Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,525 members, 7,888,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:37 PM

Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 (6739 Views)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / Tom Clancy Dies At 66 / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by courage89(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Stephen R. Covey, author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" as well as three other books that have all sold more than a million copies, has died. He was 79.

In a statement sent to employees of a Utah consulting firm Covey co-founded, his family said the writer and motivational speaker died at a hospital in Idaho Falls, Idaho, early Monday due to complications from a bicycle accident in April.

"In his final hours, he was surrounded by his loving wife and each one of his children and their spouses, just as he always wanted," the family said.

Covey was hospitalized after being knocked unconscious in the bicycle accident on a steep road in the foothills of Provo, Utah, about 45 miles south of Salt Lake City.

At the time, his publicist, Debra Lund, said doctors had not found any signs of long-term damage to his head.

"He just lost control on his bike and crashed," Lund said. "He was wearing a helmet, which is good news."

Covey is the author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and co-founder of Utah-based professional services company FranklinCovey.

Catherine Sagers, Covey's daughter, told The Salt Lake Tribune in April that her father had suffered some bleeding on his brain after the bicycle accident.

A telephone message left for Sagers on Monday wasn't returned

http://news.yahoo.com/stephen-covey-7-habits-author-dies-79-163742994--finance.html
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by courage89(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
R.I.P Mr. Covey.

Your "seven habits of highly effective people" have a profound impact on me. You're part of the reason why I always try to be proactive, begin with the end in mind and put first thing first.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by otokx(m): 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
bicycle accident; he should have listened to Femi Kuti's track on dangerous games.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by erniok(m): 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2012
Adieu one of my motivational heros.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by NigeriaKwenu(m): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
So, bicycle sef dey kill. Hmmm.

RIP Mr Covey

Afam4eva(Unban me pls)
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Folubaba(m): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
RIP Stephen Covey.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by ariyebaba(m): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by PHIPEX(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
And am here reading his "Every Day Greatness", that's so sad. RIP!
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by ayox2003: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
7 Habits of highly Effective people

1) Be Proactive (Personal Vision)
2) Begin with the end in mind (Personal Leadership)
3) Put first things first (Personal Management)
4) Think win-win
5) Seek first to understand and then to be understood.
6) Synergy
7) Sharpen the saw

RIP Sir. I was shocked when I saw it on twt. You had a great impact on my life.

Without involvement, there is no commitment ~ Stephen R. Covey.

Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by zeepopo: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
dis is just a reminder that DEATH is the only definite reality,whatever you do touch live positively,covey u've made an impact on my lyf thru ur books-7 habits of highly effective people and families,the 8th habit........sad
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
Having an helmet on at the last hour is the ultimate effectiveness. This is to prove that no matter how effective you are in life, the God factor is still there lurking. Your books are sure to sell more. You have impacted your generation. He's a good man heaven please open your door. Nuff respect.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by phraze(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
R.I.P.P Mentor.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by kcpumping(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
R..P covey stephen....ΰ ar my hero my mentor. Your books are highly motivational.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Loveaflame(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
It's sad.I even have the 8th Habit which he wrote.He really impacted the lives of millions of people with his down to earth writings.Adieu great mentor.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Caracta(f): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
I'll never forget you. Rest well, Steve.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
Damn...RIP Stephen Covey. His "7 habits" was like d holy grail for every management consultant. His book thought me all about been proactive as against reactive and also d negatives associated with procrastination. D world has lost a great man
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Donmeca(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
rest in peace mr covey...u touched millions of lives, including mine. i listen to first things first audio book in my fone...daily.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
I ll miss this great gem. But you r still wt me; ur books wont die. It ll be passed to d nxt generation.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by aare07(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
the man who gives people power through proactive measures...............rest in peace.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Skii(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
Rest in Peace Stephen, indeed you have fulfilled mans primary purpose in life...to live "in service to God and mankind" with your gift -seven habits of highly effective people- to the world...Thank you and God bless

(now let me go finish that book)
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by ifeci: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
A Great Author, I still listen to his Audio book on 7 habits of Highly Effective people to motivate myself.

RIP.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by stupor(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
courage89: SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Stephen R. Covey, author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" as well as three other books that have all sold more than a million copies, has died. He was 79.

In a statement sent to employees of a Utah consulting firm Covey co-founded, his family said the writer and motivational speaker died at a hospital in Idaho Falls, Idaho, early Monday due to complications from a bicycle accident in April.

"In his final hours, he was surrounded by his loving wife and each one of his children and their spouses, just as he always wanted," the family said.

Covey was hospitalized after being knocked unconscious in the bicycle accident on a steep road in the foothills of Provo, Utah, about 45 miles south of Salt Lake City.

At the time, his publicist, Debra Lund, said doctors had not found any signs of long-term damage to his head.

"He just lost control on his bike and crashed," Lund said. "He was wearing a helmet, which is good news."

Covey is the author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and co-founder of Utah-based professional services company FranklinCovey.

Catherine Sagers, Covey's daughter, told The Salt Lake Tribune in April that her father had suffered some bleeding on his brain after the bicycle accident.

A telephone message left for Sagers on Monday wasn't returned

Eyah RIP Covey !
http://news.yahoo.com/stephen-covey-7-habits-author-dies-79-163742994--finance.html

Eyah RIP Covey !
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by cowgurl: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
This ain't good, not at all.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by sd6: 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Just last year, he was in Nigeria. RIP covey
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by floriana(m): 1:50am On Jul 17, 2012
The 8th habit: Highly effective people die after some time.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by greatgod2012(f): 3:02am On Jul 17, 2012
RIP, an hero indeed!
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by question(m): 5:16am On Jul 17, 2012
RIP Stephen Covey. Your book is priceless.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2012
R I P "FIRST THING FIRST" motivated me a lot.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Shamsheen: 6:27am On Jul 17, 2012
Though u're gone but ur imprint would linger on in my life and others dat i affected with ur principle based coaching......adieu, my mentor nd coach
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2012
Was he on 2go as predicted by TB Joshua?

RIP sha.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by wale81: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2012
RIP Steven..your sons book "7 habits for highly effective teens" changed my life. So did your work.
Enough respect. I only hope to impact as many lives as you have.
Sleep well.
Re: Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 by ojubi(m): 8:00am On Jul 17, 2012
Your phylosophy, your believes, and your teachings made me a better person today.
When i see the way people behave most times, i just conclude , that they need to read the 7 habits of highly effective people, cos if they do they ll hate some of the things they do today.
Your body may ve died, but ur spirit and teachings lives on forever. Because Heros don't die.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Donatus 21+ / Publishing In Nigeria. Read This: / Project Topics And Materials For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.