Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,491 members, 7,971,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 04:45 PM

At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? (23287 Views)

If You Could Be One Age Forever, What Age Would You Choose? / At What Age Should A Naija Guy Be Looking To Get Married? / Are U Proud To Be Called A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by sansom1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
Age does't matter,when you mature and have the ability to manage someone like you.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by yommy2sure(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
When you begin make decisions and stand by them with no unnecessary consultation from mum,dad,aunt,uncle...i think
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by free2ryhme: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
miketonic: once he INSERT his JOYSTICk in a female PUNNY...thats when he is considered a MAN

seconded !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caracta:

Does that make a sexually abused 6-year-old a man?

lol
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Caracta(f): 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

I think so... That little nigga has lost his innocence and is now a little man..

This really got me LOL!
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by r231(m): 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
hmmmmm at 4yrs old grin grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by tubolancer(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
You are too slow those girls they want you bad but you snailish attitude has become your misfortune really you are childish.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by vescucci(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
There's no specific age. Especially the upper limit. Maybe there's a lower limit. Many people are still children at 70. Basically many people got it right in my opinion. Being a man is being an adult male (which means taking responsibility for your actions) who has had some experience borne out of mistakes and wrong choices. That's mainly what I consider what being a man is
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by IYANGBALI: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
when he begins to grow bear bear for him T junction
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Raphtop(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
degamonn: I dont bahave childish, that i know. Besides, I wear a face that looks older than my age because am in my early 30s and already having grey beards .Yet, a lady friend of mine in my office often addresses me as a boy and I keep reminding her that am a man and not a boy.
I was suprised when another lady in my office reffered to me as a boy and i immediately corrected her that am a man and not a boy.
My question is 'when is 1 old enough to be a man'. If u say its only those male who are married, the 2nd lady I talked about never knew me as to if am married or not more so,she is in another dept in a different apartment who does not even know me as such.secondly,am wrong in telling them that an adult male is a man? Is it an abuse of words on their part?
pooooo! U'r a boi dude. K on a cwious note, a boi becomes a man at 'whatever' age he starts behaving like a man by making 'rational' decision on his own. Look inward and amend ur wayz man
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
the age he starts acting like one
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Monjerk: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
May be those ladies av offer u their puss.y and u refuse to pfuc.k them, just yansh them and they will start 2 called u uncle and man. Lol
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by dasparrow: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
degamonn: I dont bahave childish, that i know. Besides, I wear a face that looks older than my age because am in my early 30s and already having grey beards .Yet, a lady friend of mine in my office often addresses me as a boy and I keep reminding her that am a man and not a boy.
I was suprised when another lady in my office reffered to me as a boy and i immediately corrected her that am a man and not a boy.
My question is 'when is 1 old enough to be a man'. If u say its only those male who are married, the 2nd lady I talked about never knew me as to if am married or not more so,she is in another dept in a different apartment who does not even know me as such.secondly,am wrong in telling them that an adult male is a man? Is it an abuse of words on their part?

Once you are legally an adult, you are a man. In Nigeria, you are legally an adult at age 21. However, others might argue that you are a man once you are able to make your own decisions in life. Others might say once you get a job and move out of your parents house and get your own apartment or house you are a man. Yet others might say you are only a man when you get married and multiply like a grimlin. The most important thing is, you alone can tell when you have grown into a man. You don't need anyone telling you that you are a man before you think you are one.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by ismhab(m): 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
By the time you reach 50.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by JoeBatters: 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
If dem call u 'boy', u call them 'small girls', but e b like say dem dey give u green light, no dullin, follow up sharp sharp. Show those small girls say u, na old boys association. grin
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by tryoliviame: 11:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
As for me a man is considered a man wen he can do without beating his wife. Mine is a monster
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by ibhena(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2012
Internationally, a man is any male that has attained the age of maturity i.e. 18 years. But we in Africa give it different colouration depending on time and circumstance. People your age or older than you sometimes refer to you as "boy" which is tolerated most times (especially among friends or close colleagues) but when it comes from younger people then it is considered disrespectful. To your parents however, as long as you are alive, no matter how old, YOU ARE A BOY!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by BRAVEFIT(f): 6:51am On Jul 13, 2012
You become a man the day u start having sexual feeling towards opposite sex. And a woman, the day u lost your virginity.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by kufzy: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2012
miketonic: once he INSERT his JOYSTICk in a female PUNNY...thats when he is considered a MAN

seconded !!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol. U funny die. Just advice dis guy in d good way.
To be a man is not a day job
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by georgesylva(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2012
during the world wars 1 and 2, most of the young men who gave up their lives for their countries were from 17 to 28. Yet they were refered to as MEN.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by georgesylva(m): 7:43am On Jul 13, 2012
tryoliviame: As for me a man is considered a man wen he can do without beating his wife. Mine is a monster
Sorry to hear that Ma'am.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2012
tryoliviame: As for me a man is considered a man wen he can do without beating his wife. Mine is a monster
I'm so sorry to hear that ma'am
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2012

So whose fault is it that he beats you?!

Is it that you are a biitch... or Is it that he is a monster..?

As much as I dont sanction the beating of women, I have seen some women that deserve a Federal Government beatdown!
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by jelikay: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2012
i will advice you to get married on time, invite all or few of co-worker to your wedding, always wear your wedding ring, they will never refer to you as a boy and there will be more respect for your personalties. gudluk.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by MrMandilas: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2012
They have been expecting u to chat them up and u are there carring files up and down. So they believe you are a boy because u never act like a man! Hook up one man! Act like a man,that is what they mean.
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by MrMandilas: 8:40am On Jul 13, 2012
Check ur ways. U may be the achitect of ur pains. No marriage is perfect!
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2012
at times i surround myself with men, i tend to to forget we hv shallow minded, deranged fools that call themselves men too
i cannot understand how someone in their right mind can look @ tryoliviame's comment and respond the way Okija juju and Mr Mandilas have.
It's saddening and it brings me back to the culture and mentality in my country
*sigh* we are in bondage....and i'm damn sure d white man did not put us there!
smh.....
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2012
Shollypopz: at times i surround myself with men, i tend to to forget we hv shallow minded, deranged fools that call themselves men too
i cannot understand how someone in their right mind can look @ tryoliviame's comment and respond the way Okija juju and Mr Mandilas have.
It's saddening and it brings me back to the culture and mentality in my country
*sigh* we are in bondage....and i'm damn sure d white man did not put us there!
smh.....

Sweetheart!!

I am a gentleman to the teeth.. With the exception of maybe a few childhood fights with my sister, I have never laid a hand on a woman.. HOWEVER!!!! Just like we all facially differ one from another, so also do our characters and personalities.. I repeat, some women deserve a federal government Mopol and JTF beatdown.. So also do some (if not most) men.. Lets cut the bullshit of weaker sex and painting all women to be saints..

If you look beyond the tone of my post, you would notice that I neither judged nor condemned her.. I simply asked, WHY & whose fault is it?!

To even expantiate on my further post in response to hers.. Most men no longer physically abuse women.. Its now psychological and thats even worse.. So just because a guy dosent lay his hands on you dont make him a Man.. He might just be tearing you down from the inside and that type of abuse takes longer to heal.. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, this is a two way affair as women also do the exact same thing to men.. Difference is Men are raised not to talk about their sufferings at the hands of a woman (as its most likely to immasculate him) while women take a megaphone and shout at the top of their lungs so that everyone and anyone would hear and take pity on them..

So again, I might be deranged, but I only speak the bitter truth..

The gods are wise

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 13, 2012
Ekans: Once you spend a night in a nigerian cell,then your qualified to be called a man.
you be warri-born?
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju: .
Dude! i knw what emotional abuse is, so save me d bullsh*t. When i talked about surrounding myself with 'real' men, i wasn't joking!
.....@speaking the bitter truth....
my dear, no woman deserves to be beaten, i don't give a rat as*s what she might hv said or done, no man should lay his hands on his wife. Ce finit!
d cycle of abuse in that household has got to stop!!.....
there is nothing a woman should say to get u to the point of hitting her.
The moment u respond violently, d problem is no longer your wife but u, d man. That has got to deal with his issues(anger, insecurity)......
No one should be blamed 4 another's action! Hence save tryoliviame ur knavish prodding! angry angry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Yuzarsif(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2012
As 4 me wen u re 18yrs u re a man
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2012
Shollypopz:
Dude! i knw what emotional abuse is, so save me d bullsh*t. When i talked about surrounding myself with 'real' men, i wasn't joking!

my dear, no woman deserves to be beaten, i don't give a rat a.ss what she might hv said or done, no man should lay his hands on his wife. ce finit!
d cycle of abuse in that household has got to stop!!.....
there is nothing a woman should say to get u to the point of hitting her.
The moment u respond violently, d problem is no longer your wife but u, d man that has got to deal with his issues(anger, insecurity)......
No one should be blamed 4 another's action! Hence save tryoliviame ur knavish prodding! angry angry

I guess we have to agree to disagree as we hold very divergent views on the subject.. Apparently you are still stuck with the weaker sex line of arguement..

'No woman deserves to be beaten, I dont give a rat arse what she might have done'... #Priceless!! Very very very priceless.. Thanks for sharing!!
Re: At What Age Should A Boy Be Called A Man? by jusbal(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2012
According 2 my own classification.....18-35 is early adulthood....36-50 middle adulthood.....50-60....late adulthood....den 60 and above is aged......in dis respect,i believe 4rm 36 upward which is d begining of middle adulthood dats wen u one shold be called a man.....though some factors varies but as at dat age.....one should be able 2 knw d real meaning of life irrespective of ur financial status....and stood by all life challenges....if dat person does not knw d meaning of life 4rm 36 up till 40 den dat person is a fool 4ever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilda Baci: What Can You Do Nonstop For 90 Hours? / Christmas Tree: Ben Murray-Bruce Claps Back At A Twitter User / Pictures Of Nigerian Independence Day Parade In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.