Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,077 members, 7,890,557 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:02 PM

Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations (1272 Views)

This Is One Of The Strongest Reasons Why many Relationships fail. / How Ladies Loose Great Guys To Their Unrealistic Expectations And Standards / 10 Reasons Why Marriages/relationships Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by bittyend(m): 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
Relationships have been failing at an alarming rate of late since the invention of the internet. More people have access to information in real time, and most apply the 'formulas'/'expectations' they get online from the so-called 'relationship experts' to their relationships.

Our parents never really had that much access to 'relationship experts', yet most of them were able to sustain their relationships for a longtime, because it was natural.

But why are relationships failing in our generation?

I think it's high time we dropped this idea that a 'relationship experts' who can't help his/her own relationship, can help us save ours.

Excessive reading breeds unrealistic expectations and we need to understand that people are different, and we do things differently.
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by slimyem: 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
ok!
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by Mynd44: 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
In other words, Inflated expectation
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by bittyend(m): 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mynd_44: In other words, Inflated expectation

Smart guy.
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by Mynd44: 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
bittyend:

Smart guy.
I have my moments
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by slimyem: 12:02am On Jul 14, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have my moments
yeah..
..moments in your mind....cheesy
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by bittyend(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have my moments

Just stop messing with those Ekiti ganjar, and you'd be alright.
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by Mynd44: 12:06am On Jul 14, 2012
slimyem: yeah..
..moments in your mind....cheesy
You know I got it
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by Mynd44: 12:07am On Jul 14, 2012
bittyend:

Just stop messing with those Ekiti ganjar, and you'd be alright.
okay I will try
Re: Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations by cog1: 7:32am On Jul 14, 2012
Too much of everything is bad,True.
To the making of many books there will be no end, and too much
Devotion to books is wearisome to the flesh True.
On the other hand,are we supposed to stop attending school because some of our
Teachers definitely failed a few exams in their time? False
Getting advice from experienced people who have been in a
Similar situation is a course of wisdom because we are able
To learn firsthand from someone who has been there and avoid
That same mistake for ourselves.
What use is there in making the same mistake over and over again?
That is why we have literature review in thesis,where you have
Opportunity to go over what others have done,correlate with your work,identify
Their mistakes and pitfalls and avoid them as much as possible,from then on
Till the end its the student's work.
Blessed day.

(1) (Reply)

Girls...be Warned!!! / "How Women Shut Men Down Emotionally" / My Friend Must Not Marry This Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.