Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,809 members, 7,942,032 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:22 PM

Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time (3607 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2012
@asha 80

Yes, am for sure that the dredging has been effectively completed from high-sea to Onitsha and up to Lokoja. Even some companies has been using the channel for transporting their products. Even the SABMILLER used the Niger River to ship most of their materials from Lagos Port to Onitsha Port.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Afam4eva(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2012
jbaur24: @asha 80

Yes, am for sure that the dredging has been effectively completed from high-sea to Onitsha and up to Lokoja. Even some companies has been using the channel for transporting their products. Even the SABMILLER used the Niger River to ship most of their materials from Lagos to Onitsha.
I hope this is true oo.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2012
^

Its true, because even the Orient Petroleum is now using the River Niger channel to ship their crude oil for onward export.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by billante(m): 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
The 4 billion of anambra peter obi invested in orient is d best investment any govt has made! its d coming govt that will enjoy dis massive investment....anambra is really heading to a massive industrial and commercial state, if only people like soludo can sit down and draw out a massive development 10 year plan and use it to campaign for d governorship election.....Am just imagining what will become of anambra if we have adequate finances to fund our renown interlectural and business mind character.....china no go see our back!! this incoming oil money will help us achieve this....we just need a badasss thinker like soludo! ngige is not a thinker but i will give him an enforcer! fearless.....
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Ojiofor: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
Next to join Ebonyi state.congrats to ndi Anambra.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Obiagu1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: This is great news. I feel pity for CR state.

I just hope our Anambra brothers don't start denying being Igbo and start telling us that their ancestors came from Cotonou.

LMAO! You guys go kill person for here.

On a serious note, an average Anambrarian prefers one indivisible Igboland.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by onyeokwu: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2012

I just hope our Anambra brothers don't start denying being Igbo and start telling us that their ancestors came from Cotonou.

Before nko abi you no no sey our ancestors migrated from dahomey come settle in nri
the facts are there we anambrarians are not igbos you greedy igbos should stop clainming us abi na by force to be igbo ?

Abeg we know our history and know where we come from
cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol lol lol

very funny indeed

i feel sorry for ikwerre people
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Obiagu1(m): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
Anambra are not Igbos, we came from Igalla. cool
I heard some came from Benin.

Walahi, e no dey easy to disclaim ones ethnicity because you'll be in a constant battle with your conscience, so I still hail Ikwerre people
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hmmmmmm
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Yeske2(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
Okija_juju:

THE FG owns the oil... WTF is royalties?! I can bet its a JV operation so the FG owns over 50% of every drop of oil mined..

Any proof that it's a JV OP, hate that idea
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Yeske2(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2012

We Anambrarians are 101% Igbo anyday, not people with complexes that would deny their heritage for. . .(for what sef)? If ndi Imo and ndi Abia did not, why should we?
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jason123: 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nice one Anambra! Hope you put the revenue to good use!!!
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by UCyril: 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
Pls imo,abia and anambra state which one get oil pass? And how many oil well dey anambra state.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 6:00am On Jul 19, 2012
^

You wan start another thread?
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Yeske2(m): 6:47am On Jul 19, 2012
U.Cyril:
Pls imo,abia and anambra state which one get oil pass? And how many oil well dey anambra state.
Ask Musiwa to provide the satellite pictures.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by billante(m): 7:46am On Jul 19, 2012
U.Cyril:
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by billante(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2012
U.Cyril:

Imo have more! But the difference is not dat much!...anambra is starting with three, with more coming up!.....I know anambra can produce enough oil dat will satisfy the 50,000 Bpd orient refinery crude needs
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Torch1(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2012
Hmmm! C.Rivers out, Anambra in..
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2012
Na so e be
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by fulfillment2020(m): 1:08am On Jul 21, 2012
Torch1: Hmmm! C.Rivers out, Anambra in..
U go fear nah, na so life be. God wil dethrone somebody to enthrone another.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by fulfillment2020(m): 1:12am On Jul 21, 2012
jason123: Nice one Anambra! Hope you put the revenue to good use!!!
Tnks Jason, We appreciate your concern but we Anambrarians already know how to make judicious use of our money right from onset. We hadn't oil before the like of Innoson auto and other big conglomerates were established. We are born enterprenuers.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by jbaur24: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2012
billante:

Imo have more! But the difference is not dat much!...anambra is starting with three, with more coming up!.....I know anambra can produce enough oil dat will satisfy the 50,000 Bpd orient refinery crude needs

Its 55 Bpd. Its a massive modular refinery.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Dainfamous: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2012
Orient Refinery Will Save Nigeria $1bn Yearly - says MD
( 20.05.08 )

Nigeria's external reserve would be swollen by about $500 million to $1 billion yearly when the Orient Refinery in Anambra State becomes operational next year.

This was disclosed by the Managing Director/ Chief Executive of Orient Petroleum Resources Plc (OPRP), Chief Emeka Nwawka, in an interview with journalists in Awka.

Nwawka noted that when the refined products and bye-products from Orient Refinery comes on stream in 2009, it would save the nation scarce foreign reserve amounting to about $1 billion currently being spent on the importation of refined products yearly in the first instance. This margin would increase progressively as operations increase and improve, he added.

OPRP, which is the promoters of the refinery project, according to Nwawka, would turn things around positively for the economy.

He said, "The supply of processed hydrocarbon products from the refinery, gas and dependable electricity supply would provide the impetus and feedstock for other industries in Anambra State."

He stressed that in his lecture at the maiden yearly lecture of the Onitsha Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture (ONICCIMA) titled, "Orient Petroleum Resources Plc in the eye of a mega city," the refinery would make substantial contribution to the nation's economy, which currently depended mostly on crude oil export.

He pointed out that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would be improved directly by increasing the productive industrial sector with the addition of the considerable income from the refinery.

"Indirectly, by provision of reliable energy supply to the rest of the economy, an overall growth will be realised in the country. The direct benefit will include the creation of opportunities for commerce and entrepreneurship, well aid, steady jobs, hard currency savings from import substation, human resource development and skills acquisition through on-the-spot training and creation of social harmony in the project area by the company's participating community relations approach," he maintained.

He stated that new industries would be attracted to the state, while the efficiency of existing ones would be enhanced significantly with the provision of dependable infrastructure.

In addition, the new airport to be built in Anambra State would attract important businesses and services to the state and maintain a highly skilled workforce, adding that it would improve the local environment and open it up for tourism, as well as improve the access to domestic and international transit routes.

Nwawka spoke of the benefits of the refinery to the host communities in the areas of participatory community relations policy; community ranked development projects; sustenance/improvement of native occupations; shareholding; board representation and regular interactive sessions.

On the issue of preservation of the environment, OPRP held itself to the highest international standards, as well as full adherence to Nigerian law, pointing out that the Chairman of the board of directors, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, is the international president of the World Widelife Fund (WWF) having taken over the position from Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, stressing that it placed the company to not only uphold the highest standards but also be seen as a champion for the preservation of the environment in all its facets.

His words, "Having completed rigorously the due process of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the refinery, the EIA report had been approved by the authorities and an EIA certificate issued by the Federal Government to OPRP for the construction and operation of Orient refinery."

SO ORIENT REFINERY SAVE $1 BILLION A YEAR FOR NIGERIA ON IMPORTATION PRODUCTS
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by Dainfamous: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2012
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=24162409

Orient Petroleum Refinery processes crude oil. It offers petrol, diesel, kerosene, road grade asphalt, and cooking gas in Anambra, Kogi, Enugu, Abia, Imo, Delta, Kwara, and Nassarawa, Nigeria, as well as the federal capital territory of Abuja. The company is based in Otuocha, Nigeria. Orient Petroleum Refinery operates as a subsidiary of Orient Petroleum Resources, Ltd.
Umudora Umuiku Anam
Anambra State
Otuocha,
Nigeria
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by fulfillment2020(m): 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
Da infamous: Orient Refinery Will Save Nigeria $1bn Yearly - says MD
( 20.05.08 )

Nigeria's external reserve would be swollen by about $500 million to $1 billion yearly when the Orient Refinery in Anambra State becomes operational next year.

This was disclosed by the Managing Director/ Chief Executive of Orient Petroleum Resources Plc (OPRP), Chief Emeka Nwawka, in an interview with journalists in Awka.

Nwawka noted that when the refined products and bye-products from Orient Refinery comes on stream in 2009, it would save the nation scarce foreign reserve amounting to about $1 billion currently being spent on the importation of refined products yearly in the first instance. This margin would increase progressively as operations increase and improve, he added.

OPRP, which is the promoters of the refinery project, according to Nwawka, would turn things around positively for the economy.

He said, "The supply of processed hydrocarbon products from the refinery, gas and dependable electricity supply would provide the impetus and feedstock for other industries in Anambra State."

He stressed that in his lecture at the maiden yearly lecture of the Onitsha Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture (ONICCIMA) titled, "Orient Petroleum Resources Plc in the eye of a mega city," the refinery would make substantial contribution to the nation's economy, which currently depended mostly on crude oil export.

He pointed out that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would be improved directly by increasing the productive industrial sector with the addition of the considerable income from the refinery.

"Indirectly, by provision of reliable energy supply to the rest of the economy, an overall growth will be realised in the country. The direct benefit will include the creation of opportunities for commerce and entrepreneurship, well aid, steady jobs, hard currency savings from import substation, human resource development and skills acquisition through on-the-spot training and creation of social harmony in the project area by the company's participating community relations approach," he maintained.

He stated that new industries would be attracted to the state, while the efficiency of existing ones would be enhanced significantly with the provision of dependable infrastructure.

In addition, the new airport to be built in Anambra State would attract important businesses and services to the state and maintain a highly skilled workforce, adding that it would improve the local environment and open it up for tourism, as well as improve the access to domestic and international transit routes.

Nwawka spoke of the benefits of the refinery to the host communities in the areas of participatory community relations policy; community ranked development projects; sustenance/improvement of native occupations; shareholding; board representation and regular interactive sessions.

On the issue of preservation of the environment, OPRP held itself to the highest international standards, as well as full adherence to Nigerian law, pointing out that the Chairman of the board of directors, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, is the international president of the World Widelife Fund (WWF) having taken over the position from Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, stressing that it placed the company to not only uphold the highest standards but also be seen as a champion for the preservation of the environment in all its facets.

His words, "Having completed rigorously the due process of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the refinery, the EIA report had been approved by the authorities and an EIA certificate issued by the Federal Government to OPRP for the construction and operation of Orient refinery."

SO ORIENT REFINERY SAVE $1 BILLION A YEAR FOR NIGERIA ON IMPORTATION PRODUCTS
Chief Emeka Anyaoku is the Adazie Obosi and Ugwumba Idemili. Also he's a product of my prestigious alma mater Merchants of Light School(MLS) Oba. We the old boys of MLS are very proud of you. Omnes Unum Sumus.
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by MrGlobe(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
billante:

I remember a chat i had with the deputy governor of Anambra state recently and he authoritatively told me that most oil Wells in IMO belong to Anambra and that they are in the final stages of getting them back through the national boundaries commission. He was the first to tell me too about the Anambra oil league stuff.
To the ikwerre matter. Ikwerre people are animalistic, I like as they denied their heritage because their characters does not represent the igbo spirit at all even tho I know they will apologize in future. I hate Ikwerre people.

so why has the mods denied this thread its homepage status? can someone screaàaaàaàäm tribalistic envy
Re: Anambra State Will Join D League Of Oil Producing In Two Weeks Time by oneeast: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I remember a chat i had with the deputy governor of Anambra state recently and he authoritatively told me that most oil Wells in IMO belong to Anambra and that they are in the final stages of getting them back through the national boundaries commission. He was the first to tell me too about the Anambra oil league stuff.
To the ikwerre matter. Ikwerre people are animalistic, I like as they denied their heritage because their characters does not represent the igbo spirit at all even tho I know they will apologize in future. I hate Ikwerre people.

so why has the mods denied this thread its homepage status? can someone screaàaaàaàäm tribalistic envy

ofcos the ofemmanus are not happy the way Alaigbo and Anambra particular is taking over the economy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cnn Rejects FG Advert On GEJ Visit To China / My 2015 Voters Card Registration Experience / My Dream Last Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.