Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,928 members, 7,935,938 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 07:26 PM

MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? (31972 Views)

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
The Hackers should destablise MTN by programming a powerful virus that will block MTN from deducting or charging for service rendered. This is how MTN will pay for cheating us for years.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Nightshift(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Pray for more deregulation of the sector in Nigeria. That will bring LYCAMOBILE to 9Ja. Their Sim-card users make free calls 24/7 to other lycamobile users across EU countries, provided you recharge with a minimum of €5 every month.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by ndizzle(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
guys chill out...MTN would soon stop these nonsense they are doing by december cos NCC would complete the number potability policy.all networks would have to crash there tariffs to the bearest minimum or you switch network and still retain ur number. cool
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by oayombo: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
I repeat, it's not mtn zone...it's a promo that lasts till 31st july. I guess it's for pulse subscribers...more reason for u to migrate temporarily. 10k/s to all mtn lines and5k/s trip a special number which you'll send as sms to 567.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Emekuz(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
betrani: Simple arithematics! Buy etisalat! Load N500, inform all ur contacts on d MTN line of ur switch to etisalat via text msg on ur new etisalat! After this burn the MTN line; or break it! Shikiina
Thanks man
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Emekuz(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
Thanks man
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by leonn(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mtn as a network is and will still remain the network of choice,cos they got what it takes...we all just love complaining a lot there is no network that doesn't have issues however they are only but temporal while don't u guys go and crucify PHCN see new tarrif now doubled yet not a single improvement......so guys think before you leap;patience they say is a virtue embrace it..... wink
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Agimor(m): 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
fork adict: About a year ago, I started a thread on MTN's greed, insensitivity to the plight of their customers, and abuse of the rare priviledge bestowed on them by their teeming customers, pride, amongst other other crimes. I compared their tariffs to other networks and pointed out that they were out to kill their customers rather than add value to their lives.

Fast forward to a year and some months later, MTN is now charging 5k/sec for MTN to MTN calls? Is this not an indication that they are no longer as comfortable as they used to be? Rman, where are you? Can you explain why your bosses are now charging customers for MTN to MTN call @ 5k per sec?

But the sad news is, its too late for MTN. I am not going back to them. They made me cross the point of no return and at this point, I am done with them.

What are your takes people?
Believe me mtn is most unstable network i have ever see.bad market for them.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Mcleo007(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
to hell with mtn. i aint going back to them!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by forkadict(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
rman:

You need to get a life and stop all these your MTN online smear campaign. We have four major GSM operators, four major CDMA operators and the power to choose solely lies in your hands. All these bring them down, chase them away and they will soon crash adds no value to you. Even when they crash, it will still not add value to your life. FORK ADICT, YOU NEED TO GROW UP.

@Others, number portability will soon be implemented this year so I believe all this childish rants online will end by then. Also, regulators (NCC ) are not put there to kill bussinesss hence they too will have nothing to regulate.
I still stand by the fact that the telecoms industry has added more to the Nigerian economy more than any other sector in the last ten years. It was properly regulated since begining, that is why there is healthy competition there. And you can easily grow your subscriber base if you do the business right. When GLO was busy with their MTN fixation, ETISALAT came and roled out friendly packages and has recorded the biggest growth compared to all the others they met.
Yes, we have every right to complain when there are QOS issues, hidden charges, outright theft, network challenges etc. But when the underlying basis for complaint is just about freebies, they are from South Africa, bla bla bla , then we are just being shallow and bigots.

The truth of the matter is businesses that are poorly run and insensitive to customers will surely die a natural death in a competitive market. If MTN truly are scams and insentitive to customers, it is just a matter of time before they go under. But if over time they continue to grow the way they have over the years, then only rants will amount to nothing. Do you all know why? They are still doing somethings right!

I know say you go everly show for here.

I got just one message for you and your employers. Let's wait for number portablility to take effect in naija. Only then shall we see the one that needs to grow up.Either me or you and your employers.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by MaxDick9ja: 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
Gabbysky: Let us do to them what we have done to DSTV, all in favour say 'AYE!"... cool
whoever still pays DSTV subscription in NIgeria needs a huge lesson BIG TIME!! cry cry

some of us are seriously experimenting ways of getting back at MTN the same way we hav done to DSTV,
if dem like make dem no change now>>> grin grin grin

Don't understand what you mean... By that... What was done to dstv

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Sealeddeal(m): 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
I use Mtn zone here.it used to make sense because at initial time,they charged as low as 5k/s but after some months or say now,the least i can see is 15k/s.MTN remaineth the same.they aint changing but still,i patronise them.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Beync(f): 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mtn takes my credit without my notice, most times I check my balance my credit disappear just like that. Mtn na real thief
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Maxybaby(f): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
For me, glo Infinito still remains d best @ 15naira per minute to all networks. I only use my mtn line to recieve calls.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by aceblackpearl: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
Gabbysky: Let us do to them what we have done to DSTV, all in favour say 'AYE!"... cool
whoever still pays DSTV subscription in NIgeria needs a huge lesson BIG TIME!! cry cry

some of us are seriously experimenting ways of getting back at MTN the same way we hav done to DSTV,

Kindly mail the lessons to my inbox ,begging in the name of God.thanks
ayo.emmanuel741@yahoo.com
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by ITbomb(m): 12:44am On Jul 11, 2012
I still don't understand Nigerians
afam4eva: MTN can be likened to GEJ in the sense that they're both hated by their customer/followers but the problem is that MTN will always have customers. And there customers are people that have been complaining for years but have refused to go elsewhere. Are they using juju or what?
Billyonaire: People keep complaining of MTN, yet these same persons still retain MTN simcard. Stop complaining and make a move. Get BB and do more chatting and less voice calls or get a cheaper network.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by AlvinOlatunde(m): 2:01am On Jul 11, 2012
MTN is a rip off! they are really stingy. Before the era of MTN Pulse, you receive no bonus when you recharge. All they know is to sponsor your favourite shows so they can snatch all your voting airtime. Their internet bundles are outrageous. Thank God for other networks who help in keeping them in check.
Just imagine what would happen if MTN was monopolizing the network sector? "Enriching Lives" which is their motto is a big hoax. Only God can save us.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by chakaz(m): 2:16am On Jul 11, 2012
oayombo: I repeat, it's not mtn zone...it's a promo that lasts till 31st july. I guess it's for pulse subscribers...more reason for u to migrate temporarily. 10k/s to all mtn lines and5k/s trip a special number which you'll send as sms to 567.
Your right, it's not even all the mtn pulse customers have this offer, it's like its their customers that have been dormant for sometime, they want to use it to win back such customers. I have a sim that is a beneficiary of the 5k/sec for one special number and it have been good. I ll be using it to call that my special number untill july 31st when the promo ends. With hundred naira, I call that number as if I'm making free night call.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by D3xt3r: 2:58am On Jul 11, 2012
i cant even remember the last time i loaded that MTN line...though its my main line tongue
MTN na thief but if them gimme J.O.B i go manage am... grin grin
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by DammyFx: 4:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Thanks God they did
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Biola4u(m): 5:20am On Jul 11, 2012
I've gat the 4 lines, but i recharge my MTN once in a week(for 10MB) and later trade the N100 with a friend for GLO N90.
In Nigeria, if you are not on GLO infinito, you are on a looooong tariff !
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by ogaemma: 5:52am On Jul 11, 2012
Is it now they know they will bow? Thanks to airtel & etisalat for pushing them to the wall. I used mtn for 6 years I did not benefit nothing, I used etisalat for 4 months now and they send me double of all my recharge to call ANY NETWORK ! Shame on mtn. They are worst than fuel subsidy thief, mtn is part of the problems Nigeria is facing. Nigeria as a nation is been duped by mtn.As for me is bye to mtn for good.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by supereagle(m): 5:56am On Jul 11, 2012
fork adict: In fact ehn, that whole arrangement say rates fit low reach 5k/sec na SCAM. Like the poster above has said, we URGENTLY NEED NUMBER PORTABILITY IN THIS FORKING COUNTRY ASAP.

But i feel the only reason why NCC has been foot dragging on the issue is because MTN has bribed their top guns. (Just my opinion tho and let no one criticize me for this). Otherwise why the fork has the project not kicked off sll this while?
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Jubal01: 6:14am On Jul 11, 2012
Billyonaire: People keep complaining of MTN, yet these same persons still retain MTN simcard. Stop complaining and make a move. Get BB and do more chatting and less voice calls or get a cheaper network.
C ur mouth lyk BB. R al fingas dsame? Fool.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Wilfredng: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: Any thing MTN is 419. Their charge is always "as low as...". Always never specific. So you end up paying 100k/s!
You summarized MTN tariff plans in the bolded test. What Fraudulent Network. Month after month, I pay for their internet bundle that never worked well. God will judge them.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by rman: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2012
fork adict:

I know say you go everly show for here.

I got just one message for you and your employers. Let's wait for number portablility to take effect in naija. Only then shall we see the one that needs to grow up.Either me or you and your employers.

I am afraid you can not reason logically. Number portability will come and it will not translate to FREE CALLS.
All your rants is about freebies. And right now without number portability you can move quietly to the network that offers such.

I ve noticed on this forum how all people do is complain, but on the same thread they refer to one as better.

Then voila they come and open a thread about the same good op
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by cuteprinz(m): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2012
@all: Pls note this, MTN ZONE is CITY specific. Again, the lowest call rates of 5-10K is attained ONLY between 10pm and 7am(mondays to saturdays). The rates you see on your screen IS NOT ALWAYS GOING TO BE THE CHARGE WHEN YOU CALL. It is when you dial anIf MTN number that you will know the CALL RATE. you make calls outside your CITY or where MTN ZONE is not available, you will be charged N0.50k per sec. And the service is NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL STATES OF THE COUNTRY. Akwa Ibom state is one of the few states where the service is available. I am using the plan on my MTN, but i'm always very careful cos those guys can be very funny. God will help us (GSM SUBSCRIBERS) in this country.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by francis247(m): 7:04am On Jul 11, 2012
everything get class. MTN is for 1st Class Citizens, GLO for 2nd class, Airtel and others for 3rd class. Shikina!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Freestyl: Which of the packages? Cuz MTN Pulse is N10 per sec.
geez! I hate MTN pulse with a passion. The trick here is dat u only get 2 pulsate wiv ppl on d pulse package and den frnds on oda packages are charged 30k per second. Mehn, dat is really dubious.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2012
francis247: everything get class. MTN is for 1st Class Citizens, GLO for 2nd class, Airtel and others for 3rd class. Shikina!
lwkm. Clown! Buh kindda true shaa. *Wink*
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Enlightened1: 7:25am On Jul 11, 2012
I thought I am the only one experiencing this scam by MTN. Please someone tell me how can you Load N200 make call 2 MTN number and before 4 mins N200 is exhausted?? Anybody experiencing such?
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by ORAFA(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2012

What happened to DSTV?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

App To Watch Online Youtube Video On Nokia C2-o3 / Nigerians Spend N197bn Monthly On Internet Data / TECNO POVA: 4 Things You Need To Know About The New Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.