Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,072 members, 7,909,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 03:17 PM

Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo (5426 Views)

Gunmen Kill Rivers Varsity Lecturer, Son In Port Harcourt / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Businessman In South Africa / Gunmen Kill 14 In Kaduna Market, Soldiers Begin House-to-house Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by mukina2: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
A hotelier, Babatunde Bolarinwa, was on Sunday shot dead in Osogbo by armed robbers who also stole money and carted away valuables worth millions of naira from his house.

According to the deceased's wife, Yetunde Bolarinwa, the robbers stormed the residence of the deceased at the Akindeko area of the state capital in the morning.

They were said to have shot sporadically into the air to ward off possible assistance from members of the public.

"The gunmen entered my husband’s bedroom through one of the windows," she said. "They shot him before they went to the living room where they carted away some belongings."

Yetunde said that efforts to get assistance from residents of the area failed as distress calls from the home of the Bolarinwas did not yield any positive result while the operation lasted.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Kalafite Adeyemi, confirmed the incident, saying the police were investigating the matter.

"The police are on the trail of the perpetrators of the dastardly act and we are sure that very soon they will be brought to justice," she assured.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/gunmen-kill-hotelier-osogbo
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2012
O-robbers.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by adetunrayo(f): 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
oh! my state
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by simo4real(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2012
As usual, police will say we are on it.we are investigating the matter but where are they when it all happened
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by ebamma(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
this to me is an assasination not an armed robbery
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Mrchippychappy(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
afam4eva: O-robbers.
grin grin grin i saw what you did there O-RO-BBERS
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by blancason: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Mr.chippychappy:

meeen u guys are despicable.....laughing over someones death. You will get yours soon enough... bastards angry
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by tinadtreasure: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
ebamma: this to me is an assasination not an armed robbery
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by gbadexy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2012
Na assassination jor. Na only him house dem come. Probably one of his staff informed on him.
By the way, there mode of entrance and with the thief entering his room straight without having being there before suggests that someone in close association sent them.
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by JimmyBoy1: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
ha, that is Yetty mama's husband , thw wife is the owner of the most popular Amala joint in the whole of Osogbo. I saw the man around May and we exchanged pleasantries, I am really short of words.
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by born2boink(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
useless boy,you should be arrested and investigate from the the way you sound
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
It sounds more like an assasination to me
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by zeefa: 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2012
Jimmy boy u r right. It was a terrible incident! May his soul rest in peace! So people can't sleep with their two eyes closed again in osogbo! Hmmmmmmm kayefi
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Crown128(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Jeejile: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
Is it BOKO HARAM?
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Havilah93(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2012
this got me rolling.....O-robbers, now wey everytin for dis state don turn .O.
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by brownlord: 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
From Aso rock, madam very sorry for the shortage of military men in your state, I have deployed 3500 soldiers to Edo state to help me rig PDP election, but don't worry "I condemn that act by those robbers" and we are on top of the situation...Retardeen Jonathan, foolish commision of police, wetin u won investigate, with wht u won't take investigate them, where u there? If u no get wetin to talk, oga police abeg park well jare

Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 10, 2012
Jimmy Boy: ha, that is Yetty mama's husband , thw wife is the owner of the most popular Amala joint in the whole of Osogbo. I saw the man around May and we exchanged pleasantries, I am really short of words.
So he's Yetty mana guest house owner husband, that's serious. This to me is assassination.
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by UKBobo(m): 1:58am On Jul 10, 2012
RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill Hotelier In Osogbo by lucom: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Jimmy Boy: ha, that is Yetty mama's husband , thw wife is the owner of the most popular Amala joint in the whole of Osogbo. I saw the man around May and we exchanged pleasantries, I am really short of words.

I know that man too,soft spoken and easy going. Anytime I'm in Osogbo I do the needful amala meal there along Odi-Olowo road,really sad. Yetty mama e mokan.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Sunday Igboho's House Set On Fire(pics) / Rescued From Destruction - I Think People Need To Read This: / Girl Used For Rituals By Her Aristo (picture Of Victim)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.