Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,240 members, 7,880,896 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:51 AM

Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? (1681 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Duration For Open University / Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by muhsin(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
Hello,

Some few days ago, my friend was telling me that he read in internet that NUC come-up with new policy that in all Nigerian universities (that) duration of education courses, i.e BA Ed, BSc Ed, BEd, BEd Tech, etc is extended from its initial four years duration to five years. That's a teaching paractice year is added. Please, who read or heard this also because I flatly fail to make up any proof of the issue after spending ages searching on webs.

Thanks for your kind help.
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by Ralvy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
I hope this is a rumor shocked
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
i sincerely hope this is a rumor, madness, After that then NYSC?, rubbish
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by showbobo(m): 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2007
i heard this 2years ago.i dont think its gonna work anyway.
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by raxikool(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2007
actually, i saw it on headline but did not read it
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by davidif: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
In order for Nigeria to have the best educational system in the world like singapore it would need to recruit the best students to teach our kids, this would also solve the issue of unemployment.
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by realkemmy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2007
instead of thinking of soving unemployment wahala, na school years dem wan extend.

na craze d worry them
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by realkemmy(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
davidif:

In order for Nigeria to have the best educational system in the world like singapore it would need to recruit the best students to teach our kids, this would also solve the issue of unemployment.

@poster
hw will it solve unemployment
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by ifyalways(f): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
davidif:

how and when ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by auwal(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by BlackMamba(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
The duration of courses will not fix the quality of our graduates. I spent 5 years in a Nigeria university to pick up a certificate which I continue to regret for time wasted. Adding 5 more years would not have made any difference in the quality of education I received.
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by Lady2(f): 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2007
I applaud it because that extra year won't be spent in the classroom but on the field, It's like clinicals in nursing (I hope that clinicals are included in nursing).
U won't want ur nurse to be working on u without having spent some time practicing.
Why won't u want ur child's teacher to have experience dealing with children in the classroom?

I am all for it.
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by DisGuy: 1:35am On Dec 06, 2007
why cant they make it 3 years + 1year teaching practise
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by Jdesigns(m): 2:26am On Dec 06, 2007
why do you all cry about it. is it just starting or this is the first you are hearing that course duration goes for 5years. well, y not trying going to school in lautech where all course goes for 5yrs even accounting course.

so go get something doing than complaining and lazying around undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by ndubest(m): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2007
@ poster

HABA shocked shocked shocked
why the complain??
when others are lobbying for their course to be made 5yrs so that they can be regarded as a professional course
that means they will attain higher level in civil service and get better grade level

ohh booyyy, u know the politics wey dey for this country oooooo wink wink wink

pray education get that 5yrs so that teachers will start getting their rewards here on earth

THOUGH SOME ARE ALREADY MAKING SURE OF THAT WITH THE EXORBITANT PRICES OF HAND OUTS AND TEXT BOOK cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by graciella(f): 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2007
Pls they should not, ooo
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by folahann(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2007
It's actually true and good
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by lasmiles(f): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2007
na wah ooooooooooooooo, that is kind of too much , they wan dey compete with lawyers and doctors be that oooo,na wah but is that the best way to solve problemmmmmmmmm
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by TerrySoft(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2007
members of NUC board should have a rethink. Courses we offer for four(4) years - if not more - are offered for two(2) years in US and they are thinking of making it Five years

Sometimes i wonder if Nigerians have the same brains with the rest of the people in the developed world?
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by ifegrl(f): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2007
hey nairalanders,i just want u to notify me of any infomation on university of sokoto.idont know what else to do.contact me on 08072427340.thanks
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by eramate(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2007
wether extended or not all i no is dat 5 year duration is not the next solution to our education problem
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by bombom747: 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2008
why can't they make it 13 yrs, madness!! there is always an atom of madness in black race. especially we Nigerian. I have spent 4 yrs in Yaba tech, still in HND1.
Re: Who Heard/read That Education Courses Duration Is Extended? by Ndipe(m): 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2008
Why did I get an email alert when I never responded to this topic, prior to this?

(1) (Reply)

Imsu Admission. / Esut Admission List 2008/2009 / Unn 2011/2012 Admissions Exhausted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.