Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,992 members, 7,903,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones (12717 Views)

Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns / Pls Guys, Suggest A Good Smart Phone For Me. Not Chinko / Enjoy The Wonders Of 'chinko' Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by slimming: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
They should warn themselves of price disparity to the African market.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by wandeay: 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
aze: What do nokia expect? Open our eyes to the mediocrity they bestow on their customers in Africa's largest Telecoms market.

Nokia launched Nokia 103 here in 9ja. Launched advanced Asha phones 305, 311 etc in Pakistan and then right across our backyard, they launched 808 Pureview in South Africa. Are we dumb or what.

But you know what, Samsung launched SGS 3 right here in 9ja. They love us and know that we like the good things of life. Am glad for that recognition and HAPPY THAT NOKIA IS LOSING MARKET SHARE IN 9JA.

Android is better than those nokia craps.

true talk
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by wesley80(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
worm: The day i saw a 'Chinko' phone with a name 'NOKLA' i knew there was a trouble for Nokia
The day I saw a 'Chinko' phone with a name 'SINGSUNG' I knew there was a trouble for Samsung. grin
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by omodapson(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nokia is warning you for your own good. Stop buying fake products, THEY KILL!!!!!!!! The effect might not be immediate though...

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by AdeniyiA(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
eeeeeeeyahhh! sorry o nokia, how market nah?
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by fuelsaver: 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
Pergrace:

same here ohhh
pls tell us!
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2012
This won stop many people from buying those chinko phones oo. Techno dey try mehn...tualle for them
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by asudan: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
thelordisgood: they shouldn't insult us in our country atall... people that bought china phone have their reasons, probably less expensive and other reasons well known to them...if you are scared of competitors cut your price down atleast you can get china-nokia phone with camera(5.0)pixel, mp3/mp4/mp5,tv,radio,car tracker,google search,facebook,twitter,bluetooth, infrared, video,dstv for just 5k...and nokia with just ordinary mp3/video and camera for 20k..., in your own reasoning, whihc one do you think people wud go for 5k with much values/20k with less value? #iamnotchinaphonefan# though.....
what is the make of the phone
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by oladayo042: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
chrishenzo: Oga Seun and his cabal, I think you guys are missing something here. The word "CHINKO" is a racist word. Though some people here might call it without any hard feelings but let's call a spade a spade.

I don't think most folks here will be happy when you visit any foreign website and see them calling blacks or Nigeria one funny name or another. Please change that name from Chinko to Chinese.

Anyway, regarding the phone I think Nokia has a company in China. So which one exactly are they talking about.
Haba! Cool down bro. To me, Chinko is to China as Naija is to Nigeria (as the majority of Nigerians know it). Nigerians do call people from Britain 'Britiko'. Anyway, I agree that 'chinko' should be removed from the title of the thread. Afterall Nokia did not name any country in the thread though we know who they are referring to.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by kramer: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
chrishenzo: Oga Seun and his cabal, I think you guys are missing something here. The word "CHINKO" is a racist word. Though some people here might call it without any hard feelings but let's call a spade a spade.

I don't think most folks here will be happy when you visit any foreign website and see them calling blacks or Nigeria one funny name or another. Please change that name from Chinko to Chinese.

Anyway, regarding the phone I think Nokia has a company in China. So which one exactly are they talking about.

Seconded
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by ChrisChino(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
JideTheBlogger: This won stop many people from buying those chinko phones oo. Techno dey try mehn...tualle for them
agreed!! TECHNO T1 no be beans.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by blackweaver(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
abeg let them mention brand names naa, i think tecno is not a substandard phone company anymore, at least i believe they are certified with the ncc (correct me if i'm wrong); besides they have service centers all over. Let nokia up their game then they won't have to fear competition
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by jidewash(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2012

u got it wrong its not a racist name,its a name of a giant chinese company.written as sinko but pronounce as chinko
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Which phone is not "Made in China" these days.

Even iPhone and iPad are designed in california and assembled in china.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Davluck(m): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
DammyFx: Proudly CHINKO PHONE my CHINKO phone is the best RUNNING on ANDRIOD OS.. AND VERY CHEAP tongue

Bros,gist me abeg..na whch fone b dat n amt...i dey very much interested.Tnx
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Azidogen2: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
wesley80: The day I saw a 'Chinko' phone with a name 'SINGSUNG' I knew there was a trouble for Samsung. grin
THE DAY I SAW A CHINKO PHONE NAMED "IPAWPAW" I KNEW THERE WAS TROUBLE FOR APPLE IPHONE. grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Wallie(m): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
Actually, the article is correct that substandard phones are dangerous to your health! Radiation levels are mandated on cellphone manufacturers but manufacturers in the black market do not have to meet the safety standards because they're in the black market. And I'm sure that it's no surprise to anyone that exposure to high levels of radiation can cause cancer?

For a phone to be sold in the US, its maximum [/b]SAR level must be 1.6 watts per kilogram but it is 2 watts per kilogram in Europe. [b]What is the SAR level of your China phones? Read more on the topic: http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-radiation-levels/?tag=

Here's a list of 20 highest-radiation cell phones in the US.

Rank Model SAR (digital)
1 Motorola Bravo 1.59
2 Motorola Droid 2 Global 1.58
3 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro 1.55
4 Nokia Astound 1.53
5 Motorola Defy 1.52
5a Motorola Grasp 1.52
5b ZTE Salute 1.52
8 RIM BlackBerry Curve 9350 1.5
9 Motorola Droid 2 1.49
10 HTC Desire 1.48
10a HTC Trophy 1.48
12 Motorola Atrix 4G 1.47
12a RIM BlackBerry Curve 9360 1.47
14 ZTE Score 1.45
14a Motorola Droid Razr 1.45
14b Motorola Droid Razr Maxx 1.45
17 RIM BlackBerry Torch 9810 1.44
18 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 1.43
18a RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 1.43
20 RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930 1.38
http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-2.html

20 lowest-radiation cell phones (United States)
Rank Model SAR (digital)
1 Samsung Infuse 4G 0.2
2 Pantech Breeze III 0.281
3 Samsung Acclaim 0.29
4 Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket 0.3
4a Samsung Replenish 0.3
6 Huawei Ideos X5 0.34
6a Huawei Impulse 4G 0.34
6b T-Mobile Sidekick 4G 0.34
9 LG Quantum 0.35
9a Samsung Focus Flash 0.35
9b Samsung Galaxy S II 0.35
12 Samsung Galaxy S II 0.36
13 Samsung Epic 4G Touch 0.4
14 Samsung Evergreen 0.41
14a Samsung Haven 0.41
16 LG Enlighten 0.42
16a Samsung Captivate 0.42
16b Samsung Conquer 4G 0.42
19 HTC Rezound 0.427
20 Samsung Epic 4G Touch 0.4

http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-3.html?tag=

1 Like

Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by 2Mekus: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
hehehehe! Nokia is feeling the pinch and are screaming. Up Chinko! tongue
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Cyberconnect12: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Loveaflame(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
It is an open market.Nokia should shut up.Nigerians are extravagant in spending that's why nokia ios still selling.The other phones are been patronised not just because of the price but the extra features.I have a nokia phone and the other phone serving different purpose.Nokia should give us more values with thiers and reduce the price so that low income earners can buy
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Revolva(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nokia I respect una but well I am not even a chinko fan but I must tell you nokia is scared of TECHNO brand of fones they are comming up strong into nigerian markets have you guys visited techno store and see their andriod ranges of fone
You will clap hand for them

Nokia what else do you wanna produce we have seen it all oooo

Stop beefin chinko na the field is large enough

1 Like

Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Eking: 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-17.html?tag=

Funny enough ZTE and huawei, both chinese companies have lower SAR figures compared to even apple and blackberry.....Nokia is a finished company
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Tunsbobo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mtscheww; and I thought this was an interesting topic
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by ifeci: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
Wallie: Actually, the article is correct that substandard phones are dangerous to your health! Radiation levels are mandated on cellphone manufacturers but manufacturers in the black market do not have to meet the safety standards because they're in the black market. And I'm sure that it's no surprise to anyone that exposure to high levels of radiation can cause cancer?

For a phone to be sold in the US, its maximum [/b]SAR level must be 1.6 watts per kilogram but it is 2 watts per kilogram in Europe. [b]What is the SAR level of your China phones? Read more on the topic: http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-radiation-levels/?tag=

Here's a list of 20 highest-radiation cell phones in the US.

Rank Model SAR (digital)
1 Motorola Bravo 1.59
2 Motorola Droid 2 Global 1.58
3 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro 1.55
4 Nokia Astound 1.53
5 Motorola Defy 1.52
5a Motorola Grasp 1.52
5b ZTE Salute 1.52
8 RIM BlackBerry Curve 9350 1.5
9 Motorola Droid 2 1.49
10 HTC Desire 1.48
10a HTC Trophy 1.48
12 Motorola Atrix 4G 1.47
12a RIM BlackBerry Curve 9360 1.47
14 ZTE Score 1.45
14a Motorola Droid Razr 1.45
14b Motorola Droid Razr Maxx 1.45
17 RIM BlackBerry Torch 9810 1.44
18 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 1.43
18a RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 1.43
20 RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930 1.38
http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-2.html

20 lowest-radiation cell phones (United States)
Rank Model SAR (digital)
1 Samsung Infuse 4G 0.2
2 Pantech Breeze III 0.281
3 Samsung Acclaim 0.29
4 Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket 0.3
4a Samsung Replenish 0.3
6 Huawei Ideos X5 0.34
6a Huawei Impulse 4G 0.34
6b T-Mobile Sidekick 4G 0.34
9 LG Quantum 0.35
9a Samsung Focus Flash 0.35
9b Samsung Galaxy S II 0.35
12 Samsung Galaxy S II 0.36
13 Samsung Epic 4G Touch 0.4
14 Samsung Evergreen 0.41
14a Samsung Haven 0.41
16 LG Enlighten 0.42
16a Samsung Captivate 0.42
16b Samsung Conquer 4G 0.42
19 HTC Rezound 0.427
20 Samsung Epic 4G Touch 0.4

http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-3.html?tag=

Oga Abegi, even General dey die for war front, "one thing must kill a man" so no think say u can scare us with ur radiation theory, abi u wan live forever?
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by emiye(m): 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
i suspect techno is gradually taking over from Nokia in the Nigerian market

It is okay, it keeps Nokia on their toes.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by folahann(m): 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
He never mentioned Chinko now. He said substandard phones
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 17, 2012
fuelsaver:
pls tell us!
Tecno T1. Android wit tv facebook twitter 2go. Wifi and every application. Very cheap 16500 u can even get blackberry porche for just 4500 wit tv every application

I no fit use chinko phone even if my life depend on it though. Just like I no fit use nokia phone
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by kandiikane(m): 12:50am On Jul 17, 2012
Well, if that's the word nokia used to describe china made phones. Nokia is very racist.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by niyimat(m): 6:25am On Jul 17, 2012
The only thing that he was partially right about is the health effect which has not been proven anyway, besides that doesn't make any meaning in the ear of an average Nigeria man. With all of Nokia's escapee in Nigeria, I don't think made in Nigeria Nokia phone is a common place if there is any @ all.
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Danwest: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2012
Why is Nokia talking of substandard phones? i can confirm that from my experience of late, nokia is the chief vendor of substandard phones in nigeria.I gave in to nokia 4 years back when a frind brought nokia phone for me from us. i used it for over 3yrs without any issue. I bought nokia c2 from slot less than a year ago, it has been going in and out of repairs. Go to nokia care centre in ikeja and you will see barrage of complaints on nokia phone.NCC and SON should stop nokia from bringing substandard phones to nigeria.

Nigerians should have value for their money.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Sharon6(f): 7:57am On Jul 17, 2012
Eeyah. Sowie ooo Nokia. How market?
Re: Nokia Warns Against Buying 'Chinko' Phones by Ossaifamous(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2012
the worst phone on android is better than the best Nokia phone still on symbian
I use a Taiwanese product (desire z) and am happy ... got up to sixty applications and am still gonna get more. Nokia don't offer that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Camera Quality A Reason You Bought Your Phone? / Is It Wrong For A Guy To Use A Pink A Phone? / How To Use Your Smartphone As Your Dash Cam In Your Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.