Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,059 members, 7,912,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him (565 Views)

I Have Very Little Faith In Nigerian Atheists/agnostics / I Do Not Believe in God / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him by TheOP1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
The subject of salvation as explained by the 3 major religions entails , Believing in the Oneness of God and doing good which leads to Heaven and eternal life.

Not believing in the above obligation leads to eternal damnation in Hell.

The various descriptions of Hell Fire by christians and Muslims should make any Sane person Shiver if these claims are true. Because really, no living human will see fire and want to enter it not to talk of staying for eternity.

However the description of hell and the horrors therein shouldnt be the primary reason to believe in God.

We as INTELLIGENT BEINGS have to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt of the existence of God ,who he is , and exactly what he wants us to do (Not all these guess work from diff Relgions , dinominations all claiming to be the ONE AND ONLY ULTIMATE TRUTH).

My Question to all Theists is this: Why CANT GOD CREATE A MORE ORGANISED AND OBJECTIVE SYSTEM OF TRUTH AND KNOWLEDGE OF OUR PURPOSE WHICH HE WILL PERSONALLY GIVE TO EVERY HUMAN BEING COMING TO EARTH SO WE DONT HAVE TO BE MISLEAD BY FALSE PROPHETS CLAIMING TO BE FRM HIM?

FOR EXAMPLE: WHEN ROBOTS ARE MANUFACTURED THEY ARE WELL PROGRAMMED WITH ALL THE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION THEY NEED TO FUNCTION PROPERLY AND CARRY OUT THEIR BASIC TASKS.

ON THE OTHER HAND WE HUMANS COME INTO THE WORLD AS ''TABULA RASA'' EMPTY BARRELS WHO HAVE TO BE TAUGHT AND INDOCTRINATED ACCORDING TO THE BELIEVE OF OUR IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT WHICH WE HAD NO CHOICE, OR TELL ME DID FROSBEL CHOSE TO BE BORN BY CHRISTIAN PARENTS AND IF HE WAS THE CHILD OF USMAN DAN FODIO WOULD HE HAVE BEEN A CHRISTIAN?

IF THE CLAIMS OF THEISTS BE TRUE THEN GOD HAD FAILED WOEFULLY AT PASSING HIS MESSAGE ACROSS.
Re: God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
The guy with the username that will fail when he is replying threads he didn't start:

FOR EXAMPLE: WHEN ROBOTS ARE MANUFACTURED THEY ARE WELL PROGRAMMED WITH ALL THE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION THEY NEED TO FUNCTION PROPERLY AND CARRY OUT THEIR BASIC TASKS.

ON THE OTHER HAND WE HUMANS COME INTO THE WORLD AS ''TABULA RASA'' EMPTY BARRELS WHO HAVE TO BE TAUGHT AND INDOCTRINATED ACCORDING TO THE BELIEVE OF OUR IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT WHICH WE HAD NO CHOICE, OR TELL ME DID FROSBEL CHOSE TO BE BORN BY CHRISTIAN PARENTS.
I think this is the reason why evangelism or spreading the message to non-believers is compulsory in many religions. Not everyone will be born into the faith that is regarded as the right way.
But I don't think people who didn't have any access to the message/info about the true religion should be condemned to hell simply for failing to follow a particular faith while on earth. They should be judged based on other qualities they had or other actions they carried out.
Re: God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him by TheOP1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
The background of my assertion is this: I was born into a devote Muslim family and consequently brought up and taught the Muslim way. I have lived among very devote God Fearing MUSLIMS who really really really want to serve the creator and are ready to follow his instructions to the last letter.
For example my father prays 5 times daily at the prescribed time, gives out in charity on a regular basis , FASTS EVERY MONDAY AND THURSDAY,and on a daily basis he wakes up at 3 am to offer Tahajud midnight prayers which he offers CRYING LIKE A BABY THROUGH OUT ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS OF SINS AND SEEKING REFUGE FROM FROM THE HORRORS OF THE LAST DAY.

AS SUCH I WAS BROUGHT UP TO BELIEVE ISLAM WAS THE ONLY WAY UNTIL I GAINED ADMISSION INTO A UNIVERSITY WHERE I HAD TO LIVE WITH A CHRISTIAN RELATIVE.

THIS FAMILY WAS JUST TOO NICE . ON FRIDAY EVENINGS A FELLOWSHIP USED TO HOLD AT OUR RESIDENCE WHICH I SOMETIMES ATTEND AND WAS ALWAYS MOVED BY THE PREACHING.

AND THEN MY PERSPECTIVES BEGAN TO CHANGE.

I WAS CONFUSED .
Re: God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
Go on . . . . . .
Re: God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him by tobechi20(m): 8:38am On Jul 16, 2012
Operator, u want God to programe us like machine.......by doing that, we wont have free will.....

As a human being, God has given us conscience to disturb us wen we do wrong...every human being whether theist or atheist is able to difrentiate good from bad....at times we use logic, or sence to justify our wrong doing....such act wil be punishd in hel
Re: God Is Doing Very Little To Make Us Believe In Him by cyrexx: 8:42am On Jul 16, 2012
Hmmmm
another wise soul who is bold enough to look at religion with an objective mind.
Kudos

(1) (Reply)

You, Your Sms, Your Misfortune. / What's With This Endtime Obama Ish? / The Exchanged Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.