Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,114 members, 7,890,708 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310466 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by afolabi009: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2012
my uk visiting visa was refused can i apply for USA student visa? fast reply plz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
Yes you can. I have similar case too
afolabi009: my uk visiting visa was refused can i apply for USA student visa? fast reply plz

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
GUYS IS NOT ALL ABOUT GOING TO STATES IS ALL ABOUT GETTING A GOOD JOB AFTER STUDYING
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 12:22am On Oct 28, 2012
ik.swiss:
GUYS IS NOT ALL ABOUT GOING TO STATES IS ALL ABOUT GETTING A GOOD JOB AFTER STUDYING

ik.swiss; please friends am a student of eastern Mediterranean university i want to know if there is any school in usa paying low tuition fees like 5000 dollars?
Is it not you that asked this question ^^ before? US denied you and now you're trying to go to finland and turkey and you're here discouraging us. mstchew
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Allohrandy(m): 3:18am On Oct 28, 2012
afolabi009: my uk visiting visa was refused can i apply for USA student visa? fast reply plz
Yes. you can apply for US visa and the UK visa will non affect the outcome of your US visa except you chose to tell them during your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:29am On Oct 28, 2012
Mamacita007:

ik.swiss; please friends am a student of eastern Mediterranean university i want to know if there is any school in usa paying low tuition fees like 5000 dollars?
Is it not you that asked this question ^^ before? US denied you and now you're trying to go to finland and turkey and you're here discouraging us. mstchew

Ma-ma-ci-ta! You took the statement straight from me before I could say it. lolz

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by afolabi009: 4:33am On Oct 28, 2012
@ik.swiss: Okay thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 7:22am On Oct 28, 2012
ik.swiss:
if us embassy vos and other countries check nairaland, u won't be allowed to even near airport, dnt discourage nobody here, u posted in turkey, cyprus, ukraine, nw germany, finland all because usa denied n nw u wanna discourage. If I were I come to naija n start a shw called my travelling experience

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 28, 2012
Gurus in da house. Can I reapply by the end of this week? I was been frustrated by the VO because she kept on interrupting me anytime I try to give an answer to a question that demands an explanation. In the end she said I was not able to convince her and she gave me a white paper and passport and said, “the reason for my refusal is on that white paper. She did not look at any of my documents apart from my receipt. Below is how the interview went:

ME: Good morning
VO: your receipts and passport
ME: I gave her my receipt, I -20, and passport
VO: Where are you going?
ME: The university of Texas at Dallas
VO: Why UT Dallas?
ME: The University of Texas at Dallas provides research opportunities…………….. she did not let me complete my answer and she interrupted me
VO: Sir don’t tell me what you have already rehearsed, I want to hear your own reasons
ME: The Electrical Engineering programs at UT Dallas provides a solid………………….. she did not let me complete and she interrupted me again
VO: Sir don’t tell me what you have already rehearsed, you are pissing me off, give me your own reasons.
VO: How many schools did you apply?
ME: Only UT Dallas
VO: When did you complete High School?
ME: 2005
VO: What have you been doing with your life for the past seven years?
ME: I furthered my education at Yaba Polytechnic and obtained an HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My uncle
VO: What does your uncle do?
ME: I explained
VO: Did you take the SAT test?
ME: No, I took the TOEFL
VO: what do you plan to do with your degree?
ME: I plan to come back to my……………. She did let me complete my answer
VO: Please Sir this is what I have been telling you, don’t tell me what you have already rehearsed.
VO: Have you traveled outside your country before?
ME: No
The VO typed something on her computer and told me, ” you have not been able to convince me, the reason for your refusal is explained on this paper”. And she gave me a white sheet and my passport.
Please why did she interrupted me frequently?
Please where did I go wrong?
Was my approach on how I answered the questions not the best?
I hope to hear from you because I want to reapply by the end of this week
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by decreamaster(m): 9:28am On Oct 28, 2012
pls can some one tell me if i can gain admission into any university in usa or canada with 2 sittings in waec
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 9:28am On Oct 28, 2012
Hello guys quick one, can someone still register for TOEFL or IELTS and get the result print out before the 6th of December! Happy sunday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by risherris: 10:44am On Oct 28, 2012
hi peeps,i plan re-applying, what should i do,should i re-schedule at abuja or should choose lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:50am On Oct 28, 2012
Better-person:
Gurus in da house. Can I reapply by the end of this week? I was been frustrated by the VO because she kept on interrupting me anytime I try to give an answer to a question that demands an explanation. In the end she said I was not able to convince her and she gave me a white paper and passport and said, “the reason for my refusal is on that white paper. She did not look at any of my documents apart from my receipt. Below is how the interview went:

ME: The University of Texas at Dallas provides research opportunities…………….. she did not let me complete my answer and she interrupted me
VO: Sir don’t tell me what you have already rehearsed, I want to hear your own reasons
ME: The Electrical Engineering programs at UT Dallas provides a solid………………….. she did not let me complete and she interrupted me again
VO: Sir don’t tell me what you have already rehearsed, you are pissing me off, give me your own reasons.
ME: I furthered my education at Yaba Polytechnic and obtained an HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
VO: Please Sir this is what I have been telling you, don’t tell me what you have already rehearsed.
The VO typed something on her computer and told me, ” you have not been able to convince me, the reason for your refusal is explained on this paper”. And she gave me a white sheet and my passport.
Thank you
Someone has posted a similar experience with a vo saying the applicant was giving her rehearsed statements. I guess its the same lady you met. She may have gotten tired of applicants giving her the same reply day in day out. Logical personal reasons you could have given were low cost of living and rent, similar weather to your home weather etc. This means the rest of us here will have to re-strategize. Lol
Also, you applied only to just one school. Automatically, that tells them that your going to the US isnt for study, but just to somehow get into the US. Sorry, but that's what they've been trained to infer.
Then also is that factor of huge time gap between high school and university. But this factor is easily pliable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2012
risher ris: hi peeps,i plan re-applying, what should i do,should i re-schedule at abuja or should choose lagos?
See, the lady didn't deny you. Your appointment is still valid. Get your SEVIS fee receipt ready, prepare again, pray, return to the embassy, be bold and confident, and utilise a few body language movements. You can still get it. Yes. Don't hurriedly go and spend extra money re-applying. Do this only if you were denied. Luckily enough you were able to save your appointment by speaking out about the western union delay in processing which, if true, isn't your fault.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
Better-person:

Thank you
@bolded....dis vo must b crazy...if u piss am off shey him wan beat u ni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
Guys pls, information on hw to pay my sevis is highly needed.... Any valid and less costly means uld b more appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
@Better-person,

She must have heard lot of people saying almost similar thing before it got to your turn. That was why she kept interrupting you, asking you to change your response. Such situation isn't good in any interview because you will tripped and only those extremely perfect would be able to comport themselves in such situation. Sorry and I want you to be sure it's not your time. Some don't even compose themselves well and they still get it (luck factor). Never relent and prepare well again are the trick.

fadinus:
@bolded....dis vo must b crazy...if u piss am off shey him wan beat u ni

Not really her faulty, we don't know all she heard before his turn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kaliedoscope: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
I think she just wanted you to be real, like relaxed and just say you future career dreams.
Better-person:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Mamacita007:

I just fell in love with this babe grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

CSI:NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
ronald2g1: if us embassy vos and other countries check nairaland, u won't be allowed to even near airport, dnt discourage nobody here, u posted in turkey, cyprus, ukraine, nw germany, finland all because usa denied n nw u wanna discourage. If I were I come to naija n start a shw called my travelling experience

Now turning gay cos of this grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
Better-person:

Thank you

Sorry bro. . . . .

Am sure she must have heard these stories alot so it now sounds rehearsed to her. . . Plus she myt be a NLer wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Tinabab: 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
pls, i am new on dis thread.......and pls can anybody give a hint abt dis travelin stuff.......am a secondary skul holder going 4 degree abroad......pls i need clear reply not abusive reply ASAP.....plssssssss i need it so bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
Tinabab: pls, i am new on dis thread.......and pls can anybody give a hint abt dis travelin stuff.......am a secondary skul holder going 4 degree abroad......pls i need clear reply not abusive reply ASAP.....plssssssss i need it so bad

All you need to know about travelling to the states to study is on this thread. Digest it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by afolabi009: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
@dnpasion thanks as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
Better-person:

Thank you

Not a good day for you at all, this is where we talk about the luck factor thing, cus people that did less rehearsals and nairaland thing would probably get their visa by that same woman. You did great trust me it wasn't your fault, but you should have said you applied to more than one school, and taken a standardized test other than TOEFL. Reapply and pray for favor this time. For the most part she cant interview you again, so you are over with her drama.

Wishing all spring applicants the very best of God and deeverick too! you shall testify by His grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
ollyboy1: Hello guys quick one, can someone still register for TOEFL or IELTS and get the result print out before the 6th of December! Happy sunday

Id advise you to write IELTS at the British council. Give at least 20days within your test and interview date. I took mine at BC, Lagos. Most test centres in Lag are fully booked for this years TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
kpolli:

I just fell in love with this babe grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

CSI:NAIRALAND

imperiouxx:

Ma-ma-ci-ta! You took the statement straight from me before I could say it. lolz

Haha!! Yes o we need to rebuke all the negative people here and fire dem asap. We are on the mountain top and cant be pulled down to the valley of frustration and desperadoes to travel to anywhere on earth looooooooool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Tinabab: 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
king1_00:

All you need to know about travelling to the states to study is on this thread. Digest it!

can u be 9ce by summarisin the whole stories 2 me...cos pple are just talkin abt deir experience on dis thread...10ks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
imperiouxx: @Better-person,

She must have heard lot of people saying almost similar thing before it got to your turn. That was why she kept interrupting you, asking you to change your response. Such situation isn't good in any interview because you will tripped and only those extremely perfect would be able to comport themselves in such situation. Sorry and I want you to be sure it's not your time. Some don't even compose themselves well and they still get it (luck factor). Never relent and prepare well again are the trick.

Not really her faulty, we don't know all she heard before his turn.
aiit õ, some of d questions askd about why u chose the schl can always b found on the schl website...so no need tu provide premade anwsers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
kpolli:

Now turning gay cos of this grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hope ur ready tu have ur a.s.s pounded tu stuppour wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 12:41am On Oct 29, 2012
Tinabab:
can u be 9ce by summarisin the whole stories 2 me...cos pple are just talkin abt deir experience on dis thread...10ks so much
Let me tell you the truth, brov. No one is going to summarize the thread for you adequately. i went through the 3 threads when it was my time (and I was going for a PhD program). I did not need to ask any questions because I had all the info at the tip of my fingers. Bookmark am on your BB and READ! Take this from a brother. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 12:42am On Oct 29, 2012
Guys, Sandy reach una side?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.