Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,905 members, 7,889,995 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:57 AM

Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. (9947 Views)

We Know Its Corporate Slavery, Yet We Stay / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by Guardian(m): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria !!!!.

What has suit got to do with your eloquence or your brains ?
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Bin Talal, ...

9aija keep it real. The Americans fashioned out there way of doing things from the Brits and they are on top.

The Arabs don't need to wear a suit but control vast business empires.

Bottom Line. Dress Responsibly, Talk Responsible and Intelligent.

You don't have to wear a 320S Wool suit to proove that you have got brains.

A simple Denim and shirt with nice jacket, Fitter Blazer still get's you smart, fashionable and formal.
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by HausofDinma: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
It depends on the work culture. At Apple or Facebook, you can get away with wearing jeans. On Wall Street, you can't. Unless of course you are Mark Zuckerberg. That guy wears his hoodie everywhere. Then again he's a billionaire, and they want his money.

Those of you who are mentioning Bill Gates, the Saudis e.t.c forget they are billionaires. If I were talking to them, and asking them to invest money in my business, the last thing I would be concerned about, is the way they dress. They can wear pajamas for all I care as long as they show me the money. Me, on the other hand would be dressed in a custom suit. I'll keep the jeans and blazer look for casual events or nightlife.
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by NovusHomo(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2012
Ok, I own the business and I choose to wear jeans and tee shirt (not even a regular shirt). I hire you and you want to talk about the way I dress? Well, you will become unemployed faster than you can say "whatsup!"
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 18, 2012
It depends on the corporate culture for the organization.

Companies like Google/Yahoo etc shun suit and tie while accounting firms even require their mail clerk to wear suits.
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by acidtalk: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^^ you are right. IT /Telecoms, Engineering, Architecture, and Oil and Gas companies are not keen on dressing corporate.

But the average firm/company in Nigeria places corporate dressing irrespective of the sector they are in.
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by ayox2003: 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You're talking smack.
Are Nigerians the only people in the world who have adopted suits as formal wear, or for that matter jeans and t-shirts as casual wear?
And FYI, Obama NEVER folds his sleeves when he is addressing the media. Maybe when he's in some chill-out mode or something. But every time he is in full glare of the media, he is always formally dressed. Lord knows what you're watching, maybe 106 and Park?
Haba. A Big No!
He rolled-up his sleeves while addressing the nation when the results of the NFP came out in May. He rolls up wella. Forget CNN and watch Bloomberg every first Friday of the month.

Frawzey.
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by Wallie(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
If you’re a white-collar worker meeting a client - formal attire unless history dictates otherwise.

If you’re a white-collar worker going to work – business casual (slacks and shirt with a collar, no jeans, sneakers or t-shirts).

If you’re a blue-collar worker meeting a client – look presentable.

If you’re blue-collar worker going to work – dress comfortably.

If you write your own checks – you can show up in your boxers.

If you want me to trust you with my money – you better show up in your birthday suit, act professionally and look responsible! grin
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by acidtalk: 12:06am On Jul 20, 2012
ayox2003:
Haba. A Big No!
He rolled-up his sleeves while addressing the nation when the results of the NFP came out in May. He rolls up wella. Forget CNN and watch Bloomberg every first Friday of the month.

Frawzey.

Abeg ring it into his ears again.
Who says Obama no dey roll sleeves make he go use telescope as eye glasses.
Re: Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. by AjanleKoko: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2012
acidtalk:

Abeg ring it into his ears again.
Who says Obama no dey roll sleeves make he go use telescope as eye glasses.

And that is why you have decided not to show up at interviews in formal wear?
Well, good for you. Just make sure you avoid someone like me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? / Need Help On Acca / What Certifications Are Necessary For A Graduate Of Banking And Finance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.