Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,856 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story (897 Views)

Marital Bliss In Ramadan: Eight (8) Awesome Tips To Keep Your Love Alive / The Pre-ramadan Preparation The Taqwa Boost / Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by tbaba1234: 2:20am On Jul 17, 2012
Assalam aleikum

It was a few days before ramadan. I was determined to make this the best ramadan ever. All the plans were laid out. I was going to recite the Quran after every salat whether i was at home or in the Office. I was going to go to the masjid for fajr prayers and be back there for Magrib and Isha. I had it all figured out in my head. I had just moved to a new house in pennsylvania and bought a ticket to visit Nigeria in December, everything seemed perfect for Ramadan until i lost my keys...

Yep, i lost my keys, the keys to my house and my office, four keys.... It is strange how we worry over little things.... For the next few days, it was the only thing on my mind; You see, i had just spent over $2000 on a plane ticket and over $1000 rent on moving to a new place plus other expenses relating to moving in... Losing office keys meant i had to pay another $400, $200 for each key as damages... I didn't want to dash anyone $400. I was going to delay this for as long as i could...

I looked everywhere but i couldn't find these keys. The first day of Ramadan was uneventful, I managed to make magrib at the mosque, but it seemed i had forgotten all the big plans. It turned out i was looking in the wrong direction, I stood up in prayer that night and prayed.. By the one in whose hand is my soul, I felt an amazing tranquility. It reminds me of when the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and abu bakr (RA) were in the cave and Allah sent transquility upon abu bakr. I finally realised how silly it was to worry over something so trival, I had accepted the Qadr of Allah. It is amazing how much changes after a few hours of prayer.

I went to the office that day, the keys were the last thing on my mind. , i saw a mail asking me to come get my key.... I muffled a 'Allahuakbar'... Apparently someone picked it up on the streets and returned it to my office....I had learnt not to worry over trivial things... Throughout that Ramadan, nothing could get me worried.... There is no Might or Power except from Allah.... I had one of my best Ramadans and fulfilled most of my objectives... May Allah accept it.

No matter what you worries you this ramadan, remember that Allah is the eternal refuge... Hand your problems over to Him this Ramadan.

Tbaba

1 Like

Re: My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by Walexz02(m): 2:54am On Jul 17, 2012
9ce piece8) jazakumullah kairan!
Re: My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by barin24(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
Honestly, everything in this Dunya is trivial..
Re: My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by Cheers01: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Salaam.

The problem here is that there are people who misplaced their passports during hectic travel times for festivals or holy holidays. Negates your story.

(No derailing intended, just a differing thought)
Re: My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cheers01: Salaam.

The problem here is that there are people who misplaced their passports during hectic travel times for festivals or holy holidays. Negates your story.

(No derailing intended, just a differing thought)

tbaba, watch should I do with this kid?
Re: My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by LagosShia: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
tbaba1234: Assalam aleikum

It was a few days before ramadan. I was determined to make this the best ramadan ever. All the plans were laid out. I was going to recite the Quran after every salat whether i was at home or in the Office. I was going to go to the masjid for fajr prayers and be back there for Magrib and Isha. I had it all figured out in my head. I had just moved to a new house in pennsylvania and bought a ticket to visit Nigeria in December, everything seemed perfect for Ramadan until i lost my keys...

Yep, i lost my keys, the keys to my house and my office, four keys.... It is strange how we worry over little things.... For the next few days, it was the only thing on my mind; You see, i had just spent over $2000 on a plane ticket and over $1000 rent on moving to a new place plus other expenses relating to moving in... Losing office keys meant i had to pay another $400, $200 for each key as damages... I didn't want to dash anyone $400. I was going to delay this for as long as i could...

I looked everywhere but i couldn't find these keys. The first day of Ramadan was uneventful, I managed to make magrib at the mosque, but it seemed i had forgotten all the big plans. It turned out i was looking in the wrong direction, I stood up in prayer that night and prayed.. By the one in whose hand is my soul, I felt an amazing tranquility. It reminds me of when the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and abu bakr (RA) were in the cave and Allah sent transquility upon abu bakr. I finally realised how silly it was to worry over something so trival, I had accepted the Qadr of Allah. It is amazing how much changes after a few hours of prayer.

I went to the office that day, the keys were the last thing on my mind. , i saw a mail asking me to come get my key.... I muffled a 'Allahuakbar'... Apparently someone picked it up on the streets and returned it to my office....I had learnt not to worry over trivial things... Throughout that Ramadan, nothing could get me worried.... There is no Might or Power except from Allah.... I had one of my best Ramadans and fulfilled most of my objectives... May Allah accept it.

No matter what you worries you this ramadan, remember that Allah is the eternal refuge... Hand your problems over to Him this Ramadan.

Tbaba

thanks for the holy story.

but just a point of correction: it was NOT abu bakr that Allah (swt) sent his tranquility upon for his fragile faith when faced with the prospect of imminent death.

"If you will not aid him (Muhammad), Allah certainly aided him (Muhamad) when those who disbelieved expelled him (Muhammad), he (Muhammad) being the second of the two (with abu bakr), when they were both in the cave, when he (Muhammad) said to his companion (abu bakr): 'Grieve not, surely Allah is with us.' So Allah sent down His tranquility upon him (Muhammad) and strengthened him (Muhammad) with hosts which you did not see..." (9:40)

read more on the Verse of the Cave from Sunni-Shia discourse and point of views:

http://www.al-islam.org/peshawar/5.5.html
Re: My Missing Keys- Last Ramadan Story by tbaba1234: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
maclatunji: tbaba, watch should I do with this kid?

grin grin

leave him for now;

(1) (Reply)

Lets Begin : Racism In Islam (part 1) / Is Killing Of Apostates In Islamic Law? / Pls Who Is A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.