Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,693 members, 7,938,103 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? (19165 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? by oginga: 10:11am On Nov 16, 2014
There are three sides to every conflict, rumours and gossip. They are (their sides, your own side and the bitter truth).

..................."Blunt".......................
Young woman, i guess you've not seen the dirty and ugly side of your so called best friend and probably that of your other half. Come off it if you want peace of mind. However, if you want your heart to beat very fast, harshly dig deep .
Re: My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? by malaria(f): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Madam, if ur hussy doesn't want you around your friend why disturb yourself. You hussy is now your best friend, so face him not your friend. He has a reason for his actions. I dnt understand why a married woman will be looking for a best friend when she has God, a husband and her mother-in-law. Poster pls face your home. Your Alex should have a life now and understands you have a new job at hand which is your marriage.
Re: My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? by mutter(f): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
I also fear that you husband is scared that something might be exposed. Very possible that they had something.
However if that be the case then there is nothing you can do.

Let it be many, many friends end up being a disappointment disappointment anyway.
Re: My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? by tdayoojo: 9:54pm On May 10, 2023
luvme2:
Thanks guys, u've all been really helpful. He knew her before we got married but she and I drifted apart for some time and just got back together. That was when I noticed the hostility.

You're now married and so your spouse is supposed to be closest/best friend. Give your friend a space for your marriage to thrive. Your friend is now a third party in your life and you need to treat her as such. This would not end your interaction with her but their should be a boundary. Except, you want to marry your friend sacrificing that cordial relationship for your family is not too much. Besides, your friend will eventually get used to the new situation and adjust accordingly.
Re: My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:13am On May 11, 2023
tdayoojo:

You're now married and so your spouse is supposed to be closest/best friend. Give your friend a space for your marriage to thrive. Your friend is now a third party in your life and you need to treat her as such. This would not end your interaction with her but their should be a boundary. Except, you want to marry your friend sacrificing that cordial relationship for your family is not too much. Besides, your friend will eventually get used to the new situation and adjust accordingly.

You're replying to a post made 11yrs ago, man!
Re: My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On May 11, 2023
luvme2:
Alex has being my closest friend since our 1st year in the university. Infact, she is more like a sister to me than a friend. We know everything about each other, when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. After school, I got married and my husband doesn't want me to have anything to do with her. He even refused my attending her wedding. NLDs please what do I do as I cannot choose between my husband and my closest friend?
I wonder what choice OP made regarding this issue 11 years ago and how it turned out. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? / Is Bishop David Oyedepo's Church Indirectly Glorifying Satan(photos) / Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.