Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,325 members, 7,971,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:14 AM

Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? (8121 Views)

UN Security Council: How Nigeria Can Get Permanent Seat- Kodjo, Former Togo PM / Seriously, No One Can Perform This Miracle In 4 Years / Kenya Police Boss Kimaiyo Resigns, Can It Happen In Naija? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
gulfer: Again, comprehension-ehn! The topic says; 'Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria?' Strange disease to be old.

And again, the thread is irrelevant as it has happened severally at all levels in Nigeria... This young generation has really gone to the dogs
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
Beaf:

The speaker in one of the Northern states "resigned" earlier this week. Anyone can "resign" under duress.

Your example is poor. That Togolese politician did not resign, but was sacrificed by Togo's maximum leader.
I'm sure you can find better examples to use within Africa, instead of the very poor one from Togo.

No speaker resigned, LIE-LIE, it was a PDP deputy speaker because PDP were to replace him with another PDP man. he was also to be impeached from being a deputy..

LIE-LIE MAN.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2012
honeric01:

No speaker resigned, LIE-LIE, it was a PDP deputy speaker because PDP were to replace him with another PDP man. he was also to be impeached from being a deputy..

LAILAI MAN.

How did you come about this piece of info?
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

How did you come about this piece of info?

Because it's a news.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by gaddafe(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
@op Listen well

1. In 1966 after the coup led by Major Kaduna Nzeogu was stopped. The hierachy of power rested on Nwafor Orizu he resigned and handed over to Aguiyi Ironsi

2 As someone had said earlier Babangida also resigned.

3. Ernest Shonekan also resigned.

What else do you want to hear. These men held positions in the highest office in Nig
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
honeric01:

Because it's a news.

To me, it is
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
gaddafe: @op Listen well

1. In 1966 after the coup led by Major Kaduna Nzeogu was stopped. The hierachy of power rested on Nwafor Orizu he resigned and handed over to Aguiyi Ironsi

What else do you want to hear. These men held positions in the highest office in Nig

School the young lad... grin
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
gaddafe: @op Listen well

Babangida resigned from what exactly? was he employed in the first place?

All these people you listed "are" uniform men (don't include FIDI EH).
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Goldcon: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
@Poster: I dont understand how this is a miracle in anyway. Many leaders has resigned at different levels in Nigeria. By the way, Gnassingbe family are dictators that has ruled Togo for decades. I dont know all the details but this to me is more of a bad news than good news. Miracle ko, wonder nee.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Tatian(f): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
gboss4sure: Nigeria is Nigeria and Togo is Togo, Both countries has different people and different way of life. I cant start wishing to be a togonian because their prime minister resigned.

Sorry bro, it isn't Togonian but Togolese grin
gboss4sure: Nigeria is Nigeria and Togo is Togo, Both countries has different people and different way of life. I cant start wishing to be a togonian because their prime minister resigned.

Sorry bro, it isn't Togonian but Togolese
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by sayso: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
But which one be people viewing this topic list? only for me to look at the list but my name is not there.Am I not viewing and commenting on this topic?
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by gulfer: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
Goldcon: @Poster: I dont understand how this is a miracle in anyway. Many leaders has resigned at different levels in Nigeria. By the way, Gnassingbe family are dictators that has ruled Togo for decades. I dont know all the details but this to me is more of a bad news than good news. Miracle ko, wonder nee.
@ Gold[b]CON[/b] go and get the details and come back.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Shuen: 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
gboss4sure: Nigeria is Nigeria and Togo is Togo, Both countries has different people and different way of life. I cant start wishing to be a togonian grin grin grin because their prime minister resigned.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by doncoozey: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
[quote author=gboss4sure]Nigeria is Nigeria and Togo is Togo, Both countries has different people and different way of life. I cant start wishing to be a togonian because their prime minister resigned.[Chei which kon be togonian again o. Okoro na togolese o
]
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by doncoozey: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
Gboss na togolese o
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
i never thought i will say this, but beaf is right, togo is a poor example to use, sigh. sad
dont8: I support Beaf on this, the buck stops at the president's desk and that post (PM) is ceremonial, let the C in C step-down first, comeback to post it and then start comparing them with Nigeria.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by BigBenoski(m): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2012
1st half: beaf, okija_juju 1 -0 gulfer. 2nd half to kick off in a minute.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
BigBenoski: 1st half: beaf, okija_juju 1 -0 gulfer. 2nd half to kick off in a minute.

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa..... Na me be Otedola, ehn be Farouk... grin
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Cmiller(m): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
HA!!!.....try am 4 9ja na longtin
al ds billionz no dey togo na,dm no get enuf 2 drag dia. Hia yu must be Lawanian 2 prove dt.....hehehe
YOLO
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by dont8(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2012
Point of correction, its Togolese and not Togonian, cheers.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by dont8(m): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
In most African countries, prime ministers are ceremonial and example abound.
Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, Kenya and Congo, etc; are good example of this.
double j1: Isn't the president the one ceremonial? or is it the prime minister that is ceremonial?
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
Of course, IBB did it.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
I applaud Orika Juju for putting the OP and other bastions of inferiority complexes in their place. I'm tired of some people in our country seeing any and everything happening elsewhere and assuming it's a sign that those people or that place is better than our own. The togolese are praying to have a country that's at least like Nigeria and better, not the other way around. Though im not an expert on Nigerian history any casual observer knows we've had heads resign (Babangida, Salami, Obasanjo (military)ect). On top of that we're on out 3rd democractically elected president and this article is about Togo fighting to have it's first. Imagine one person ruling Nigeria for 40 years than handing over to his son, meanwhile Abacha's son and Obasanjo's daughter can't win there own local government election. Nigeria gets attacked needlessly and senselessly, Our rights and governance is actually advanced compared to the rest of Africa. We have corruption but Egypt's dictator was richer than all of Egypt. We have an all powerful party but in the rest of africa opposition is being shot and killed while ours are winning elections. In Eritrea and Ethiopia journalists are killed, and this has only happened a handful of times in nigeria's darkest hour which we're today very far from. Politicians actually get arrested for corruption and investigated, and though the system is not perfect and extremely disappointing you have to understand that corruption in the rest of africa has nothing to fear. In the Congo the government is actively killing it's own people. Mugabe has driven Zimbabwe's economy into the dirt, and Togo has been ruled by the same family for 40 years! Look at Occupy Nigeria. We all came out and raised hell over the increase of fuel price while in most of africa they're not even allowed to raise hell if their family members are killed by the government, and our government listened. Had it been Sudan, Chad, Libya, Uganda or Gambia there would have been a bloodbath. Nigeria is not perfect but please say so in a respectful and realistic tone

2 Likes

Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Beaf: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
^
The same family has actually ruled Togo for 45 years, not 40. Its one hell of a country.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Naijamericana: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
gulfer:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/12/togos-pm-resigns/

You know the answer to the question you have posed, don't be ignorant. angry
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ikengawo: I applaud Orika Juju for putting the OP and other bastions of inferiority complexes in their place. I'm tired of some people in our country seeing any and everything happening elsewhere and assuming it's a sign that those people or that place is better than our own. The togolese are praying to have a country that's at least like Nigeria and better, not the other way around. Though im not an expert on Nigerian history any casual observer knows we've had heads resign (Babangida, Salami, Obasanjo (military)ect). On top of that we're on out 3rd democractically elected president and this article is about Togo fighting to have it's first. Imagine one person ruling Nigeria for 40 years than handing over to his son, meanwhile Abacha's son and Obasanjo's daughter can't win there own local government election. Nigeria gets attacked needlessly and senselessly, Our rights and governance is actually advanced compared to the rest of Africa. We have corruption but Egypt's dictator was richer than all of Egypt. We have an all powerful party but in the rest of africa opposition is being shot and killed while ours are winning elections. In Eritrea and Ethiopia journalists are killed, and this has only happened a handful of times in nigeria's darkest hour which we're today very far from. Politicians actually get arrested for corruption and investigated, and though the system is not perfect and extremely disappointing you have to understand that corruption in the rest of africa has nothing to fear. In the Congo the government is actively killing it's own people. Mugabe has driven Zimbabwe's economy into the dirt, and Togo has been ruled by the same family for 40 years! Look at Occupy Nigeria. We all came out and raised hell over the increase of fuel price while in most of africa they're not even allowed to raise hell if their family members are killed by the government, and our government listened. Had it been Sudan, Chad, Libya, Uganda or Gambia there would have been a bloodbath. Nigeria is not perfect but please say so in a respectful and realistic tone

No mind the guy.... All he knows about politics and current affairs are all from his blackberry broadcasts...

You never notice say the vulcaniser never return to the thread since... grin
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by gulfer: 6:51am On Jul 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

No mind the guy.... All he knows about politics and current affairs are all from his blackberry broadcasts...

You never notice say the vulcaniser never return to the thread since... grin
Not everyone has the time to waste on social site trolls like you and your ilks. If you check through the posts, you will understand who is the toddler in reasoning. BTW, i don't believe I should continue to argue with someone who has comprehension problems and will not respond to a long-winded archaic reasoning by some Methuselah. undecided
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2012
gulfer: Not everyone has the time to waste on social site trolls like you and your ilks. If you check through the posts, you will understand who is the toddler in reasoning. BTW, i don't believe I should continue to argue with someone who has comprehension problems and will not respond to a long-winded archaic reasoning by some Methuselah. undecided

Mr man, just admit that you're wrong, shikena!
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by gulfer: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2012
J12:

did you say something, sorry u cannot force your view on me. Its a news story and I added a question.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2012
J12:

Don't mind the unrepentant delinquent...

He failed woefully in his bid to make Nigeria look bad and only ended up displaying his moronic ignorance of the political affair of Nigeria... His next thread will prolly be dumber than this..

If he had any conscience, he would bury his head in shame...

@op

Next time you think up a stupid question like this, use google or better yet an encyclopaedia...
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by gulfer: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

Don't mind the unrepentant delinquent...

He failed woefully in his bid to make Nigeria look bad and only ended up displaying his moronic ignorance of the political affair of Nigeria... His next thread will prolly be dumber than this..

If he had any conscience, he would bury his head in shame...

@op

Next time you think up a stupid question like this, use google or better yet an encyclopaedia...
when there is a question you don't understand, and are without an answer: shut your ancient mouth and stop comparing what happened in the military era to a democracy. Better move on to others as I am more than those you force your crap thots down their throats.
Re: Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? by Esss(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2012
gulfer: when there is a question you don't understand, and are without an answer: shut your ancient mouth and stop comparing what happened in the military era to a democracy. Better move on to others as I am more than those you force your crap thots down their throats.

Keep typing bullshit!! I dont know why Okija Juju is even bothering!!

Havent you noticed that nobody is looking at this bullshit anymore.. Your band of supporters have embraced superior arguement, been educated, rehabilitated and are now wiser.. You are still holding stubbornly to nothing... I shall keep you in my prayers..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brief Profile Of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu:abia State PDP Gubernatorial Candidate / Reactions As Buhari Pronounced Covid19 As "Covik One Nine Virus' / Ripples Effect: An Igbo Man Stripped Of Baale Tittle In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.