Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,148 members, 7,949,956 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? (1250 Views)

How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? / How Many Languages Do You Know? / What Languages Do You Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? by NeuroBoss(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nairaland est une plateforme nigeriane ou plusieurs rubriques sont discutes et des idees partagees No podemos mas pretender que no tenemos problemas en Nigeria. Debemos actuar! O portugues e um lengua falada em varios paises do mundo como brasil e portugal. Now, if you understood these short writings in french, spanish and portuguese respectively without turning to Google translator, then you are truly a polyglot. Polyglots are people who have mastery over many languages. They are people with uncommon passion for languages as they spend most of their time glued to their grammar books or practising a new language. I caught the bug of learning languages by learning french some years back. I have since discovered that acquiring languages is my passion and talent and I have committed my time and resources to learning all major European languages plus Arabic including Mandarin Chinese which I just started learning. Fellow Polyglot Nairalanders, share your languages and your experiences with them.

1 Like

Re: Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 30, 2012
I wouldn't say I am multilingual exactly but...
I can write and understand Spanish really well, Speak Patois, English, Nigerian Pidgin
and trying to learn Portuguese as well as a few other African dialects/languages. smiley
Re: Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:17am On Sep 30, 2012
I would say 2 and a half, since I don't consider pidgin a language but a dialect. I speak Yoruba, and English fluently. I

took some french lessons back in school but I'm not fluent though, Oh and i know a couple of hindi,bengali, arabic, urdu, twi, and swahili

words (through friends). and i can say hi and bye in spanish grin grin Those are pretty much my experience with languages,

they are very complex I must say. My main goal is to learn 2 other nigerian languages before I turn 30. *crossing fingers on that*
Re: Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
*Kails*:
I wouldn't say I am multilingual exactly but...
I can write and understand Spanish really well, Speak Patois, English, Nigerian Pidgin
and trying to learn Portuguese as well as a few other African dialects/languages. smiley

Bien; pues entonces recibe mis saludos!
Yo hablo Español, Francés, Catalán, Gallego y Portugués.
Ojalá algún día yo pueda hablar yorubá.
No hablo una sóla palabra de inglés LOL!
Un fuerte abrazo a todos, queridos amigos!
Re: Polyglots: How Many Languages Do You Speak? by NeuroBoss(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2016
@lalasticlala, may you deem this thread front page worthy to help gather data for the Nigerian Polyglot Project. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Photos:: First Pregnant Man Gives Birth To A Baby Girl In Argentina / 10 Forbidden Names In Nigeria / Gandhi Jayanti 2015 Birthday Celebration Skit Play Drama For Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.