Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,819 members, 7,945,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) (5053 Views)

Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti - Jaiye Jaiye Video / Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti- Jaiye Jaiye / Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy Award For The Third Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by mukina2: 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2012

1 Like

Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by dangerzone: 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ko bad
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by alaoeri: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2012
Afro/hip-pop like the creativity.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by cap28: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
can you compare that trash to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1hx88nz9M
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by ANYPEN(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
cap28: can you compare that trash to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1hx88nz9M

Impossible! You can't compare sleep with death nah!
Until we get back to gaining that part of our senses that appeals to musicians showing their skills with musical instruments, we may never enjoy music again just some lousy noise.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by cap28: 12:10am On Jul 14, 2012
ANY-PEN :

Impossible! You can't compare sleep with death nah!
Until we get back to gaining that part of our senses that appeals to musicians showing their skills with musical instruments, we may never enjoy music again just some lousy noise.

Exactly my brother!

here is another Fela masterpiece that can never be replicated (even by his sons):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKxeWlCMcI
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by dnative(m): 2:33am On Jul 14, 2012
cap28:

Exactly my brother!

here is another Fela masterpiece that can never be replicated (even by his sons):

Let's not even start. Baba's shoes are too large for anyone to fill. It will forever be a legacy to be remembered, never one that could be matched or replicated.

CBB? - musico perfecta! simply awesome. long flowing, masterstroke, delivered to perfection!

Also to watch and take on board, "Questlove on Fela" interview, provides some insight to the depth of this great musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ccoFct508

Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 14, 2012
1. I listened to Fela's songs

2. Cleaned out my ears, making sure it wasn't due to hearing problems

3. Searched his videos using another browser

4. Made sure it was Fela I was listening to.

Conclusion; I'm not impressed nor do I get the hype.

2 Likes

Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Orochimaru11: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2012
D song and video really sucked
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

1. I read your post
2. I cleaned out my tears making sure it wasn't due to eye problem
3. Checked your post with another browser
4. Made sure it was ileke-idi's post I read

Conclusion: I'm very impressed on your public display of ignorance grin

4 Likes

Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2012
colly227:

1. I read your post

Sometimes we should be careful with how we throw words around, esp if we do not know the meaning.

So exactly what was ignorant about not liking an artist?
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Sometimes we should be careful with how we try words around, esp if we do not know the meaning.

So exactly what was ignorant about not liking an artist?

If you don't like an artist don't use the word hyped just because you listened to a few songs from his numerous albums. Fela is more than a prophet cos most of the things we are suffering today is in his lyrical contents, he was brave enough to speak up for the masses inspite of the tortures he went through, he promoted African music to the highest level of which no one has matched till date.......that's the little I can teach you. Never use the word hype if you know nothing about an artist.

1 Like

Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by onlinebigboy: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2012
colly227:

1. I read your post

i don laff wear shoe enter CELE church00000
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2012
Pls pls n pls, listen to the Songs of Baba Fela and feel d Rythm of d most Fearless Activist in d history of Nigeria. He tackled d vicious military tyrants in those days and his mother was murdered in a kind of death u can't wish 4 ur enemy. Though he can be naughty some times, eg The intro of "Army arrangement" and another song where he trashed d foreign religions(Islam n Christianity).
Check ds thread out-
www.nairaland.com/983439/baba-fela-songs-extracted-contemporary
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Dells(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2012
FELA {For Ever Live Aerobeeat}. i rep afrobeat till I die. Long live Nigeria,long live Africa. Viva Africa.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by ANYPEN(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
cap28:

Exactly my brother!

Thanks for dishing me good music. Though I have these tracks, it is more interesting when I know someone feels this just the way am feeling it.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by snoopy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2012
I was very lucky to have gotten a torrent file to download fela's complete discography that includes all his songs ever since he began his musical career from high life down to evolution of afro beat and I must say this man was almost more than a legend in his days. His masterful combination of the various musical instruments which can get you lost in the sounds of his musical contraption coupled with his rare guts is simply......unparalleled world over! and I won't be totally wrong if I conclude he was a greater musician than bob marley was.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
colly227:

If you don't like an artist don't use the word hyped just because you listened to a few songs from his numerous albums. Fela is more than a prophet cos most of the things we are suffering today is in his lyrical contents, he was brave enough to speak up for the masses inspite of the tortures he went through, he promoted African music to the highest level of which no one has matched till date.......that's the little I can teach you. Never use the word hype if you know nothing about an artist.

That's your opinion of Fela.

He's over hyped to me.

If you don't agree with another person's analysis, simply step aside. Don't try to use vocabularies you don't understand.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Moderrator: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

That's your opinion of Fela.
He's over hyped to me.
If you don't agree with another person's analysis, simply step aside. Don't try to use vocabularies you don't understand.
You definitely don't know fella.
He is actually under-hyped.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Moderrator: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
lol song. Nonsense.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 15, 2012
Not a bad collabo. I think Femi should have done more time on the sax though.
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by samchide(m): 2:09am On Jul 23, 2012
Pls Use Oshé mi Bakan by Shady n' Sayon as ur caller tune Text 035549 to 4100 MTN users only pls Share
Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Thing is you are not really musically inclined.

just like anyone else, you like a good tune, sing-a-long etc, but when it comes to the music part, you are not there at all.

kinda like the average person who just does not get opera, or jazz etc.

For one, Fela produced a prodigious amount of music. and amazingly ALL WERE ORIGINAL!!!

secondly, that man played with a full live band, not techno, not "dee-jay track one" grin grin

every note in his music the man composed and arranged, and perfomed.

he was actually capable of playing multiple musical instruments properly, not mic & crotch grabbing tinz

his musical prowess was excellent, on countless occasions musically savvy people would listen to his music and not find a single musical flaw.

he had awesome stage craft. people did not flock to the Shrine for nothing, every performance was a treat. he had the art down to a treat, complete with dancers tongue tongue, crazy showmanship etc. NOBODY ALIVE HAS ANYTHING ON FELA when it comes to showmanship. all these your lady gaga etc would take notes.
fela was tearing up society and creating scandals back when pantylines were a peep show in public cheesy cheesy

how many musicians do you know that transcend tribal boundaries in nigeria?

his music had immense social relevance, meaning. he is almost prophet-like in his musical content.
and his songs had meaning. not "jawon si konga!!! yeah tinz"

his music crossed boundaries many artistes today struggle to. FEla is known everywhere in the world. at a point the only music from nigeria known outside was Afrobeat and Juju.
Till today you can still find his influence there. for marketing sake every promoter out there call nigerian music afrobeat. imagine calling dbanj an afrobeat musician (oliver twist na afrobeat? how? grin grin grin grin)

And for bleeps sake, which tracks did you listen to exactly? i get how you may not feel all his music, normal, but that you will not find about half of his tracks good is soo not true.

1 Like

Re: Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video) by slimghost(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Please continue listening to your "dami duro", "oyato" and "wata bambam" and leave Fela outta your mouth please.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Sinach New Single Titled ”my Everything / How To Dance Etighi(nigerian Efik Dance) / VIDEO: Qdot – Wo!! (refix Cover) [DOWNLOAD]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.