Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,774 members, 7,941,917 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

Help- Domain Redirection Problem - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help- Domain Redirection Problem (710 Views)

Solution To Nairaland Redirection Problem On Etisalat / Webmasters Quiz :: How To Fix Apache Redirection Bugs / Apache Quiz: How Do You Setup A Redirection. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Excelboi(m): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2012
Hello guys, I have a domain name with amtechost and I am unable to redirect the domain name to my blog url as I am stucked with their control panel thing. Anyone can help me out pls? Please guys come to my aid...
My email: Exmizkid@gmail.com
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Afam4eva(m): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
Do you use cpanel?
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Excelboi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
Yes... Can u help me out with it? I can forward the login details to you...
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
On what platform is your blog? Wordpress or ?
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2012
you dont just forward your passwords to anyone. Your server could become an overnight proxy for a crime you dont want to pay for.

check for "redirect" in your cpanel, it may vary depending on the version installed
goodluck
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by DualCore1: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ask your host to set up CNAME records for your domain to point to your blog provider's parameters if you are using a blog provider like or Wordpress. That's the right way of getting your domain rerouted to your blog.
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Excelboi(m): 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
I havve contacted them for the past 12hrs now with no response. Am fed up...
@chipmonkey, its a
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by DualCore1: 4:03am On Jul 16, 2012
You can do it yourself if you have full control of your domain management.
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Excelboi(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2012
Ok now, I was able to get things moving now am stucked with the blogger custom domain settings. After redirecting it to my blog, anytime I open the blog, it won't bring any error page, just a blank page. I tried switching back to the default blog sub-domain url, the thing tends to work for like an hour and then I displays an error 404 page, any solution?
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2012
It has to do with your CNAME and A. You have to enter googles i.p address to the DNS and also change your CNAME. The i.p addresses are 4 in number.
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Excelboi(m): 9:23am On Jul 16, 2012
@ chipmunkey, see a screenshot of the ips, its orderly and correct, dnt knw where all dis is faulty!

Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by mrperfect(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2012
After neccesary configuration allow at least 24-48 hours for everything to settle.
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2012
Have you typed and saved your domain name in your blogger settings? If you have, then give it some time ..
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Excelboi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hey guys, evenin. Everything is now in order and working perfectly, thanks for ur contributions so far, I appreciate.
Re: Help- Domain Redirection Problem by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 17, 2012
Congrats!..so whats the domain name so we can take a peep.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Spent $700,000 On Mark Zuckerberg's Private Jets Last Year Read More / How To Customize Domain On Blogger / How Do I Get A Good Manual Link Building Service To Hire For My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.