a little bit more windy, she didn't put in that many first serves, and I had my chances to break her back.

"But it's her weapon, the serve. That's why she won the tournament five times."

http://sports.ndtv.com/wimbledon2012/news/item/193183-wimbledon-2012-serena-serve-gunned-me-down-says-radwanska

Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by justwise(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2012
Serena made my day yesterday and to top it up Serena and her sister Venus won the double yesterday too.

They invested in Africa by opening two schools in Kenya helping young Kenyans, what a generous role models!!
Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by Kilichi: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2012
She has got the fame now but one thing is lacking....Marriage will make her more famous. Just an advice though.
Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by ziediolike(m): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
Serena na machinery joor
Re: Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title by Roric: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nice To see her win..........i hope she get's more title.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life, I Staked With N450,000 See The Result / CEDB Suspend Neymar For 3 UEFA Competition Matches For Insulting Match Officials / Nigeria (0) Vs Jamaica (0) on Wednesday, 11th February 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.