Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,312 members, 7,971,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? (16335 Views)

Poor Guys Don't Get The Most Beautiful But Get The Best Relationship / Ever Received A Rival's Call? / Best Relationship Quotes Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
Don't ever depend on any1 in dis world including ur own shadow, cos they 'll all leave u wen u're in d dark. Put ur trust in God alone cos He neva fails.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Onegai(f): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
horny4u: Finding the book "the rules of dating" Ellen fein

Do not call him ! and always wait at least 24 hours before replying his mail.

Be easy to be with and very sweet when you are with him but be indifferent when you are not with him ( makes him want to be with you so you get dates and makes him wonder).

End telephone conversation first and within 10 mins ( If he wants to talk more he will set up a date).

Rori Raye diva Creed:
Date as many men as you can manage (not sleep) , treat all of them equally until you get the ring.

Actually, this is really bad advice. I used to believe it, then a friend talked to me and I realised the only reason this advice was any good was because it worked for a certain type of man: the guy whom without this type of behavior, he wouldn't notice you, a man who doesn't actually want YOU. Because if he did, you wouldn't need to pull all these stunts to get him, you're sorta competing with other ladies for his attention. If you have to play a game to get a guy, chances are once he's caught, he'll see the real you (and I've never met anyone who went "awesome, I got manipulated into marrying this person, yay"wink. All those stunts work in the first 6 weeks of casual dating only. And it's super-important that a man feels that he got you himself, not that you played hard to get, they know and hate that.
And as for date as many men as you can manage until you get the ring, well, that means the important thing is the ring, not the man behind the ring. It becomes like the tv series The Bachelor "hey, I will date all these women casually, and I will marry one, though I couldn't concentrate on knowing her well before marrying.". Why not date casually, then pick a bf out of all those?

The advice Rori Raye gives is targeted to women who are trying to get high-maintenance men. And you want your spouse, not some guy who likes you because you acted hard to get. I've seen this rels in real life: he got the girl, then went back to happily cheating or whatever, the hunt was over (yes, even after marriage).

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
p. rimzi:
1. Love is a choice! You choose to love to stay in love. The feeling wears out time and again, thats when your choice saves the day.

2. Love is a verb, not a noun. Its what you do, not what you confess, if your actions doesnt "prove it", cry then theres something badly wrong.

3. Time and again, you'd meet babes finer, smarter, more intelligent, more charming, sweeter etc - Dont follow your eyes or your feelings, make your choice and stay in love.

i just had to quote you dude (like wasn't enuff 4me).....U MAKE SENSE DIE! smiley
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by bittyend(m): 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why did this s.lag block the posts? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by kandiikane(m): 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
Anyway.

I dey sholly's side here.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by fromacho: 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
Carry the relationship on your shoulder and not on your head.*back to sleep*
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 14, 2012
@kandiikane: Thanks boo, wink
@bittyend: i think it's his anterior insular failing him
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by bittyend(m): 12:00am On Jul 14, 2012
Anyway,

Love isn't something you choose, it's a subconscious emotion that grows with time. Most people don't know when they fall in love till they start feeling it. Since we can't control our emotions, then we can't control love. Once you start controlling it, then it becomes something else.

Love is a noun, loving is a verb. You can love without necessarily showing it.

Ever heard of unspoken love? That's is the ish.

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Akudad: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2012
"In a relatnshp,bth parties need 2 ve a life of deir own wtout so mch dependency on one anoda"
"marriage is 4 men n women nt boys n gals"
"outwrd appearance attracts,love mkes u say yes/i do bt commitment kips u in it"
"u dnt nid no one 2 giv u value,u jst nid dm 2 appreciate/enhance ur value"
"love urslf cos no one cn love u beta dan urslf"
"in datings,ladies call d shrt bt in marriages,d men assumes hs place-d head"
"marriage dnt change nobdy,a monkey b4 marriage il alwys b a monkey evn in marriage.so shine ya eyez"

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by FriendMark(m): 1:04am On Jul 14, 2012
[size=18pt]You need to be an alpha male (a.k.a Babe Magnet) to survive in the hands of women.[/size]
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nnekacherry: 2:18am On Jul 14, 2012
Never cry because of a man.
No man is worth your tears...

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Apawa(f): 3:43am On Jul 14, 2012
Brite02: if u are too sincere and open...it will be a weapon against u.. Don't be so so predictable...
exactly what kept my relationshp for 5years. He actualy told me that was what drew him to me
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 14, 2012
Don't be too possessive
Don't test ur love too much cos if he or she fails u hurt urself
Don't listen to rumour about what he or she is duin while u are absence cos many wants to scatter ur relationship and snatch ur love
Neva use harsh tones on a woman even if she uses it calm her down
No matter how much u love her and u don't want to hurt her summon courage and tell her what she is duin and u don't like with time she will change than keepn quiet because u don't want her to go and killing urself softly
Lastly neva bridge communication with her she loves it when u call and talk to her but she can pretend not to. If u stop she will think maybe u. Av started cheating her.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Humblesam(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2012
Mine is "avoid women, they are the worst
thing that can happen to you".
Funny thing was that it came from a
woman
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Humblesam(m): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2012
Humblesam: Mine is "avoid women, they are the worst
thing that can happen to you".
Funny thing was that it came from a
woman
Bro this your Teacher is the most transparent person you must have ever come across after your parent! You are lucky to have her.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by 2sexy(m): 7:36am On Jul 14, 2012
Brite02: if u are too sincere and open...it will be a weapon against u.. Don't be so so predictable...
kai! I had to comment when I saw this quote and I having it stamped to my head till death. This is the reason why girls I have met don't like it nice. They took me for a fool. Thanks man.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 14, 2012
So after all this advices, why are relationships still failing?
I will go with that guy who said that relationship advice are impractical.
Most times what works for A never works for B.
but this is what I know,
Never let anyone make you do the wrong thing.
No matter how things go in a relationship, always do what you know is right.
Do unto others as u would have them do unto u..... This is not an advice its a principle,
Don't let your experiences change u negatively, let them build u and always take the positives from the situation.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by blaise26abj(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2012
Your first relationship is not always the best because you don't know what to lookout for. from my brother and an older woman on separate occasions.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by hotstuffbea(f): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2012
"make sure he has a vision and not just a television, cos his vision will one day put u on television"... didnt undrstand t atfirst, now i do.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by ariyokunle: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2012
Well mine....men run after women,women run after real men. Also mind those advice>so u dont get too careless letting d right man/woman go + opportunities are dressed in overall gowns they dont look it.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by richeyy(m): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2012
Would you date you? If you wouldn't, don't expect him/her to date you.

You are just about as happy as you make up your mind to be.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by ijebabe: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2012
richeyy: Would you date you? If you wouldn't, don't expect him/her to date you.

You are just about as happy as you make up your mind to be.
Now this I like!
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by MrsChima(f): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Slap him and run!!!!!!
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by tayotee(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2012
Don't be too predictable.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by greatgod2012(f): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
u deserve d best!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys, reasons You Shouldn't Marry A Girl You 've Had Sex With Before. / Beware Guys : I Had Sex 10 Times Within A Week And Now This Happened (Picture) / So Confused About My Relationship - My Boyfriend Beats Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.