Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,376 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:04 PM

FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding (9864 Views)

PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( / Young Man Fell Off Speeding Train In Lagos This Morning - Pics / Helicopters, Night-vision Other Equipment To Aid Search Arrive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Sunofgod(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
Eket (Akwa Ibom) – Mr Yakubu Attah, Zonal Commanding Officer of the FRSC Zone 6 Command of the commission said on Monday that the commission had acquired an equipment to check over-speeding by drivers.

Attah, an Assistant Corps Marshal in charge of Zone 6 in Port Harcourt, said in an interview in Eket that the commission was also poised to check over-loading.

Attah disclosed that the commission recently took delivery of hand-held radar guns to monitor motorists who drove beyond speed limits.

”Over-speeding and over-loading are of serious concern to the FRSC.

”Recently, the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive, Mr Osita Chidoka, procured some hand-held radar guns to clamp down on over-speeding drivers.

“So over-speeding will soon be a thing of the past, all we need to do with the new drivers’ licence is to take your number and arrest you on the point of renewing your vehicle papers.

“So you may over-speed but you are not far from us, ” he said.

On the recommendation that the FRSC should be scrapped or merged with the police, Attah said that such calls would not be justified, in view of the strategic nature of the commission on safety of commuters on the nation’s roads.

“It is not justifiable because FRSC has come a long way, FRSC is a household name, above all, the FRSC is the lead agency in terms of road safety administration and management.

“It is not justifiable at all, I am of the view that the government should have a re-think, ” he said.

The Zonal Commanding Officer said that he was committed to boosting the morale of the commission’s officers and men as a way of improving their productivity.

He said that Chidoka appreciated the sacrifices being made by the commission’s officers in discharging their duties. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/frsc-acquires-equipment-to-check-over-speeding/
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Sunofgod(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
the 'War on Motorists'

What are the speed limits in Nigeria?

And what percentage of Nigerian vehicles have working speedometers?

Are Govt vehicle (high speed convoys) exempt from speeding?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
When it comes to communication in Nigeria, I give the FRSC a thumbs up. This was the only organization I was able to get via email, and the responses to requests, even though not all fulfilled as expected, were prompt. I exchanged at least 3 emails with someone from their office just yesterday alone, and I hope to do more of this in the days to come.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by otunba9ja: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
GOOD MOVE TO CHECK OKADA RIDERS[size=8pt][/size]
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Skywalker5(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sun of god: Eket (Akwa Ibom) – Mr Yakubu Attah, Zonal Commanding Officer of the FRSC Zone 6 Command of the commission said on Monday that the commission had acquired an equipment to check over-speeding by drivers.

WTF they dont even know the name of the equipment. is this FRSC problem or the newspaper reporting it?
Besides what is the speed limit in Nigeria. Another way to steal money in Nigeria. Bunch of idiots and fools
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by slimdiggi: 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
About time!
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

WTF they dont even know the name of the equipment. is this FRSC problem or the newspaper reporting it?
Besides what is the speed limit in Nigeria. Another way to steal money in Nigeria. Bunch of idiots and fools

TIME FOR YOU TO SH UT UP. The name is there: hand-held radar guns: You are so sad that you think anything developmental in Nigeria is to "chop" money. What kind of question is that? What is the speed limit in Nigeria. What is the speed limit in America?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by 3sc: 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sun of god: the 'War on Motorists'

What are the spped limits in Nigeria?

And what percentage of Nigerian vehicles have working speedometers?

What kind of post is this? So because cars don't have speedometers, then, people who are responsible shouldn't do what is right?
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by ypzilanti: 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
Shey they will kindly post the speed limits for people to see? Thank you very much.

...before i forget, please stick to the highways where you are needed and stay away from urban centers.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2012
ypzilanti: Shey they will kindly post the speed limits for people to see? Thank you very much.

...before i forget, please stick to the highways where you are needed and[b] stay away from[/b] urban centers.

LOL - because traffic monitoring and road safety is not needed in urban areas. What kind of thinking is this?
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by owobokiri(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
But honestly, how do you check the speed of a car without any speedometer in a road with no visible speed limits? Na puzzle? Are we not emberrassed that this equipment that should have been here decades ago is making headlines today?
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by SisiKill1: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

LMFAO!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Skywalker5(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
werepeLeri:

TIME FOR YOU TO SH UT UP. The name is there: hand-held radar guns: You are so sad that you think anything developmental in Nigeria is to "chop" money. What kind of question is that? What is the speed limit in Nigeria. What is the speed limit in America?
ode. tell me how they will arrest people for over speeding when there is no speed limit on any road in Nigeria? I am sure the radar gun is development for you

Asking what is the speed limit in America? are you for real?
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by ebamma(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
we don hear am before, next topic pls
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

ode. tell me how they will arrest people for over speeding when there is no speed limit on any road in Nigeria? I am sure the radar gun is development for you

Asking what is the speed limit in America? are you for real?

Answer the question. What is the speed limit in America. Answer. I am waiting.

How many roads have you traveled interstate and you haven't seen speed limit? Do u care to look to see if they are there or you are one of those who simply ignore and drive themselves silly and then come around to blame government.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria.. A country that puts the cart before the horse ...

What's the big deal about acquiring speed guns when their are no road signs in the country.. Even the bloody roads are not marked with white lines.. So what speed is over-speeding when there is no sign?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
Name one highway in Nigeria and I will post you all the road signs pictures on that road from one end to the other.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
I am still waiting for you to tell me what is the speed limit in America.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2012
Oooh! This is a good development,i knw but also detrimental to situations whr 'need for speed' or 'fast and furious' is paramount.i hope i wont b caught as an offender cos i love speeding*blooddeyhot*
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by werepeLeri: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
it is highly worrisome to just criticize anything done just for the sake of say you wan write something for NairaLand.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by jamil2(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
werepeLeri: Name one highway in Nigeria and I will post you all the road signs pictures on that road from one end to the other.
how can I trust person like you by pasting such post in the forum?
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by amanze15(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
went past 1 enroute okene - abuja expressway and i luk i saw same speed i was going.....kul coolwent past 1 enroute okene - abuja expressway and i luk i saw same speed i was going.....kul
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by violent(m): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sky-walker:

It does appear to me that you may be the i[i]d[/i]iot here. I can't honestly think of anything more symptomatic of stark insanity than calling someone who attempts to bring order to a chaotic environment an i[i]d[/i]iot.

Let's even assume for a minute that your foolish statement is correct and there are no speed limits on ANY road in Nigeria, should that also imply that such aberration must continue to exist? Isn't it smarter that a means to enforce a law exists before such laws come into effect? You shouldn't just jam your toothed mandibles together to appear intelligent.

If you can't support what appears to be a very smart move to reduce the number of fatal crashes that takes place on our highways by careless drivers, you should at least learn to shut your mouth. Silence, people say, is golden!

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by violent(m): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju: Nigeria.. A country that puts the cart before the horse ...

What's the big deal about acquiring speed guns when their are no road signs in the country.. Even the bloody roads are not marked with white lines.. So what speed is over-speeding when there is no sign?

Nigerians are accustomed to a very lawless environment. I grew up in Naija learning basic road signs but it's only in very occasional cases that I have actually seen people pay attention to any of these. You see people speed over zebra crossings, park their danfos in areas which says "No parking" and smash up their gears in places where the signs says "slow down"!!!!

Someone has got to put some order in place.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Skywalker5(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
werepeLeri:

Answer the question. What is the speed limit in America. Answer. I am waiting.

How many roads have you traveled interstate and you haven't seen speed limit? Do u care to look to see if they are there or you are one of those who simply ignore and drive themselves silly and then come around to blame government.

which speed limits have you seen on the roads in Nigeria. You have not enforced that on every roads, you buying "equipment to curb over speeding". you guys are a joke
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
Good move. I never knew there weren't such equipment available in Nigeria. It's shame nation neglect so many things important to the society.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Skywalker5(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
violent:

It does appear to me that you may be the i[i]d[/i]iot here. I can't honestly think of anything more symptomatic of stark insanity than calling someone who attempts to bring order to a chaotic environment an i[i]d[/i]iot.

Let's even assume for a minute that your foolish statement is correct and there are no speed limits on ANY road in Nigeria, should that also imply that such aberration must continue to exist? Isn't it smarter that a means to enforce a law exists before such laws come into effect? You shouldn't just jam your toothed mandibles together to appear intelligent.

If you can't support what appears to be a very smart move to reduce the number of fatal crashes that takes place on our highways by careless drivers, you should at least learn to shut your mouth. Silence, people say, is golden!

ode You forgot bad roads, pot holes You wont fix that,u happy with radar guns and "equipment to curb over speeding". get real guys.
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
Kudos COMACE Osita Chidoka. Whether we like it or not, 9ja must be great! Some of us don't even reason b4 we flip-flop our dental network. That some sectors are failing does not mean that nothing will ever succeed in nigeria! Let's wake up to the NIGERIA we own! Support laudable innovations and together, we'll get there!
Yours Sincerely,
I AM ACTUALLY FIT2RULE!
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by akhis: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
Most highways in Nigeria have speed limit and its mostly 100km/h. Look very most trucks, speed limits are written there. For example, a truck limit is 56km/h except for smaller trucks which are 72km/h, then buses are 80km/h. But you will agree with me that these Nigerian drivers go far beyond these advised speeds and the reason they simply give is " oyinbo do speedometer reach 220 why na only 100 I go dey use?"
Re: FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding by UCyril: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
Speed limits for vehicles on roads in KM/HR.(Motorcycles;Build up area:50.Highway:50.(Private cars;Build up area:50,Highway:80,Expressway:100.(Taxis & buses;Build up area:50.Highway:80.Expressway:90.(tankers/trailers;Build up area:45,Highway:50,Expressway:60.(Tow vehicle while towing;Build up area:45,Highway:45,Express:45.While not towing;Build up area:50,Highway:60,Express:70.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Threaten Danjuma, ACF Warns Tompolo, Dokubo / Wike: Those Plotting My Death Will Die First / Job Racketeering Scandal: Reps Committee Refute Reports, Summon NUC, VCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.